Bloomberg L.P. Data Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2010.

The company building is very modern and sophisticated. Very nice greeters, but the interviewers may make you a bit uncomfortable. Be prepared to talk about your past experiences, current market, and knowledge/understanding of the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

HR called to schedule an interview. The first round is with the team leader and the senior colleague in the team. The second round is for the department manager and a member of the team. The third round is with the APAC manager.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate my first job's salary. After joining, it is also a taboo not to ask for a pay raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2012.

The interview went well. Questions were mainly typical, i.e. why Bloomberg, why this position etc. Also question about your CV, about how Bloomberg operates, how would you benefit to the company. Requires for applicant to know the information about the company and operations. Phone interview took about 15-20 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

1st interview with team leader
    2nd interview with local country manager
    Final interview with regional manager

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current company?   View Answer
    Know some one in the company and be informed what is the max the company can pay you for your level of experience/job requirement
    Support you asking pay with stats & a calculation process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Intereview process comprised of 3 stages - 30 minute phone interview, 1 hour interview with 2 people from HR, 1 hour interview with head of team and the Global head of sales. As long as you show a passion for the Financial services industry and portray you are motivated and passionate, you should do well

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you would find most boring about your day to day routine here   Answer Question

I had another job offer that I felt was better

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2011.

If you apply to Bloomberg, be prepared that they might call you and ask if you are free to talk. After you say yes, thinking it's going be a short talk, they start asking you interview questions out of nowhere. And you have to be prepared to remember exactly the description of the position you have applied for. After I passed the phone interview, they invited me and the other group of candidates to their offices. Starting with company info, presentations and so on, trying to create joyful, cool atmosphere. However when the actual interview starts, two people from the department you applied to, stare at you with stone-cold faces with no emotions asking quite challenging questions. The hardest part for me was when out of nowhere, from the corner there was a bird-like screaming sound. Apparently to test your concentration and if you are easily destructed. (Obviously i was destructed by this nonsense!!! I looked at the people with the question on my face: wtf? but they made an impression like nothing happened). Ok, moving on... after the interview followed a tour through their offices and an "exam", where they asked various questions, not hard but tricky, for example, whats the current Bloomberg share price (its not quoted) so prepare the history behind the company.

Interview Questions
    • How do you act/Explain to client if you made an error in the data you have provided?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2011.

Simple Phone Interview, then interview with two team members. Very tough interviewers who asked a number of probing questions ranging from previous work experience and education - I was a recent graduate. I waited a week or so and was told that I passed the interview and there was a second face-to-face interview. Again, interviewers (two) were very tough and seemed to care about the Bloomberg values and how one needs to be capable of working autonomously. However, I felt like they were playing the good cop bad cop roles. After that interview I was told I would expect a response within a few days. This never came. I had to chase up, which I thought was very bad form seeing as I had a phone interview, attended two interviews and this was the final round. They should have at least had the courtesy to let me know. Very disappointing, especially since I was requesting more time from another job offer. I finally got a response from an automated message that said I shouldn't respond back to. A good experience prior to letting me know whether I got the job, but the failure to inform me and also email I received left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions
    • The questions required in-depth responses and asked questions on financial news and current affairs. As I mentioned I read the Economist asked a question regarding that week's edition.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Really in depth interview process. What to know why you want to work there and what you can offer. Looking for creative minds. Interviewers are experienced and know the right questions to ask.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

The london based team needs to take a course on arrogance, very unprofessional.
    I expected a much more professional approach, which was not delivered. I expected a much more professional approach, which was not delivered.

Interview Questions
    • typical behavoiral questions, no technical ones whatsoever   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Applied online. Got called in for an interview about 2 weeks later. Was given a short tour of the company. Interviewed by two people from the team, one the managing director of the team. Basic questions like why bloomberg, what do you aspire to be. Fairly straightforward interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your boss asks you to work overtime but your peers get to go home early.   Answer Question