Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and HR got back to me within a few weeks. Entire interview process took about a month. One screening on the phone and came into both NYC offices a total of 3 times with multiple interviewers each time. Met with members of my team along with high level management. Interviews were were more conversational and getting to know you and how you would respond in different situations along with your knowledge of the industry.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high stress situations? Do you tend to work better in small groups or big groups and why? Why are you here? How do you handle adversity?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were very straightforward. There were no case questions, only behavioral and background questions. Lots of questions about your passions as well as why Bloomberg. After a phone screen, I was flown to the office for a three-person interview. Pretty much all of them were managers from different areas (not recruiters) and they were nice, though they didn't see to care much about the recruiting process and just wanted the day to be over.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Typical behavorial questions. Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work at Bloomberg, What in particular made you want to work here, where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - Interviewed at Bloomberg in June 2014. This is the round in Bloomberg US Interview: -Technical Interview -Management Interview -Senior Management Interview -Aptitude, Logical and Verbal Reasoning Interview Once you clear the first round, it will not take much time to finish all other rounds. I got the offer in hand within 9 days. Process is very smooth and personnel there are good. If you can find an internal reference will be considered a big plus. Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from the app store its worthy.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer at PWC.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was exactly what you'd expect. The people were very nice but they asked all the typical questions. You spend the afternoon there. They tell you about the company, show you around, and demonstrate some basic understanding of the terminal. You interview with 2 different people. They ask you some questions about yourself and others to identify what kind of rep you would be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Who are Bloomberg's biggest competitors?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe a time when you took initiative for a project? 2) Describe a time when you went above and beyond your duty?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

The interviewer was not invested in the interview process at all and asked me a total of 3 extremely vague questions.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you have to offer?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

interview was very simple. first there was a phone interview with an hr rep. next you went in for an interview. you begin with a tour of the building, then you shadow someone in the role you are interviewing for, then you interview with a manager in sales and analytics, then if they like you, you interiview with the head.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at bloomberg?   Answer Question
    • describe a challenge you faced in your previous role and how u handled it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

Interview

I was invited to telephone interview twice for the position in London. On the first turn I was not called at defined date and time and had to e mail them informing that I am still waiting for call and not sure what to do next. I received a response with apology and was assigned another date for the interview. I was called 15 minutes earlier before second conversation and was told that the interview is cancelled and I will receive further instructions later by e mail. I was finally called on the third turn and had an descent interview. After two hours from the interview I received the reject with no particular feed back. I continued to apply for jobs at Bloomberg and received another chance for the telephone interview. At this time the conversation happened from the first turn and was a well conducted interview. At the end of the interview I was asked if I had any further questions. I asked the interviewer for particular feedback if I am not successful because I need to know on which aspect to work for improvement. She has promised me that she will give me a detailed feedback on the interview if I am not successful. I received the reject after one and half week with no explanation. have no desire to work in the company afterwards.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the market share of main competitor Thomson Reuters   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online first, after weeks of waiting, receiving an notice of telephone interview. The telephone interview is not too difficult, but make sure you are confident when answering the phone.

Interview Questions

• What is the relationship between interest rate and inflation rate.   Answer Question