Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in Brazil

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I had 2 interviews with 5 different people in 3 different languages. BTW, I speak them all fluent and I am a 8-year-experience pro. They don't feedback the candidates, just a thank you and not more, you send them emails but they ignore you. I don't recommend for those who already have a reasonable background at the market but for those who want to start a career, are completely lost about what they should or not do, teachers who want to enter real economy etc etc... If you are any good, I don't encourage you to spend money and time on their interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions like "Can you work under pressure", "Would you feel underestimate answering technical questions"   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

Interview

Initially I was contacted quickly, the interview was set up in just a few days and I was tested in the sense of knowing several languages as required, and also in the sense of being ready for the position. All seemed good after the interview however I never received any feedback, not even negative feedback.

Interview Questions

• One thing that was asked is how I would support an user who did not speak any languages in common with me.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The HR called with some screening questions. After that, we scheduled a meeting with two representatives from the two different areas. After a week, we scheduled an interview with the manager in US by video conference. The questions were more related to my past experience and how i would perform the duties.

Client Services and Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through an employee referall. One week later got an email from HR scheduling an initial phone interview 5 days later. Talked to a very friendly recruiter over the phone who asked every little detail of my CV on the phone. After 25 minutes she asked if I could go to the local Bloomberg´s office. I went there one week later and talked to two senior managers for Sales and Analytics, both very open and friendly although a bit serious. They wanted to know why I could do well in sales, why I didnt pursue a career in invt banking (I used to work for Goldman) and they asked some situational questions for example who I would prioritize when facing too many customers at a time on a crisis day. After that shadowed an employee who explained how his daily job was. That same day in the vening go

Interview Questions

• The case was about a typical day at Bloomberg where you face too many customers and how to decide which one to answer first. Also was asked what a sharp ratio was. They want to see you want to work there, they do not mind if you are not a Wall Street genius.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the offer was quite above what I had expected.

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in October 2014.

Interview

3 interviews: 1st with analysts which ask you a Excel test, a logic test, and part in English 2nd with a manager that asks about you, life, college, where worked and skills, and few Economics stats too. 3rd with US manager that asks about you and CV issues. OBS: excel test is not hard, but you have to know specific text formulas and dummy formulas as VLOOKUP, RIGHT, LEFT, ROUND, SUMIF, etc

Interview Questions

• BOVESPA Index; Inflation rate; Interest tax rate, prices, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, a few days later was invited to an in-person interview at their office in São Paulo. The interview was entirely in Portuguese since I am a native English speaker. It was with two guys who were nice and easy to get along with. After than I got an invitation to the final interview, which a Skype interview with the head of Analytics for the Americas. She is based in New York. The interview lasted an hour. She was not as nice as the Brazilian guys, but it wasn't that bad. She told me that I would have an answer in the next 1-2 weeks. Now here comes the bad part. It took them 9 weeks to get back to me with an answer, and when they did it was just a standard "no reply" email saying that I wasn't going to be offered the position. 9 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 other companies whose company cultures you admire and why?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, in English to check your interest in Bloomberg your languages skills also your market know-how. Manager and Sales Representative interview, like any other job interview. Then final interview with the Global Head of Analytics in NYC via Web Conference or in NYC in person.

Interview Questions

• The market being slow as it is, and sell side cutting costs. How would you sell a product like a Bloomberg terminal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy