Bloomberg L.P. Data Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Skillman, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Really in depth interview process. What to know why you want to work there and what you can offer. Looking for creative minds. Interviewers are experienced and know the right questions to ask.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

The london based team needs to take a course on arrogance, very unprofessional.
    I expected a much more professional approach, which was not delivered. I expected a much more professional approach, which was not delivered.

Interview Questions
    • typical behavoiral questions, no technical ones whatsoever   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

I've applied on tuesday, and got an email on friday to set a phone interview that has been held 3 days after, on the next monday. Phone interview of 25 minutes, they asked me classic stuffs i.e. why bloomberg, why data analysis, your expectations about this role, past experiences

Data Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Phone interview stage. Very friendly and professional. Mostly general, soft skills questions. Why do you want to change job? Why Bloomberg? Long-term goals?

Data Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Online application followed by a 20 minute phone interview and a face to face meeting ( if based in London ) or video conference.
    Phone interview was very generic/basic
    • CV Walkthrough
    • Why Bloomberg?
    • What do you know about the company?
    • What do you know about the role?
    • What’s the difference between good and great customer service?
    • How do you keep up to date with financial news?

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Applied for an analyst position and received an unscheduled phone call the next week asking if I had some time to discuss my application, which I didn't so rescheduled for the next Monday morning.
    This 'phone interview' was pretty easy going and only lasted 15 minutes with basic questions being asked like:
    (1) Why Bloomberg?
    (2) Why this role?
    Seemed to really just want to hear that I had a good understanding of the company. Easy going conversation with a friendly voice on the other end.

A few days later I was invited to interview - this was carried out by video conference in one of their local offices as I was not based in London.
    Interviewed by two young, friendly people. Questions were slightly more varied, but again they really just wanted to hear that I was passionate about my chosen area, that I understood Bloomberg well and was eager to work for them over any investment bank, that I understood the role and that I had experience working with data sets before - a few more questions here but nothing overly complicated.

If you can convey that you're well motivated and passionate about the area I think interviewees will tend to do well in any interview.

Invited to second round interview which was also carried out via video conference, and then finally invited to an in-house interview for the final round - again the majority of the questions were similar to those already mentioned.

Experience was very good throughout to be honest, all my interviewers were very friendly - read up what others have said on Glassdoor and you won't be caught out.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation took place.

On site interview

Interview Questions
    • What is the influence of Shanghai Free Trade Zone to Hong Kong   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Applied online. Got called in for an interview about 2 weeks later. Was given a short tour of the company. Interviewed by two people from the team, one the managing director of the team. Basic questions like why bloomberg, what do you aspire to be. Fairly straightforward interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your boss asks you to work overtime but your peers get to go home early.   Answer Question

2 round phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2010.

Very selective, hard to get in, never can go back.

Got what I asked for.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!