Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly simple interview, HR Rep was very knowledgeable about the position and answered any questions I had. Was told I would hear back if I was being considered for a second interview. Received e-mail stating I was considered for a second interview. The second interview was oddly almost identical to the first with a few variations. Mostly about organizational fit, work experience, accomplishments. Nothing too technical.

Interview Question – Tell us about a leadership role you took on and how it affects your outlook on the workplace?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2010.

Interview Details – I sent my resume through their webpage, after a few days (Less than a week) I got an email to set up a phone interview. This was really basic, about why did I choose bloomberg, the description of the position, and a light introduction about myself.

About a week later, they sent me another e-mail for a in-house interview with a sales manager and an analyticis represenentative, this was more in depth about my resume and personality (biggest achievement, what do i have to offer, etc.)

Interview Question – My biggest achievement   Answer Question

Analytics Representative

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – online application, phone interview, on-site interview
major questions were: why bloomberg, why this position, why finance industry?
interviewers want to hear a very clear answer about your motivation.
the interviewers are not really friendly when asking you questions, which made me feel uncomfortable to answer

Interview Question – the questions were simple and typical, but they dig deeper with why why whys.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2011.

Interview Details – Basic hiring as with any other company. Key focus is on why you want to work for this company and what you know about us.

Interview Question – Sell me our product   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No scope for negotiation

Analytics Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

Interview Details – general questions like describing yourself
and also asked current issues

Tokyo (Japan)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 2:1 interview with team leaders, 2:1 interview with managers, 1:1 interview with Analytics Asia-Pacific Manager. Fantastic office and approachable people (less so during interview, obviously).

Advice: prepare a speech (not a response, but a speech) for the question, "Why Bloomberg?" - network and talk to people with different levels of experience to get a good feel of what your career might be like.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Currently in negotiation (pre-acceptance)

Analytics Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2009.

Interview Details – -Why did yo uapply for our company?
_When can you start working?

Interview Question – -How do you deal with costomers complains?   Answer Question

Analytic Representative Interview

Analytic Representative

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2010.

Interview Details – a short 30 sec self intro
then group discussion like a role-play scenario
they ask you random question that deals with clients' problems or sales?
like client asking for compensation or sell a stereo system to a deaf person.... etc

Interview Questions

• How do you sell a stereo system to a deaf person?   Answer Question
  • what would you do if a client come back and ask for compensation after eating the dinner in your hotel   Answer Question

Analytics Representative

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

Interview Details – They are creative in doing interviews. We are told to do a role-play on a customer service case where one of their staff pretended to be a difficult customer. When it came to the group interview part, the HR people and the staff try to sit and listen, but not interrupt the role-play. It is very interesting in fact.

Interview Question – a customer is dining in five star hotel. she thinked she is eating stale crab. therefore, she asked for 10 year dinner coupon for compensation.   Answer Question

Analytics Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

Interview Details – First phone interview. HR asked me why I'm interested in the position in English. Then just briefly introducing myself to her in Mandarin. After that she arranged me to meet her in person in a few days. The conversation didn't last long at all, may be less than 15 minutes. The Hr person was very nice. I was kind of nervous because I needed to go through all this during working time at the office.

Interview Question – Why this position?   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!