Bloomberg L.P.

Getting the Interview

110 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and then invited for superday where I interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Question – 5 relevant things going on in the new.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – This was 4 years ago, keep this in mind:
3 round interview:
1 phone
1 panel (1 with sales rep, 1 with analytics rep)
1 in person with regional manager

You go in, get an idea of the culture in the department. You get to shadow other HELP DESK reps. You have to be super enthusiastic at all times, they like this.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation as a new hire, you get an offer that is standardized.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and approx 2 weeks later I got an email for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted around 10-15 minutes. Asked questions like Why Bloomberg, Go through your Resume, what news story are you following, why are you interested in sales, and what you know about the position you're applying for.

Interview Question – Know about the terminal and what Bloomberg does   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – applied online, heard back within a day, scheduled phone interview, HR was several minutes late for initial phone interview but it was very easy to talk with them. they also responded very promptly to all follow up emails. made it to final round in NY. impressed by culture and atmosphere

Interview Question – role playing questions where asked to sell favorite iphone app   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Contacted by HR via phone, quick resume-based phone interview, followed by a "super-day" at HQ, including "speed dating"-style interviews, a tour, and Bloomberg tutorial. Lastly, final round with manager. Most interviews pivot around your willingness, ability to learn, work ethic, strengths in customer service, penchant for servicing clients, etc Mostly resume based throughout all stages.

Interview Question – Questions change on a consistent basis, but are typically work ethic, integrety, etc based vs. detailed market knowledge.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had one phone interview with someone from New York office. She was totally uninterested and extremely curt. Would ask a question like "Why Sales?" or "Why Bloomberg?" and then after I responded, would follow up with something like "But why do you want to do that?" or "Why is that?". She never said more than 10 words at a time, and could not have had a more indifferent attitude regarding the interview. It was like talking to a brick wall. Literally hearing echoes as she pried for me to repeat myself or explain what I had just said in different words. Brutal interview.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected -- all exactly what I would have guess: Why Bloomberg? Why this role? What is your understanding of the role? Why sales? What sales experience do you have? What does Bloomberg do?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – There was an initial 15 minute phone interview and then I was invited to an on campus interview two weeks later. That interview was mainly based off of behaviorial questions and was conducted by two members of the Sales and Analytics team. Two weeks after that, I was invited to a final round interview in New York.

Interview Question – Understand what the position is about and why you are a good fit for this sales position.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Interview Details – interview was pretty simple, I did not get the offer because I did not wanted it. So was not prepared at all for the interview. Why bloomberg? got to show some enthusiasm and sincere desire. I was discouraged also because the recruiter was kind of irresponsible and forgot to call me in the appointed date.

Interview Question – first round behavioral questions- nothing hard   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Interview Details – After applying, I was contacted and given three possible dates to choose from for a phone interview. Next I was invited to an in person interview, tour, and terminal demonstration.

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Applied through BBG website. Got an email from HR 2 days later and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview is basically behavioral questions: walk me through your resume, why this position, 5 words describing the company and why. Passed the first round got notification via email in 3 days. The second round is a Skype interview with Analytics department team leader. Similar behavior questions and a little bit more finance related questions. What is options, difference between features and forwards.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics interview questions and advice. All 110 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.