Bloomberg L.P.

3.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

The interviewer was not invested in the interview process at all and asked me a total of 3 extremely vague questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2011.

interview was very simple. first there was a phone interview with an hr rep. next you went in for an interview. you begin with a tour of the building, then you shadow someone in the role you are interviewing for, then you interview with a manager in sales and analytics, then if they like you, you interiview with the head.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work at bloomberg?   Answer Question
    • describe a challenge you faced in your previous role and how u handled it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

I had the first and second round interview with Bloomberg.
    The First round is group in and we had several scenario questions, the one we got was selling a hearter to the local resident in Thailand. And we were quite good I think. The fisrt round is mainly for your english, no competency questions.
    The second round is individual and they ask some questions based on your resume. Not too difficult.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2011.

Bloomberg's HR call me after two days of my application online. I was surprise that i got a phone interview without notices. Thus, be prepare immediately after you apply for any position at Bloomberg. The interviewer ask two basic questions with some accent. i.) What do you know about Bloomberg? ii.) What do you know about the position you had applied for? Advices: Pay attention to every work what the interviewer asked and do the preparation!

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2011.

I was asked how i would sell the bloomberg system and how i would approach a potential customer. The interview was 2 on 1. the one interviewer seemed like he didnt want to be there at all and he shouldnt have been there since my actual interviewer got switched 5 mins before i was to go in. be prepared to defend your answers over and over again

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to joing bloomberg (over and over again)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2012.

Had a brief phone interview first, then invited to the first interview. At the first interview, 6 people in the group taken to the meeting room, and HR introduced Bloomberg briefly and we all did self introduction. Then each of us sit with the current financial analyst and see what their job like. After that, we have individual interview with the team manager. He asked me why Bloomberg, what I think this position suits me etc. After few days, got a email to invite me to the final interview. It was with the team manager and the division manager. They asked more detailed questions, like what current financial market like etc. At this stage, I strongly recommend to read lots of newspapers and be ready to discuss current financial market.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me WHY Bloomberg, I gave answers but couldn't convince them.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Mostly behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • 1) Describe a time when you took initiative for a project?
      2) Describe a time when you went above and beyond your duty?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - Interviewed at Bloomberg in June 2014.

This is the round in Bloomberg US Interview:
    -Technical Interview
    -Management Interview
    -Senior Management Interview
    -Aptitude, Logical and Verbal Reasoning Interview

Once you clear the first round, it will not take much time to finish all other rounds. I got the offer in hand within 9 days. Process is very smooth and personnel there are good. If you can find an internal reference will be considered a big plus. Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from the app store its worthy.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer at PWC.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Typical behavorial questions. Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work at Bloomberg, What in particular made you want to work here, where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Financial Analyst Interview

Good process until final interview which was very tough, Brush up on your financial knowledge and learn about the clients and how to sell the terminal.
    first interview is phone, then on site with 2 mid level managers then the final with heads of departments.