Bloomberg L.P. Data Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

56 interviews

2.8

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Applied for an analyst position and received an unscheduled phone call the next week asking if I had some time to discuss my application, which I didn't so rescheduled for the next Monday morning.
This 'phone interview' was pretty easy going and only lasted 15 minutes with basic questions being asked like:
(1) Why Bloomberg?
(2) Why this role?
Seemed to really just want to hear that I had a good understanding of the company. Easy going conversation with a friendly voice on the other end.

A few days later I was invited to interview - this was carried out by video conference in one of their local offices as I was not based in London.
Interviewed by two young, friendly people. Questions were slightly more varied, but again they really just wanted to hear that I was passionate about my chosen area, that I understood Bloomberg well and was eager to work for them over any investment bank, that I understood the role and that I had experience working with data sets before - a few more questions here but nothing overly complicated.

If you can convey that you're well motivated and passionate about the area I think interviewees will tend to do well in any interview.

Invited to second round interview which was also carried out via video conference, and then finally invited to an in-house interview for the final round - again the majority of the questions were similar to those already mentioned.

Experience was very good throughout to be honest, all my interviewers were very friendly - read up what others have said on Glassdoor and you won't be caught out.

Interview Questions
No negotiation took place.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

On site interview

Interview Questions
    • What is the influence of Shanghai Free Trade Zone to Hong Kong   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Applied online. Got called in for an interview about 2 weeks later. Was given a short tour of the company. Interviewed by two people from the team, one the managing director of the team. Basic questions like why bloomberg, what do you aspire to be. Fairly straightforward interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your boss asks you to work overtime but your peers get to go home early.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2013.

The position I applied was a temporary position, therefore two round of interview in total.

The first one was a phone interview with HR manager. She called me someday randomly and talked with me around half an hour in total. Just go through my resume once.

The second one was in Bloomberg office, with the team manager. Resume stuffs and some questions about your personality. Also told me more about the job details.

Nice conversation but end up with no offer.

Interview Questions
    • Biggest achievement, hardest decision you have ever made   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2011.

Simple Phone Interview, then interview with two team members. Very tough interviewers who asked a number of probing questions ranging from previous work experience and education - I was a recent graduate. I waited a week or so and was told that I passed the interview and there was a second face-to-face interview. Again, interviewers (two) were very tough and seemed to care about the Bloomberg values and how one needs to be capable of working autonomously. However, I felt like they were playing the good cop bad cop roles. After that interview I was told I would expect a response within a few days. This never came. I had to chase up, which I thought was very bad form seeing as I had a phone interview, attended two interviews and this was the final round. They should have at least had the courtesy to let me know. Very disappointing, especially since I was requesting more time from another job offer. I finally got a response from an automated message that said I shouldn't respond back to. A good experience prior to letting me know whether I got the job, but the failure to inform me and also email I received left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions
    • The questions required in-depth responses and asked questions on financial news and current affairs. As I mentioned I read the Economist asked a question regarding that week's edition.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

First question they will ask is, tell me more about yourself. Questions asked were how do you feel you can contribute to the company, how do you feel about your previous job, what are your career objectives.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

Just motivational questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate yourself working with large data sets!?!   View Answer
    no, salary negotiation.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Call from HR in Singapore. Arranged a phone interview for a week later. Heard back a week later for a video conf interview for the following week. Heard back a week later saying application wasn't successful.

Interview Questions
    • General interview questions . Why Bloomberg? Why this role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2011.

If you apply to Bloomberg, be prepared that they might call you and ask if you are free to talk. After you say yes, thinking it's going be a short talk, they start asking you interview questions out of nowhere. And you have to be prepared to remember exactly the description of the position you have applied for. After I passed the phone interview, they invited me and the other group of candidates to their offices. Starting with company info, presentations and so on, trying to create joyful, cool atmosphere. However when the actual interview starts, two people from the department you applied to, stare at you with stone-cold faces with no emotions asking quite challenging questions. The hardest part for me was when out of nowhere, from the corner there was a bird-like screaming sound. Apparently to test your concentration and if you are easily destructed. (Obviously i was destructed by this nonsense!!! I looked at the people with the question on my face: wtf? but they made an impression like nothing happened). Ok, moving on... after the interview followed a tour through their offices and an "exam", where they asked various questions, not hard but tricky, for example, whats the current Bloomberg share price (its not quoted) so prepare the history behind the company.

Interview Questions
    • How do you act/Explain to client if you made an error in the data you have provided?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Intereview process comprised of 3 stages - 30 minute phone interview, 1 hour interview with 2 people from HR, 1 hour interview with head of team and the Global head of sales. As long as you show a passion for the Financial services industry and portray you are motivated and passionate, you should do well

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you would find most boring about your day to day routine here   Answer Question

I had another job offer that I felt was better