Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

3.1

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied online ,during phone interview they asked general questions about the company,why I wanted job at Bloomberg, why finance etc.... waited for email...did not make it.
Guess i wasn't enthusiastic enough about the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

First Round - Phone Interview
    Very standard and friendly. I was asked to walk the interviewer through my resume and then answer why I want to work for Bloomberg. A week later I received an email inviting me to the HQ for an interview.

Second Round - In-house Interview
    The in-house interview consists of a demonstration of the terminal, 2, one on one interviews (30 mins each) and a tour of the headquarters. Again, the interview questions are pretty standard:

Tell me about yourself.
    Why finance?
    Why sales?
    Tell me about a time when you were bold.
    Sell me your favorite sport
    How does the terminal benefit oil companies?

Exactly one month later I got an email stating that I had one more interview in-house.

Third Round - Inhouse Interview
    This round is the final and toughest round so you better bring your A game. It consists of shadowing a current employee for half hour. So ask a lot of questions about what he/she is doing. Then two rounds of interviews. The first with 2 team leaders and the last with a manager. The interviews with the team leaders and managers are a mixture of standard fit questions but they can get very technical.They'll ask you questions like:

What's going in the markets?
    How do you think that affects Bloomberg?
    What would you do if you didn't have to worry about money?

Interview Questions
    • What do you look for in a company that is about to IPO?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, standard offer which is competitive and the benefits are good.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I was contacted by HR a couple days after I applied for a phone interview. Just basic questions. Then I was invited for a 2nd round interview in NY. Included tour of the building, shadowing an analyst, then interview.

Interview Questions
    • tell me something thats not on your resume, talk about a current even being covered in the news right now   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

Applied online. Was contacted a few weeks later to do a phone interview. HR seemed overwhelmed but finally we agreed on a time. Im pretty sure i got the phone interview because an alumnus put my resume through.
    Phone Interview was standard. A few questions on character traits and enthusiasm. And a few talking points based on experience delineated in the resume.
    Got an email about a week later, inviting me to the second round visit at 731 Lex in Manhattan. Depending on how many other candidates there are that day, youll be divided to shadow an analyst not much older than you and pretty much get an accurate feel for what the role entails - thats for 30 mins.
    The the face-to-face interview with 2 senior sales and analytics people. Know your story well, theyll ask you o repeat it in a few different ways many times. i dont think theyre trying to get you to trip up or catch you saying something you dont mean, but they want the genuine story. Overall you can take their questions and direct them in any way that you want. Call their attention to certain things that you want them to hear. Definitely rehearse your talking points! Make sure to have at least 30 mins worth of questions to ask them, because they will allocate about 30 mins for your questions. This is the key place to demonstrate interest in the position. Show enthusiasm, and tell them how passionate you are about helping people.
    Then you go for an hour tour of the building, where you are meant to ask questions almost constantly. i felt like i had to ask insightful questions almost regularly just to beat out the other guy that was on the tour with me.
    Then you meat up with the HR rep who set you up with the interview. She tells you that youll get an email about the next steps.
    We shall see...

Interview Questions
    • What do you think Bloomberg provides for the world? What are we selling?   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

I applied online and received an email for the phone interview after about a week. Phone interview went well. It was about 15 minutes, and my interviewer asked me questions like tell me about yourself, why bloomberg, why this position, strengths and weakness, etc. It was nothing unexpected.
    I again received an email in about a month for their office visit. Office visit went well too. I had two, one - one interviews, one with someone from Analytics and other from Sales. Questions were all relevant.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

went through phone interview process.

was contacted a few days later asking me to come in for interviews and to see the offices.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview: Q. recent financial new that you are following in the markets? Whats the position? why sales? why finance?   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

Applied online, was contacted a few days later for phone interview. Was then asked to come in for an interview and tour of the building with about 50 other candidates. Emailed a few days later to come in for a final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Which asset class would you most like to work in for Terminal Sales team and why   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

First round was a quick phone call, about 10 minutes long, basic questions just to make sure I was a human being. Made it through there, then, I had an interview on campus with 2 people, one from sales and the other from analytics. This was much harder, as they asked me questions pertaining to the Terminal and what makes it such a reliable product, and what I believe makes a product good, plus other questions concerning time management and prioritizing.

Made it past that round and had a final round. Shadowed a person working the job for about an hour, and then an interview with an analytics guy for about an hour, very financial intensive heavy, and one with a sales guy for 30 minutes, primarily behaviorial. Supposed to hear back in 2 weeks, so we'll see how things go.

Interview Questions
    • How do some of our end clients use Bloomberg? Give examples and a walk-through scenario   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

first round was a phone call, very basic. Second round they flew me to nyc and I spent the morning at bloomberg, interviewed with two people and got a tour of the building. Haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch the bloomberg terminal to a class you took in college   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Straight forward. A few days after I applied online, I got an email to set up a 1st interview with HR. That interview was 10 minutes and basic "why bloomberg?" "why looking to leave current position?". He said someone would follow up for the next round. Next day got an email to set that up. There were probably 50 of us there, we split up and some had a building tour while the others interviewed with 1 sales person and 1 analytics. Mostly fit/behavioral. Then came back a week later to shadow someone on the help desk and do an hour interview with someone in senior management. Offered the next day

Interview Questions
    • Talk about impact Ukraine crisis has on economy
      What are options?