Bloomberg L.P. Analytic Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Was a slow and lengthy process. Where the recruiters seem to take their time. Once you finally got an interview they wanted to know your knowledge about the market.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Fairly simple interview, HR Rep was very knowledgeable about the position and answered any questions I had. Was told I would hear back if I was being considered for a second interview. Received e-mail stating I was considered for a second interview. The second interview was oddly almost identical to the first with a few variations. Mostly about organizational fit, work experience, accomplishments. Nothing too technical.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a leadership role you took on and how it affects your outlook on the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I sent my resume through their webpage, after a few days (Less than a week) I got an email to set up a phone interview. This was really basic, about why did I choose bloomberg, the description of the position, and a light introduction about myself.

About a week later, they sent me another e-mail for a in-house interview with a sales manager and an analyticis represenentative, this was more in depth about my resume and personality (biggest achievement, what do i have to offer, etc.)

Analytics Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

I went to an open door event where they were showing what the job was about - at the end it's a customer care of very high level. You interact with customers mainly on chat. I spoke with two Italian people, very good people who were asking me why I wanted to change my career to finance (I was coming from a different background) I told them I wanted to try to something new, different. They started to ask me questions about financial terms which I only partially knew. At the end we kinda of agreed that I didn't want the job and they didn't want me to do the job - it's a win2win situation

Interview Questions

• Explain strategy of European Central Bank about interests / difference between a future and a forward   Answer Question

Analytics Representative Interview

Interview

online application, phone interview, on-site interview
    major questions were: why bloomberg, why this position, why finance industry?
    interviewers want to hear a very clear answer about your motivation.
    the interviewers are not really friendly when asking you questions, which made me feel uncomfortable to answer

Interview Questions

• the questions were simple and typical, but they dig deeper with why why whys.   Answer Question

Analytics Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

Interview

general questions like describing yourself
    and also asked current issues

Analytics Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Tokyo (Japan)) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, 2:1 interview with team leaders, 2:1 interview with managers, 1:1 interview with Analytics Asia-Pacific Manager. Fantastic office and approachable people (less so during interview, obviously).

Advice: prepare a speech (not a response, but a speech) for the question, "Why Bloomberg?" - network and talk to people with different levels of experience to get a good feel of what your career might be like.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Currently in negotiation (pre-acceptance)

Analytics Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Basic hiring as with any other company. Key focus is on why you want to work for this company and what you know about us.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No scope for negotiation

Analytic Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2010.

Interview

a short 30 sec self intro
    then group discussion like a role-play scenario
    they ask you random question that deals with clients' problems or sales?
    like client asking for compensation or sell a stereo system to a deaf person.... etc

Interview Questions

• How do you sell a stereo system to a deaf person?   Answer Question
    • what would you do if a client come back and ask for compensation after eating the dinner in your hotel   Answer Question

Analytics Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

Interview

First phone interview. HR asked me why I'm interested in the position in English. Then just briefly introducing myself to her in Mandarin. After that she arranged me to meet her in person in a few days. The conversation didn't last long at all, may be less than 15 minutes. The Hr person was very nice. I was kind of nervous because I needed to go through all this during working time at the office.