Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
56 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Skillman, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Interview Details – Really in depth interview process. What to know why you want to work there and what you can offer. Looking for creative minds. Interviewers are experienced and know the right questions to ask.

Interview Question – Most difficult day you ever had?   Answer Question

Data Analyst

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – 2 round phone interview

Interview Question – n.a, all typical behavior questions   Answer Question

Princeton, NJ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very selective, hard to get in, never can go back.

Interview Question – Straight forward. Depends on managers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got what I asked for.

Data Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a phone interview after two days. The HR called me one day before the interview day. The interview was all about behavioral questions. It was about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – What do you expect or predict will happen in the financial markets in the near future?   Answer Question

Skillman, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2013.

Interview Details – The first round was a 30-min phone interview with HR people, which is really nice and pleasant. Easy questions. The second round was a 30-min phone interview with the manager from the team you're applying for, which is tougher. A few challenging behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Question – What item will you most likely to remove from your resume?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Data Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very basic questions. Why Bloomberg, why this position, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Princeton, NJ

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – I applied on the school career website and its an on campus interview first. All behavoir questions and talk about my experience. No questions about the market or finance.

Interview Question – just all behvaoir   Answer Question

Skillman, NJ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2008.

Interview Details – Had phone interview as initial screening and was asked to go into office for in person interview. The interview in the office started with 2 Team Leaders, then interviewed with Product Manager, and finally interviewed with Department Manager. Questions varied widely in each interview and (as I later when through Bloomberg's interview training classes) are based solely on each individual's preferred questions as there are no "standard" questions. Most Bloomberg managers already believe that the interviewing candidate has the basic qualifications for the job, they are simply looking to assess your personality, potential, and ability to fit into Bloomberg's fast paced culture.

Interview Questions

• If your job was to oversee a vending machine, what steps would you take to ensure proper inventory, quality, and sales?   View Answer
  • Why do you want to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate salary/bonus, vacation time, etc. The only request I made was that Bloomberg help to finance my relocation expenses, which they did not do. If the position is more senior, the interviewing candidate would have more negotiating power, but Bloomberg has set salary/bonus and vacation time benefits for entry-level positions.

Skillman, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied and received schedualing from HR. Had group interview 2 on 1. Alll in all a pleasant process.

Interview Question – Any knowledge of company?   View Answer

Skillman, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied Online, heard back a couple months later. Received an initial call to see if I was the right person and if i was interested in the position. WOULD HAVE TAKEN SKILLS TEST but couldn't make it on testing day because of finals. Went to the office for a 3:1 interview. Interviewers were very candid asked a lot of questions. This was followed by another 1:1 interview. They analyze every part of your resume so know it and be able to elaborate on it. Whole process took about an hour. The building is nice, high security, a lot of people moving around.

Interview Questions

• WHat do you see yourself doing in 5 years.   Answer Question
  • What would your former employees say are your greatest strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question
  • Name a time you went beyond the normal scope of your job to improve or change some aspect of your project or work environment.   Answer Question
  • why do you want this position / why bloomberg / what do you know about the position and bloomberg.   Answer Question
  • name the internship you learned the most from and what you got out of it   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!