Bloomberg L.P. Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2014

2.8

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Online application followed by a 20 minute phone interview and a face to face meeting ( if based in London ) or video conference.
Phone interview was very generic/basic
• CV Walkthrough
• Why Bloomberg?
• What do you know about the company?
• What do you know about the role?
• What’s the difference between good and great customer service?
• How do you keep up to date with financial news?

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

On site interview

Interview Questions
    • What is the influence of Shanghai Free Trade Zone to Hong Kong   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Applied for an analyst position and received an unscheduled phone call the next week asking if I had some time to discuss my application, which I didn't so rescheduled for the next Monday morning.
    This 'phone interview' was pretty easy going and only lasted 15 minutes with basic questions being asked like:
    (1) Why Bloomberg?
    (2) Why this role?
    Seemed to really just want to hear that I had a good understanding of the company. Easy going conversation with a friendly voice on the other end.

A few days later I was invited to interview - this was carried out by video conference in one of their local offices as I was not based in London.
    Interviewed by two young, friendly people. Questions were slightly more varied, but again they really just wanted to hear that I was passionate about my chosen area, that I understood Bloomberg well and was eager to work for them over any investment bank, that I understood the role and that I had experience working with data sets before - a few more questions here but nothing overly complicated.

If you can convey that you're well motivated and passionate about the area I think interviewees will tend to do well in any interview.

Invited to second round interview which was also carried out via video conference, and then finally invited to an in-house interview for the final round - again the majority of the questions were similar to those already mentioned.

Experience was very good throughout to be honest, all my interviewers were very friendly - read up what others have said on Glassdoor and you won't be caught out.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation took place.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Applied online. Got called in for an interview about 2 weeks later. Was given a short tour of the company. Interviewed by two people from the team, one the managing director of the team. Basic questions like why bloomberg, what do you aspire to be. Fairly straightforward interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your boss asks you to work overtime but your peers get to go home early.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2013.

The position I applied was a temporary position, therefore two round of interview in total.

The first one was a phone interview with HR manager. She called me someday randomly and talked with me around half an hour in total. Just go through my resume once.

The second one was in Bloomberg office, with the team manager. Resume stuffs and some questions about your personality. Also told me more about the job details.

Nice conversation but end up with no offer.

Interview Questions
    • Biggest achievement, hardest decision you have ever made   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

First question they will ask is, tell me more about yourself. Questions asked were how do you feel you can contribute to the company, how do you feel about your previous job, what are your career objectives.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Call from HR in Singapore. Arranged a phone interview for a week later. Heard back a week later for a video conf interview for the following week. Heard back a week later saying application wasn't successful.

Interview Questions
    • General interview questions . Why Bloomberg? Why this role.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

A quick phone interview followed very quickly to an onsite interview. Pretty laid back and just asked normal questions. Interviewed with one team leader and one manager.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different from the other candidates we're interviewing and why should we pick you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

1st interview with team leader
    2nd interview with local country manager
    Final interview with regional manager

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current company?   View Answer
    Know some one in the company and be informed what is the max the company can pay you for your level of experience/job requirement
    Support you asking pay with stats & a calculation process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

HR called to schedule an interview. The first round is with the team leader and the senior colleague in the team. The second round is for the department manager and a member of the team. The third round is with the APAC manager.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate my first job's salary. After joining, it is also a taboo not to ask for a pay raise.