Bloomberg L.P. Financial Applications Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

Applied online, then online test about logistics, problem solving, verbal etc., phone interview talking about background and some technical detail and programming about linked list. Finally, an on-site interview in their NYC office with two interviewers and an observer. Went over the resume first, then asked problem solving, brain teaser, programming related to hash table, linked list and wrote code on the paper they provided.

Interview Questions
  • Some problems were quite difficult for this position. Maybe the interviewers didn't like me personally.
    Check if two linked list intersect, if so, find the intersection point. Travelling salesman problem.
      View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

Interviewed via Phone Interview. Failed on a couple of questions, the interviewer is really nice though.

Interview Questions
    • If a 3x3 white cube is painted blue on its face and then cut into 1x1 cube, what are the chances of picking a cube with a blue side from a bag   View Answers (5)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

I had two interviews with Bloomberg. The first was an on campus interview consisting of general questions about my programming projects, basic data structures problems, and a brain teaser. The second interview was on site and consisted of two interviews. One was behavioral and the next was entirely about algorithms and data structures.

Interview Questions
    • The question about dropping two eggs from a 100 story building. I forgot the question exactly, but I remember seeing it on Glassdoor before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2011.

I have left my resume with one of the developers who came to Campus to give a presentation. The HR called me after a week inviting me to my first interview when they are visiting our Campus again.
    1st Round: Brain Teasers & Background Check - Was called in for the second round the very next day.
    2nd Round: More Brain Teasers and a few Coding related Qs. It went fine and was called in for an in-house interview a week later.
    3rd Round: On-site. Was Simple but the interviewer was intimidating and didn't like me for some reason right from the interview started as he was 15 min late to the interview and didn't even answer my questions in the end properly. Obviously, I ended up having a weird feeling at the end of the interview as I didn't know how it went even though I could answer a decent chunk of questions.
    Got a rejection mail after a week.
    Advice: Prepare well as most of the Qs asked are standard ones but it just boils down to who you are interviewing with in the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2011.

Took an interview for 35 minutes. First 10-15 minutes were about my previous internship and duties performed there. Then given a code to write. It was a simple code wherein you need to strip off some unwanted/stray characters from a string. Did that. Then was asked just 1 question which was difference between malloc() and new(). I could just remember 1 difference. 2 days later got a reject.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2011.

Applied online, receive online skill assessment test, waiting for phone-interview.

Interview Questions
    • A clock is going slow at a rate of 9 minutes per hour, and it's showing the right time now, it's Monday noon, what's the next time the clock show the right time?   View Answer
    • A lot of figure rotation, ask you which one is missing in the process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2011.

After passing the resume screen, I was contacted by a Bloomberg rep about taking an IQ test. The test took me about 0.5-1 hrs and comprised of logic, math, and teaser questions. After passing the test, I was contacted again about scheduling a phone interview. I sent in my available times and received an email about a week later confirming a time slot. The phone interview lasted about an hour and was technical. I got a programming question and two logic brainteasers. The interviewer was very nice and generally helped me work through the problems, but I even so, I couldn't answer one of the questions. I think this is why I didn't make it past this round (he was dropping REALLY big hints, can't believe I didn't get it).

Interview Questions
    • My clock is 9 minutes slow every hour. At noon, it tells the correct time. After how many hours will it again tell the correct time?   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2011.

It took 45 minutes. First, discuss my background, experience, my interest and why I choose Bloomberg. Then, 3 IQ/Intelligence questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2009.

After submitting my resume/cover letter, they asked that I take an online aptitude test. The test had a number of analytical questions - it was rather similar to the LSAT ("If A, B, C, D, and E have appointments on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...") except that it had some questions asking to follow and describe flowcharts, and some other pretty dumb questions about counting the number of times a certain letter appeared in a paragraph. The questions were timed.

I must've done alright (the LSAT prep I'd done separately proved rather helpful) since they asked me to come to New York to interview and tour their headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • How many times does the word "today" appear in the following puzzle, either diagonally, horizontally, or vertically, either forwards or backwards?

The puzzle was a word search just like you used to do in elementary school, except this one was timed.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2009.

I recently took the Bloomberg skill assessment. It did not have any questions pertaining to programming. For the most part it was logic questions and a few questions that gauged your attention to detail like counting the number of a particular letter in a paragraph. Overall it was relatively easy and they get back to you within a day or two.

Interview Questions
    • Count the number of time the letter "l", upper and lower case, appears in a given paragraph.   View Answers (2)