Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Feb 4, 2014

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Business Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Interview Details – interview on phone is hr interview, basically asking about your interest and why bloomberg is your choice.

Interview Question – how many people do you think you are competing with?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2011.

Interview Details – Asked me Why Bloomberg?
Why this role?
What challenges I faced
What dillemma I faced

Interview Question – Why this company   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had an interview set up via email on my university's campus. The interview was mostly based on whether or not you have the aptitude and desire to complete the work. She told me that pretty much all you will be doing for 8 hours a day for the first year or so is answering customers questions about the terminal. All this is done via instant messaging, aka very boring.

Interview Question – Why and how does the Bloomberg terminal hold such a large market share?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with recruiter out of San Francisco. Very basic interview in terms of walk me through your resume. However, this recruiter couldn't answer a single one of my questions about the company! In addition, she was extremely awkward offering absolutely no comments, even as slight as a "yes" or "okay" as I walked through my resume.

Interview Question – No technical questions just basic walk me through your resume and generic "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2011.

Interview Details – Bloomberg came to campus and did a 1 to 1 interview. We went over my resume and some basic questions about why I wanted to work for bloomberg in new jersey.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at bloomberg?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

Interview Details – They called me for Business Analyst position which wasnt what I was interested in.

Interview Question – What roles are you looking for ?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.