Bloomberg L.P.

www.bloomberg.com

Bloomberg L.P. Equity Fundamentals Analyst Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Apply, Interview, Test, Interview with Managment. This was spaced out quite a bit which is apparently standard proceedure for Bloomberg. Big companies tend to move slow. Interviews were mostly question related to the open position and how it could relate to previous exp.

Interview Questions
  • Test is a text book financial quiz any decent University graduate will ace. The wording is pretty terrible, and providing a calc would have been nice, but it was not really difficult. The interviewers are clearly stressed and the interviews seem like a bother to them. I was interviewed by 2 twenty somethings, followed by a mid thirties Indian woman manager(with her knees up against the table, who was too busy on her iphone to actually listen to my answers), and finally by the managers bosses. They did not seem interested in what I could do as much as how easily i delt with stress and time managment. RED FLAGS to under staffed and over worked.   View Answer

I ended up turning down the job as the pay to work expected was horrible. I have read a couple dozen reviews online of people simply walking out on this position.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2012.

Applied online. 1st phone interview fine. 2nd in person interview in Skillman, NJ after about 1 month. HR there is nice, the 2 interviewers much less. One of the two had an arrogant attitude, and I cannot understand why because 1) he could barely speak English (I am myself not a native, so no offence). 2) he left the room after 10 mins without excusing himself, whichwas not very professional and well-mannered towards both his colleagues and myself. The only interviewer left asked me questions for another 20 mins and then gave me an accounting/finance test before she left. After a month, HR emailed me saying I had passed the interview and will have a 2nd face to face interview and asked for availability, which I gave --- then full and total silence. Never happened.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2008.

My was relatively easy and quick. At that time it was an just entry level position and they didn’t ask for a lot – language, general knowledge of accounting and finance and examples of past team experience. All was done within one day long interview. Salary was not negotiable – take it or leave it

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience working as part of a team   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience dealing with external clients. Any customer service experience   Answer Question

Equity Fundamentals Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

So far I only had a phone interview which went well (I was invited to an onsite interview). You should be papered to answer detailed questions about the your past experiences and always offer to elaborate more on your answers. If you had previous investment experience be ready to talk about it in details. All in all the interview was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how your past experience and studies (which in my case were non-finance related) prepare you for the job.   View Answer