Bloomberg L.P.

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2011.

Interview Details – Started out with a phone interview. That lasted about 20-25 minutes and consisted of the following questions (among others):

- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about your working background
- Why Bloomberg?
- What are your salary requirements

Second interview was in-person, in NYC. Starts out with a quick tour of the office with another candidate and a 'host.' You and the other candidate are split up and shadow other people in the field that you hope to be working in: analytics. After about an hour of sitting with someone as they show you some of the features of the terminal, you are ushered off to a 2:1 panel interview in a private room. Some overlapping questions from the phone interview, I had the feeling I was being gamed (i.e. Good cop vs. bad cop), other candidates felt the same. The interviewers were from the same field of interest (FS&A), asked questions about background, enthusiasm, etc.

After that I was told to return a few hours later for the exact same type of interview (2:1) and after that, I was ultimately told I was done for the day. Second interview consisted of more in depth questions from higher ranking members of the FS&A crew (more years of experience) and wanted to know more about my background, put me in "situational" scenarios, and even know how current I am with news, times, etc. Mentioning that you read Bloomberg is a plus, lol.

Smile, Make Eye Contact and Be Friendly.

New York, NY

Interview Details – Basically, I applied for an Entry Level Training Program with Bloomberg. After reading reviews for the company, I knew that the competition was quite steep. After applying online, the company called me within 2 weeks, and the call consisted of interview scheduling for a phone interview. 2 weeks later the telephone interview came around. The person who contacted me was grilling. She interrogated me on every aspect of my resume, educational background, workplace experience, technical and personal skills, as well as my familiarity with current Financial news stories. She also asked me what a lot of questions about Bloomberg, to gauge what I knew about the company I was applying for. After about a week, I was contacted through e-mail, this time telling me that they were no longer pursuing me as a candidate for further employment. I thought the interview went quite well, and I was sure that I would at least qualify for a second interview. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Interview Questions

• Describe how the skills involved with your current position would translate well with a position for our company?   Answer Question
  • Explain how you have been keeping up with the current national financial climate and give specific examples.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter after only a few days for a phone interview. It was pretty short and simple "walk me through your resume" talked a little more about the job details and got to ask some questions. Afterwards I was invited to their NY office for a whole day of interviews. They really take care of you, took care of all my travel arrangements, hotel, and travel voucher for food etc.
For the full day at their NY office, I started with a quick tour then went on to shadow someone at their desk. I'm pretty sure they were all evaluating me, but seemed very friendly and helpful. Afterward, I met with 2 managers for an interview that was a mix of behavioral and normal questions. We broke for lunch where I'm assuming only those who did well were asked back. For the last interview (the final round) it was pretty intense. They really want you to prove that finance is the field you want to be in. I was told I would have a decision within a few days, so just waiting now. No idea what the salary is.

Interview Question – How would you explain to someone unfamiliar with finance what has happened in these past few years with the financial crisis?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on the site, was e-mailed by a recruiter to discuss a time to interview. Once the recruiter called, she was very nice and friendly. She asked me what I knew about the department I was looking to work in and I didn't know much, which killed my interview. Overall, it was a positive process, and I would definitely recommend applying there.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and was asked back the next day for an 8am start time. I had a 2:1 interview at 8am, following a bloomberg terminal tutorial and a tour around the building. then i shadowed people for the remainder of the morning

Interview Question – What do you know about Bloomberg?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2010.

Interview Details – They asked me several questions about team work experiences.
1. Why Bloomberg?
2. What is your responsible for previous job?
3. What you expected in 3 or 5 years?
4. Do you have team work experience?
5. How you convince someone purchase your products?

New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2009.

Interview Details – I found the job through a campus recruitment promotion, and then had a 1 on 1 interview. The interviewer was very friendly, and pretty typical questions were asked through looking/commenting on my resume and explaining what the job entails and their experience working at bloomberg...

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself progressing at Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Financial Sales Analyst

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview for 3 rounds at a career fair. Last one was with 2 managers.

Interview Question – How to sell more Bloomberg Terminal to the place you interned with last summer?   Answer Question

Financial Sales Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting the application they emailed me to schedule a phone interview. Pretty basic question: comment your resume, why this position, where do you see yourself in 5 years, salary expectation.
In 2 weeks would give me feedback. I am still waiting.

Interview Question – Salary expectations   View Answer

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2011.

Interview Details – Consisted of simple questions, about the company, their competitors, current financial developments and my skills. Took 15 minutes, In the end you are invited to ask questions.
Prepare yourself with some current prices and read up about their products. Friendly man on the phone, seemed like he didn't really care about my answers.

Interview Question – How your skills would help bloomberg   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales Analyst interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.