Bloomberg L.P. Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2010.

After screen test was invited for an interview. Really impressive building, very fancy environment, 1 tour of questions was easy, it's the 2 where i screwed up. They asked me some questions related to TCP Ip protocol, I can't even remember what exact quetions were but I coudn't answer. I didn't expect much from that interview. In a week of time I got a phone call from them that I am not a person they were lookign for...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2009.

We went through all kinds of data structures, i.e., linkedlist, array, binary tree, binary search tree, hash tables... In particular, he asked me whether there is a place that binary search tree could beat hash tables. And then I was asked a lot of detailed questions on various aspects of C/C++. In the end, I was thrown a prime number algorithm question, which I didn't figure out.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2008.

Got a phone interview. Waited for the hiring manager to come back from a business trip. Brought in on Friday and met five people. Got offer next Monday.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2007.

Questions on C pointers, data structures, algorithms, Java, university final year project, a few maths puzzles. Was made to feel quite uncomfortable, I guess to handle how I coped with pressure. Felt a little unfair as I feel it was an unrealistic sort of pressure compared with what you would get on the job, i.e., less personal.