Bloomberg L.P. Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were very straightforward. There were no case questions, only behavioral and background questions. Lots of questions about your passions as well as why Bloomberg. After a phone screen, I was flown to the office for a three-person interview. Pretty much all of them were managers from different areas (not recruiters) and they were nice, though they didn't see to care much about the recruiting process and just wanted the day to be over.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was exactly what you'd expect. The people were very nice but they asked all the typical questions. You spend the afternoon there. They tell you about the company, show you around, and demonstrate some basic understanding of the terminal. You interview with 2 different people. They ask you some questions about yourself and others to identify what kind of rep you would be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Who are Bloomberg's biggest competitors?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online first, after weeks of waiting, receiving an notice of telephone interview. The telephone interview is not too difficult, but make sure you are confident when answering the phone.

Interview Questions

• What is the relationship between interest rate and inflation rate.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

Interview

I was invited to telephone interview twice for the position in London. On the first turn I was not called at defined date and time and had to e mail them informing that I am still waiting for call and not sure what to do next. I received a response with apology and was assigned another date for the interview. I was called 15 minutes earlier before second conversation and was told that the interview is cancelled and I will receive further instructions later by e mail. I was finally called on the third turn and had an descent interview. After two hours from the interview I received the reject with no particular feed back. I continued to apply for jobs at Bloomberg and received another chance for the telephone interview. At this time the conversation happened from the first turn and was a well conducted interview. At the end of the interview I was asked if I had any further questions. I asked the interviewer for particular feedback if I am not successful because I need to know on which aspect to work for improvement. She has promised me that she will give me a detailed feedback on the interview if I am not successful. I received the reject after one and half week with no explanation. have no desire to work in the company afterwards.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the market share of main competitor Thomson Reuters   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Typical behavorial questions. Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work at Bloomberg, What in particular made you want to work here, where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - Interviewed at Bloomberg in June 2014. This is the round in Bloomberg US Interview: -Technical Interview -Management Interview -Senior Management Interview -Aptitude, Logical and Verbal Reasoning Interview Once you clear the first round, it will not take much time to finish all other rounds. I got the offer in hand within 9 days. Process is very smooth and personnel there are good. If you can find an internal reference will be considered a big plus. Also before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from the app store its worthy.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer at PWC.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Good process until final interview which was very tough, Brush up on your financial knowledge and learn about the clients and how to sell the terminal. first interview is phone, then on site with 2 mid level managers then the final with heads of departments.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe a time when you took initiative for a project? 2) Describe a time when you went above and beyond your duty?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview first, then invited to the first interview. At the first interview, 6 people in the group taken to the meeting room, and HR introduced Bloomberg briefly and we all did self introduction. Then each of us sit with the current financial analyst and see what their job like. After that, we have individual interview with the team manager. He asked me why Bloomberg, what I think this position suits me etc. After few days, got a email to invite me to the final interview. It was with the team manager and the division manager. They asked more detailed questions, like what current financial market like etc. At this stage, I strongly recommend to read lots of newspapers and be ready to discuss current financial market.

Interview Questions

• They asked me WHY Bloomberg, I gave answers but couldn't convince them.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Got an email for a phone interview from HR after 2 weeks of applying. Interview was basically basic questions about you and your CV, why BBG, why this position, etc.

Interview Questions

• Overall, it was a good experience for me as an entry-level   Answer Question