Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
135 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

Interview Details – Apply by the website.
Was contacted by email for a first interview by phone with one person of the team. Questions about Bloomberg. Work situations ...
2nd interview with 2 managers for 1 hour. Same question that everybody (technical and sales, why bloomberg, play role ...).
Short process but don't really understood what they really wanted.

Interview Question – Questions about financial instruments and how they works. Position of Bloomberg on the market.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Sales and Analytics

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – had a phone interview, and after 2 weeks was contacted for super day. the phone interview was really short and the interviewer talked most of the time so I wasn't sure

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Bloomberg instead of go into Banking?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Interview Details – Step 1: Personality Test: Gives you 60 character traits and you have to rank which ones are most like you, kind of like you, slightly like you, and then the same for not like you.
Step 2: Phone Interview: Simple questions about resume, why bloomberg, and the position. make sure you know about the position, and that it is about interfacing with clients/sales in addition to the finance aspect. They're trying to see if you're a good fit/that you really want Bloomberg
Step 3: In person: 1 hour tour of facilities, terminal demonstration, and then two 1 on 1 interviews. show your interest throughout. one on one is with someone from sales/ someone from analytics. Sales will ask you about sales experience/sales based questions, and analytics will ask you about the "why finance" side of things and some questions about motivations for the job.
Step 4: 2 on 1 with 2 managers in the analytics department. Much more difficult. Ask some critical thinking questions, are constantly on their phones trying to throw you off, and somewhat rude. Don't be phased by this; stay positive and polite and answer everything.

Interview Question – why bloomberg?
what's more important in sales? the client or the product?
what do you know about the position?
why finance?
what is one story you have been following in the markets?
what is the biggest misconception about you?
how many terminals does bloomberg have internally?
how would an airline company use the terminal?
sell me something (could be college, iphone app, pen, etc.)
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't try negotiating because it's a set program. if you're coming out of college, fantastic benefits.

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – started with a phone interview. Was asked the standard BBerg questions. Why Bloomberg? what do you like about our culture etc.

2 weeks later was brought into NY office. Did the standard shadowing of two differnt people working on the terminals. Then had the interview with 3 "Account Managers".

Did not ask anything overly difficult. Had a list of of very standard and marginally relevant interview questions. Like how many terminals are in the world?

Interview Question – How many bloomberg terminals are in the world?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process starts via a phone interview or on-campus interview. The first conversation gives the HR a chance to screen you. If you pass the first you have in-person interviews with individuals from various roles on the Helpdesk or in Sales.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Bloomberg?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate since this was my first job out of college and it seemed very in line with the market considering I had a similar offer from Factset

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview with HR. Very quick and easy. Go over resume. What do you know about the role? Why do you want to work at Bloomberg? Then I got contacted to go up to New York for second round interview. Shadowed an analyst for an hour, had an hour interview with two people, then toured the building for an hour. During interview had to sell a new iPhone app I just bought, answer some what if scenarios about time management and prioritizing. Overall not bad. Got asked to come back in the afternoon for final round. Interviewed with one senior director. Much tougher than the previous interviews. Had to make another sales pitch. Asked how many computers do you think Bloomberg owns around the world.

Interview Question – How many computers do you think Bloomberg owns globally?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and then invited for superday where I interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Question – 5 relevant things going on in the new.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – This was 4 years ago, keep this in mind:
3 round interview:
1 phone
1 panel (1 with sales rep, 1 with analytics rep)
1 in person with regional manager

You go in, get an idea of the culture in the department. You get to shadow other HELP DESK reps. You have to be super enthusiastic at all times, they like this.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation as a new hire, you get an offer that is standardized.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and approx 2 weeks later I got an email for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted around 10-15 minutes. Asked questions like Why Bloomberg, Go through your Resume, what news story are you following, why are you interested in sales, and what you know about the position you're applying for.

Interview Question – Know about the terminal and what Bloomberg does   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – applied online, heard back within a day, scheduled phone interview, HR was several minutes late for initial phone interview but it was very easy to talk with them. they also responded very promptly to all follow up emails. made it to final round in NY. impressed by culture and atmosphere

Interview Question – role playing questions where asked to sell favorite iphone app   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!