Bloomberg L.P.

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2009.

Interview Details – We went through all kinds of data structures, i.e., linkedlist, array, binary tree, binary search tree, hash tables... In particular, he asked me whether there is a place that binary search tree could beat hash tables. And then I was asked a lot of detailed questions on various aspects of C/C++. In the end, I was thrown a prime number algorithm question, which I didn't figure out.

Interview Question – Compare class and struct   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineering Interview

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

Interview Details – 30 C++ questions, including concept questions and program (u need to give out the program outcome), each question is limited with 3 minutes. I heard about the candidates must produce out at leat 3/4 propertion so they can get the next step interview. Then they will send you a email about the phone interview, u need to tell them the appropriate time to accept it. now I am in this step, so that is all I can tell. ha ha, good luck for everybody. and good luck for me.

Interview Question – several questions about fileheader.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2010.

Interview Details – After screen test was invited for an interview. Really impressive building, very fancy environment, 1 tour of questions was easy, it's the 2 where i screwed up. They asked me some questions related to TCP Ip protocol, I can't even remember what exact quetions were but I coudn't answer. I didn't expect much from that interview. In a week of time I got a phone call from them that I am not a person they were lookign for...

Interview Question – What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2007.

Interview Details – Questions on C pointers, data structures, algorithms, Java, university final year project, a few maths puzzles. Was made to feel quite uncomfortable, I guess to handle how I coped with pressure. Felt a little unfair as I feel it was an unrealistic sort of pressure compared with what you would get on the job, i.e., less personal.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.