Bloomberg L.P.

Bloomberg L.P. Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2010.

After screen test was invited for an interview. Really impressive building, very fancy environment, 1 tour of questions was easy, it's the 2 where i screwed up. They asked me some questions related to TCP Ip protocol, I can't even remember what exact quetions were but I coudn't answer. I didn't expect much from that interview. In a week of time I got a phone call from them that I am not a person they were lookign for...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Engineering Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

30 C++ questions, including concept questions and program (u need to give out the program outcome), each question is limited with 3 minutes. I heard about the candidates must produce out at leat 3/4 propertion so they can get the next step interview. Then they will send you a email about the phone interview, u need to tell them the appropriate time to accept it. now I am in this step, so that is all I can tell. ha ha, good luck for everybody. and good luck for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2009.

Initial communication was invitation to take online reasoning test. After passing that, the recruiter set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with several engineers on a conference call. The questions started out with background then moved to technical. They finished the 45 minute call with several difficult brain teasers.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2008.

Got a phone interview. Waited for the hiring manager to come back from a business trip. Brought in on Friday and met five people. Got offer next Monday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2007.

Questions on C pointers, data structures, algorithms, Java, university final year project, a few maths puzzles. Was made to feel quite uncomfortable, I guess to handle how I coped with pressure. Felt a little unfair as I feel it was an unrealistic sort of pressure compared with what you would get on the job, i.e., less personal.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2010.

Was contacted by phone. After initial phone screening having standard riddles and algo questions, I was invited to an on-site interview. There were many interviewers asking a lot of questions and didn't let you finish, constantly switching from one question to the other. Took about 7 hours. Overall it doesn't seem as a good place to work at.

Engineering Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2009.

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying online at Career builder (I believe). He sent me a bunch of information to read through to prepare for the technical portion of the interview, though I never made it that far. He set up a time for the first round of phone interviews. I was asked some rather general programming questions. Things seemed to go well, but I received an email a few dats later saying thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions
    • Given a double value, find the square root without using the sqrt() function?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2010.

I had an initial phone interview with one senior developer. He asked me some of the public web sites I have worked on (I was interviewing for web developer position). The following week I was brought in for a 3-hour interview. Met with 4 different people. Asides from technical interviews they like to ask questions regarding your working style or how you work with a team.
    I interviewed for only one afternoon. A few days later they gave me offer and I accepted.
    The NY office is fancy and nice. Chic and stylish decor. Free snacks and drinks.

Interview Questions
    • What's your experience and opinion on AOP (Aspect Oriented Programming)?   Answer Question
    • How would you reverse the digits of an integer? (say from 123456 to 654321)   View Answer

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2009.

We went through all kinds of data structures, i.e., linkedlist, array, binary tree, binary search tree, hash tables... In particular, he asked me whether there is a place that binary search tree could beat hash tables. And then I was asked a lot of detailed questions on various aspects of C/C++. In the end, I was thrown a prime number algorithm question, which I didn't figure out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2009.

I was asked about the C++ programming techniques and object oriented programming. The questions
    are ranging from easy to tricky ones.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between constructor assigment and copy constructor   View Answer
    • When using hash table and when using map   View Answer