Bloomberg L.P.

Employer Engaged

Bloomberg L.P. Editor Interview Questions

3.5

Editor Interview

As always, done in a very good and confortable setting.

Interview Questions
Take it. It's as good as it gets.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Editor Interview

HR interviewed me. seemed very mechanical.

i needed a job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Exciting atmosphere in building; but not a lot of laughter or fun. The most amazing former colleagues seem undervalued in this place, especially women.

Interview Questions
    • How often did I use a Bloomberg in my current job. Not sure why that mattered.   View Answer
    Came because I was between jobs, pay is fine. Not sure how long I'll stay. Very little diversity at top. Not a company that understands its real strengths are its people, not its technology. Could be a world leader in other areas if it gave the right people free rein and dared to invest in the right areas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

The HR people were completely unprepared for the offer discussion and promised benefits that ultimately were not part of the employee package. The hiring and position manager knew very little about the job (she was new to her role). Complete dissonance from outside reputation of company.

Interview Questions
    • Why aren't you staying at home with your children?   View Answer
    HR were quite unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2011.

Communication from all employees at Bloomberg was quick and professional. The responsiveness was above average, being both clear and concise. Meetings were held on time, and I was not kept waiting long at all to meet either hiring manager. The staff of the building was both friendly and helpful, and I felt very welcomed and comfortable throughout the process.

Editor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Many weeks after applying online I received a phone call from their Singapore HR inviting me for a news test. I accepted, however when I showed up at the building - the entire building was shut for the holidays. I called the number they gave me but no answer, and the building concierge told me Bloomberg is not there. I immediately wrote to HR (because they don't provide phone numbers), who told me that Bloomberg is open but now it's too late (even though it was about 10 minutes after my interview time) and we had to reschedule. The rescheduled test was about a week later and was fine.

Three weeks after I got called in for an interview. I arrived on time but my interviewer was 15 minutes late. They were then setting up the video conference to include a colleague in Japan. It took them 20 minutes to figure this out, and the guy in Japan was not aware there was an interview. When he finally came to the phone 10-15 minutes later he was flustered, unsure of the role, any of my experience and kept apologising for not knowing anything while he rattled off a bunch of questions about 'What is Bloomberg?" (rephrased in different ways 6 or 7 times)

Another 4 weeks later I received an offer of employment but first I wanted to verify some extra aspects of the role. However any attempt to contact HR in Singapore (only possible by email) was greeted with a form response or an 'I cannot advise' response, and the interviewers in Bloomberg were uncontactable, never returned phone calls or emails and had few answers when I finally got hold of them.

It's always hard to gauge what your work life will be like from on site interviews but past experience has taught me that shady recruitment process = bad day-to-day work life. Despite really admiring Bloomberg, I plan to stay in my next role for many years and wasn't going to put up with sloppiness. Maybe things are better in other global offices or it was just bad timing, but I have to go with what I experienced. I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

Very unimpressed with ther recruitment process, rude and unhelpful HR in Singapore and extremely unprofessional interviewers. Very poor impression overall..