Bloomberg L.P.

3.1

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

3 interviews:
    1st with analysts which ask you a Excel test, a logic test, and part in English
    2nd with a manager that asks about you, life, college, where worked and skills, and few Economics stats too.
    3rd with US manager that asks about you and CV issues.

OBS: excel test is not hard, but you have to know specific text formulas and dummy formulas as VLOOKUP, RIGHT, LEFT, ROUND, SUMIF, etc

Interview Questions
    • BOVESPA Index; Inflation rate; Interest tax rate, prices, etc   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2013.

Phone interview, a few days later was invited to an in-person interview at their office in São Paulo. The interview was entirely in Portuguese since I am a native English speaker. It was with two guys who were nice and easy to get along with. After than I got an invitation to the final interview, which a Skype interview with the head of Analytics for the Americas. She is based in New York. The interview lasted an hour. She was not as nice as the Brazilian guys, but it wasn't that bad. She told me that I would have an answer in the next 1-2 weeks.

Now here comes the bad part. It took them 9 weeks to get back to me with an answer, and when they did it was just a standard "no reply" email saying that I wasn't going to be offered the position. 9 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 other companies whose company cultures you admire and why?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2012.

Phone interview, in English to check your interest in Bloomberg your languages skills also your market know-how. Manager and Sales Representative interview, like any other job interview. Then final interview with the Global Head of Analytics in NYC via Web Conference or in NYC in person.

Interview Questions
    • The market being slow as it is, and sell side cutting costs. How would you sell a product like a Bloomberg terminal?   View Answer
    easy