Bloomberg L.P. Engineering Interview Questions

3.3

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2010.

The interview lasted 45 minutes instead of 1 hour as the interviewer was unable to reach me.
Interviewer rushed through questions asking non technical then technical questions.
some unix questions asked
how do you know how many cpu's your machine is running and how do you differentiate between virtual Vs physical cores?
how do you find out how much VM is in use?
is there another way to find out how much disk space is used besides du?

Interview Questions
  • How do you find out how many cpu's your linux machine is using and are they physical or virtual?   Answer Question
  • is there another way to find disk usage besides du?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2010.

I had an initial phone interview with one senior developer. He asked me some of the public web sites I have worked on (I was interviewing for web developer position). The following week I was brought in for a 3-hour interview. Met with 4 different people. Asides from technical interviews they like to ask questions regarding your working style or how you work with a team.
    I interviewed for only one afternoon. A few days later they gave me offer and I accepted.
    The NY office is fancy and nice. Chic and stylish decor. Free snacks and drinks.

Interview Questions
    • What's your experience and opinion on AOP (Aspect Oriented Programming)?   Answer Question
    • How would you reverse the digits of an integer? (say from 123456 to 654321)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2009.

Initial communication was invitation to take online reasoning test. After passing that, the recruiter set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with several engineers on a conference call. The questions started out with background then moved to technical. They finished the 45 minute call with several difficult brain teasers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2009.

I was asked about the C++ programming techniques and object oriented programming. The questions
    are ranging from easy to tricky ones.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between constructor assigment and copy constructor   View Answer
    • When using hash table and when using map   View Answer

Engineering Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2009.

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying online at Career builder (I believe). He sent me a bunch of information to read through to prepare for the technical portion of the interview, though I never made it that far. He set up a time for the first round of phone interviews. I was asked some rather general programming questions. Things seemed to go well, but I received an email a few dats later saying thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions
    • Given a double value, find the square root without using the sqrt() function?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2009.

I did not like the interviewing as a doc. Quality of work if very low and calibre of people is on. Interviews were too easy and they asked stupid questions sometimes. He asked flow charts and some C++ code . Learn pointers and functions and how to create instance of a class in your head. They also try to trick you with pointer questions to catch you off guard but at the end the questions were below standard and did not have any juice in them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2008.

Applied through campus recruiting. I had two phone interviews with relatively easy C++ questions. The interviewers were friendly and helpful. After the second phone interview, I was invited to NYC for a day of in person interviews. I had 4-5 interviews, two of them were 1:1 the others were with at least two people and finally had an interview the Human Resources person. Interview was mostly basic C++ and math.

Interview Questions
    • How do you implement the sin function on a 8-bit chip?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

the first time they contacted me was tghrough e-mail and they set up an online test .i could cxhoose a language of my own choice c c++ java or c#. as i feel pretty comfortab;le with pointers i chose c.
    there was a1 hour test with 3 minutes for each multiple question.easy test. ia m pretty sure i did well on the test.but received another email the same evening saying they cant pursue my candidacy for that position

Interview Questions
    • a question about using pointers to refer an array element like *(arr+4) etc.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2010.

Was contacted by phone. After initial phone screening having standard riddles and algo questions, I was invited to an on-site interview. There were many interviewers asking a lot of questions and didn't let you finish, constantly switching from one question to the other. Took about 7 hours. Overall it doesn't seem as a good place to work at.

Engineering Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

30 C++ questions, including concept questions and program (u need to give out the program outcome), each question is limited with 3 minutes. I heard about the candidates must produce out at leat 3/4 propertion so they can get the next step interview. Then they will send you a email about the phone interview, u need to tell them the appropriate time to accept it. now I am in this step, so that is all I can tell. ha ha, good luck for everybody. and good luck for me.