Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Interview Details Online application followed by a 20 minute phone interview and a face to face meeting ( if based in London ) or video conference.
Phone interview was very generic/basic
• CV Walkthrough
• Why Bloomberg?
• What do you know about the company?
• What do you know about the role?
• What’s the difference between good and great customer service?
• How do you keep up to date with financial news?

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for an analyst position and received an unscheduled phone call the next week asking if I had some time to discuss my application, which I didn't so rescheduled for the next Monday morning.
This 'phone interview' was pretty easy going and only lasted 15 minutes with basic questions being asked like:
(1) Why Bloomberg?
(2) Why this role?
Seemed to really just want to hear that I had a good understanding of the company. Easy going conversation with a friendly voice on the other end.

A few days later I was invited to interview - this was carried out by video conference in one of their local offices as I was not based in London.
Interviewed by two young, friendly people. Questions were slightly more varied, but again they really just wanted to hear that I was passionate about my chosen area, that I understood Bloomberg well and was eager to work for them over any investment bank, that I understood the role and that I had experience working with data sets before - a few more questions here but nothing overly complicated.

If you can convey that you're well motivated and passionate about the area I think interviewees will tend to do well in any interview.

Invited to second round interview which was also carried out via video conference, and then finally invited to an in-house interview for the final round - again the majority of the questions were similar to those already mentioned.

Experience was very good throughout to be honest, all my interviewers were very friendly - read up what others have said on Glassdoor and you won't be caught out.

Interview Question – Why Bloomberg? Prepare this well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2011.

Interview Details – Simple Phone Interview, then interview with two team members. Very tough interviewers who asked a number of probing questions ranging from previous work experience and education - I was a recent graduate. I waited a week or so and was told that I passed the interview and there was a second face-to-face interview. Again, interviewers (two) were very tough and seemed to care about the Bloomberg values and how one needs to be capable of working autonomously. However, I felt like they were playing the good cop bad cop roles. After that interview I was told I would expect a response within a few days. This never came. I had to chase up, which I thought was very bad form seeing as I had a phone interview, attended two interviews and this was the final round. They should have at least had the courtesy to let me know. Very disappointing, especially since I was requesting more time from another job offer. I finally got a response from an automated message that said I shouldn't respond back to. A good experience prior to letting me know whether I got the job, but the failure to inform me and also email I received left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Question – The questions required in-depth responses and asked questions on financial news and current affairs. As I mentioned I read the Economist asked a question regarding that week's edition.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

Interview Details – Just motivational questions.

Interview Question – How do you motivate yourself working with large data sets!?!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no, salary negotiation.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2011.

Interview Details – If you apply to Bloomberg, be prepared that they might call you and ask if you are free to talk. After you say yes, thinking it's going be a short talk, they start asking you interview questions out of nowhere. And you have to be prepared to remember exactly the description of the position you have applied for. After I passed the phone interview, they invited me and the other group of candidates to their offices. Starting with company info, presentations and so on, trying to create joyful, cool atmosphere. However when the actual interview starts, two people from the department you applied to, stare at you with stone-cold faces with no emotions asking quite challenging questions. The hardest part for me was when out of nowhere, from the corner there was a bird-like screaming sound. Apparently to test your concentration and if you are easily destructed. (Obviously i was destructed by this nonsense!!! I looked at the people with the question on my face: wtf? but they made an impression like nothing happened). Ok, moving on... after the interview followed a tour through their offices and an "exam", where they asked various questions, not hard but tricky, for example, whats the current Bloomberg share price (its not quoted) so prepare the history behind the company.

Interview Question – How do you act/Explain to client if you made an error in the data you have provided?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Interview Details – Intereview process comprised of 3 stages - 30 minute phone interview, 1 hour interview with 2 people from HR, 1 hour interview with head of team and the Global head of sales. As long as you show a passion for the Financial services industry and portray you are motivated and passionate, you should do well

Interview Question – What do you think you would find most boring about your day to day routine here   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another job offer that I felt was better

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2012.

Interview Details – 1) Applied online and in my case received a call back after 3-4 days. It was a easy 15-20 minutes phone interview where I got asked questions such as:
Why Bloomberg? Why this department? Why this position?

2) 1st interview with Team Leader and Product Manager over video conference as I was not based in London at the moment. Similar as 1st interview but more in depth.

3) 2nd interview which was final one was in London with Head of Global Data. Similar as first two interviews.

Interview Question – No really difficult questions. However, they ask a lot about "Why Bloomberg" and that is very important for them. They really really want to see that you would like to work for the company and that you will not leave for banking or so.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Entry level job had standard offer.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2012.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews with common questions "What do you know about BB?", "Why you're interested in this job?", "Why do you think you're suitable for this job?" with reviewing the CV. 20-30 min long. 1 hour in-site interview with almost the same questions. Be prepared for explaining why you are suitable for the role, why BB is so special overall and for you and check the latest news on their website to discuss about.

Interview Question – What do you know about Global Data Unit?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview went well. Questions were mainly typical, i.e. why Bloomberg, why this position etc. Also question about your CV, about how Bloomberg operates, how would you benefit to the company. Requires for applicant to know the information about the company and operations. Phone interview took about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Question – How would your performance help the team?   View Answers (2)

Data Analyst
City of London, England (UK)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

Interview Details – Natural. To be successful have to know he company business and understand that it is not an investment or advisory firm - Bloomberg is a provider of financial services - in my case it was data. So you have to show that you are passionate about research technology and data entry.

Interview Question – How does the technology help Bloomberg develop their business   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!