Bloomberg L.P.

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Sales Analyst Interview

Financial Sales Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2009.

Interview Details – Two interviewers for each candidate. I was asked about my background only slightly. You could tell they thought my answers were too long and really wanted me to get to the point (I had 10 interviews this week, so I can attest that my answers were no longer than the typical response). They were determined to show that I did not understand what the position actually was (except I have a cousin that worked this exact same job, how I got the interview, so I know exactly what the position does). Overall, I would say I was well prepared for the interview but their style of questioning did not match my style of interviewing.
Advice: get to the point, don't go through the typical Situation-Task-Action-Result because it seemed like they didn't care about the details. Also, let them get off on telling you about the job, make your questions really basic. It's almost like if you actually do know anything about they job, they are sad they can't teach you and then take it out on you by "proving" you have no idea what they do on a day to day basis. Also, interview was not technical, AT ALL. So don't waste time on that.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bloomberg beyond just the professional service?   View Answer
  • Tell me what you know about the position.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

See What Bloomberg L.P. Employees Are Saying

Former Editor in New York, NY

Pros: “Excellent benefits, lots of opportunities for advancement if you put in the hours and get results. People who work here are very smart, driven and competitive.” Full Review

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales Analyst interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.