Bloomberg L.P. Analytics Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2014

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2010.

Fairly simple interview, HR Rep was very knowledgeable about the position and answered any questions I had. Was told I would hear back if I was being considered for a second interview. Received e-mail stating I was considered for a second interview. The second interview was oddly almost identical to the first with a few variations. Mostly about organizational fit, work experience, accomplishments. Nothing too technical.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a leadership role you took on and how it affects your outlook on the workplace?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2010.

I sent my resume through their webpage, after a few days (Less than a week) I got an email to set up a phone interview. This was really basic, about why did I choose bloomberg, the description of the position, and a light introduction about myself.

About a week later, they sent me another e-mail for a in-house interview with a sales manager and an analyticis represenentative, this was more in depth about my resume and personality (biggest achievement, what do i have to offer, etc.)

Analytics Representative Interview

online application, phone interview, on-site interview
    major questions were: why bloomberg, why this position, why finance industry?
    interviewers want to hear a very clear answer about your motivation.
    the interviewers are not really friendly when asking you questions, which made me feel uncomfortable to answer

Interview Questions
    • the questions were simple and typical, but they dig deeper with why why whys.   Answer Question

Analytics Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2011.

Basic hiring as with any other company. Key focus is on why you want to work for this company and what you know about us.

No scope for negotiation

Analytics Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

general questions like describing yourself
    and also asked current issues

Analytics Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2011.

Phone interview, 2:1 interview with team leaders, 2:1 interview with managers, 1:1 interview with Analytics Asia-Pacific Manager. Fantastic office and approachable people (less so during interview, obviously).

Advice: prepare a speech (not a response, but a speech) for the question, "Why Bloomberg?" - network and talk to people with different levels of experience to get a good feel of what your career might be like.

Interview Questions
    Currently in negotiation (pre-acceptance)

Analytics Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2009.

-Why did yo uapply for our company?
    _When can you start working?

Analytic Representative Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2010.

a short 30 sec self intro
    then group discussion like a role-play scenario
    they ask you random question that deals with clients' problems or sales?
    like client asking for compensation or sell a stereo system to a deaf person.... etc

Interview Questions
    • How do you sell a stereo system to a deaf person?   Answer Question
    • what would you do if a client come back and ask for compensation after eating the dinner in your hotel   Answer Question

Analytics Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

They are creative in doing interviews. We are told to do a role-play on a customer service case where one of their staff pretended to be a difficult customer. When it came to the group interview part, the HR people and the staff try to sit and listen, but not interrupt the role-play. It is very interesting in fact.

Interview Questions
    • a customer is dining in five star hotel. she thinked she is eating stale crab. therefore, she asked for 10 year dinner coupon for compensation.   Answer Question

Analytics Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

First phone interview. HR asked me why I'm interested in the position in English. Then just briefly introducing myself to her in Mandarin. After that she arranged me to meet her in person in a few days. The conversation didn't last long at all, may be less than 15 minutes. The Hr person was very nice. I was kind of nervous because I needed to go through all this during working time at the office.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!