Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Skillman, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Interview Details – Apply, Interview, Test, Interview with Managment. This was spaced out quite a bit which is apparently standard proceedure for Bloomberg. Big companies tend to move slow. Interviews were mostly question related to the open position and how it could relate to previous exp.

Interview Question – Test is a text book financial quiz any decent University graduate will ace. The wording is pretty terrible, and providing a calc would have been nice, but it was not really difficult. The interviewers are clearly stressed and the interviews seem like a bother to them. I was interviewed by 2 twenty somethings, followed by a mid thirties Indian woman manager(with her knees up against the table, who was too busy on her iphone to actually listen to my answers), and finally by the managers bosses. They did not seem interested in what I could do as much as how easily i delt with stress and time managment. RED FLAGS to under staffed and over worked.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I ended up turning down the job as the pay to work expected was horrible. I have read a couple dozen reviews online of people simply walking out on this position.

Skillman, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. 1st phone interview fine. 2nd in person interview in Skillman, NJ after about 1 month. HR there is nice, the 2 interviewers much less. One of the two had an arrogant attitude, and I cannot understand why because 1) he could barely speak English (I am myself not a native, so no offence). 2) he left the room after 10 mins without excusing himself, whichwas not very professional and well-mannered towards both his colleagues and myself. The only interviewer left asked me questions for another 20 mins and then gave me an accounting/finance test before she left. After a month, HR emailed me saying I had passed the interview and will have a 2nd face to face interview and asked for availability, which I gave --- then full and total silence. Never happened.

Interview Question – None. All behavioral.   Answer Question

Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2008.

Interview Details – My was relatively easy and quick. At that time it was an just entry level position and they didn’t ask for a lot – language, general knowledge of accounting and finance and examples of past team experience. All was done within one day long interview. Salary was not negotiable – take it or leave it

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working as part of a team   Answer Question
  • Describe your experience dealing with external clients. Any customer service experience   Answer Question

Equity Fundamentals Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – So far I only had a phone interview which went well (I was invited to an onsite interview). You should be papered to answer detailed questions about the your past experiences and always offer to elaborate more on your answers. If you had previous investment experience be ready to talk about it in details. All in all the interview was a very positive experience.

Interview Question – Explain how your past experience and studies (which in my case were non-finance related) prepare you for the job.   View Answer

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!