Bloomberg L.P. Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

2.9

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

2 round phone interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview after two days. The HR called me one day before the interview day. The interview was all about behavioral questions. It was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect or predict will happen in the financial markets in the near future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

The first round was a 30-min phone interview with HR people, which is really nice and pleasant. Easy questions. The second round was a 30-min phone interview with the manager from the team you're applying for, which is tougher. A few challenging behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• What item will you most likely to remove from your resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

Really in depth interview process. What to know why you want to work there and what you can offer. Looking for creative minds. Interviewers are experienced and know the right questions to ask.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Interview

Very basic questions. Why Bloomberg, why this position, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I applied on the school career website and its an on campus interview first. All behavoir questions and talk about my experience. No questions about the market or finance.

Anonymous Employee in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied and received schedualing from HR. Had group interview 2 on 1. Alll in all a pleasant process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied Online, heard back a couple months later. Received an initial call to see if I was the right person and if i was interested in the position. WOULD HAVE TAKEN SKILLS TEST but couldn't make it on testing day because of finals. Went to the office for a 3:1 interview. Interviewers were very candid asked a lot of questions. This was followed by another 1:1 interview. They analyze every part of your resume so know it and be able to elaborate on it. Whole process took about an hour. The building is nice, high security, a lot of people moving around.

Interview Questions

• WHat do you see yourself doing in 5 years.   Answer Question
    • What would your former employees say are your greatest strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went beyond the normal scope of your job to improve or change some aspect of your project or work environment.   Answer Question
    • why do you want this position / why bloomberg / what do you know about the position and bloomberg.   Answer Question
    • name the internship you learned the most from and what you got out of it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

The company building is very modern and sophisticated. Very nice greeters, but the interviewers may make you a bit uncomfortable. Be prepared to talk about your past experiences, current market, and knowledge/understanding of the position.

Anonymous Employee in Skillman, NJ

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

They had 1st round phone interview to do the screening about your backgound and to make sure you are the person they want to bring into 2nd round interview. I was invited to 2nd round and was told they would be 2 interviews for one hour each. (2 persons for each interviews) Those 2 persons on the first gounp were basically trying to introduce Bloomberg terminal and to discuss your interest/background. It took 50 minutes. Then I was expecting for the 2nd group of interview. However, one person came back to tell me the persons of the 2nd group just "happened to" be in the meeting. Then they would like me to go back to re-schedule next interview for 2nd group. HOWEVER, NEVER contact me any more. I tried to call the first HR. NO response. I was lucky to remember one of the interviewers full name. I called Bloomberg operator to ask for this person. I got his voicemail and email. I tried to be polite to confirm the timing of interview (which should have been on the 2nd hour of original interview) by leaving voicemail and sending and email. UNFORTUNATELY, the response was SUCK. He said "SORRY FOR THE MISUNDERSTANDING, HR is currently reviewing my resume and will contact me if they want to move further) This was absurb!! If they don't like me, they can just tell me there is no 2nd group. Why lied to me that they were in the meeting and would contact me to reschedule? Insulting experience!!! One month later, got an email from HR saying they regret they would not extend an offer.......... Very insulting interview experience....