Bloomberg L.P.

Bloomberg L.P. Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted by phone. After initial phone screening having standard riddles and algo questions, I was invited to an on-site interview. There were many interviewers asking a lot of questions and didn't let you finish, constantly switching from one question to the other. Took about 7 hours. Overall it doesn't seem as a good place to work at.

Interview Question – Reverse a string   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Interview Details – the first time they contacted me was tghrough e-mail and they set up an online test .i could cxhoose a language of my own choice c c++ java or c#. as i feel pretty comfortab;le with pointers i chose c.
there was a1 hour test with 3 minutes for each multiple question.easy test. ia m pretty sure i did well on the test.but received another email the same evening saying they cant pursue my candidacy for that position

Interview Question – a question about using pointers to refer an array element like *(arr+4) etc.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2008.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting. I had two phone interviews with relatively easy C++ questions. The interviewers were friendly and helpful. After the second phone interview, I was invited to NYC for a day of in person interviews. I had 4-5 interviews, two of them were 1:1 the others were with at least two people and finally had an interview the Human Resources person. Interview was mostly basic C++ and math.

Interview Question – How do you implement the sin function on a 8-bit chip?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineering

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2008.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview. Waited for the hiring manager to come back from a business trip. Brought in on Friday and met five people. Got offer next Monday.

Interview Question – Code the binary search   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2009.

Interview Details – Initial communication was invitation to take online reasoning test. After passing that, the recruiter set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with several engineers on a conference call. The questions started out with background then moved to technical. They finished the 45 minute call with several difficult brain teasers.

Interview Question – How would you design a sort algorithm?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview lasted 45 minutes instead of 1 hour as the interviewer was unable to reach me.
Interviewer rushed through questions asking non technical then technical questions.
some unix questions asked
how do you know how many cpu's your machine is running and how do you differentiate between virtual Vs physical cores?
how do you find out how much VM is in use?
is there another way to find out how much disk space is used besides du?

Interview Questions

• How do you find out how many cpu's your linux machine is using and are they physical or virtual?   Answer Question
  • is there another way to find disk usage besides du?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was asked about the C++ programming techniques and object oriented programming. The questions
are ranging from easy to tricky ones.

Interview Questions

• Difference between constructor assigment and copy constructor   View Answer
  • When using hash table and when using map   View Answer

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2009.

Interview Details – We went through all kinds of data structures, i.e., linkedlist, array, binary tree, binary search tree, hash tables... In particular, he asked me whether there is a place that binary search tree could beat hash tables. And then I was asked a lot of detailed questions on various aspects of C/C++. In the end, I was thrown a prime number algorithm question, which I didn't figure out.

Interview Question – Compare class and struct   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineering

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

Interview Details – 30 C++ questions, including concept questions and program (u need to give out the program outcome), each question is limited with 3 minutes. I heard about the candidates must produce out at leat 3/4 propertion so they can get the next step interview. Then they will send you a email about the phone interview, u need to tell them the appropriate time to accept it. now I am in this step, so that is all I can tell. ha ha, good luck for everybody. and good luck for me.

Interview Question – several questions about fileheader.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2010.

Interview Details – After screen test was invited for an interview. Really impressive building, very fancy environment, 1 tour of questions was easy, it's the 2 where i screwed up. They asked me some questions related to TCP Ip protocol, I can't even remember what exact quetions were but I coudn't answer. I didn't expect much from that interview. In a week of time I got a phone call from them that I am not a person they were lookign for...

Interview Question – What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!