Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

151 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2013.

I applied online. An HR manager called me to scheudule a time for interview. The HR interview is very easy. You just need to introduce yourself and that's it. After the HR interveiw, I am then to interview with the sales manager.During the interview, it is basically based on why you choose Bloomberg and why this position.

Interview Questions
  • Why choose this "inprofessional" position?
    It is because I am another professional qualification holder.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

I applied through online. Recruiting captain email me to schedule for a phone interview. The interview was about 40-45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer was kept asking me why I applied for Bloomberg and why this position. He was not convinced my answer, so he kept asking me more specific reasons. Then, he asked me to give him my own analysis of my former employer's stock price.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Phone Interview first which was basic. I got fast tracked to the final interview.
    The final interview was very intense and fast paced. Questions like- what is the larger figure 40% of 60 of 60% of 40? They're the same.
    You need to have a keen interest in the financial markets and know what make companies valuable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

phone interviews and face to face at london

quick check of your cv?
    why bloomberg? why this position? what are your quality for this job? how do you sell a terminal over reuters?
    convence me to exhange my iphone for your blackberry

Interview Questions
    • what is a bond? what is put option? and they you to graph the payoff of severals financial products   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Interview took 3 weeks in total: Would have taken less, but I kept asking for more time between interviews to prepare.
    1. Application: Got reply next day and phone interview invitation
    2. Phone Interview: 18 minutes/ questions: Why BBG? Why this role? What is the difference between average and good salesperson ( I gave example in addition to explanation)? Rank knowledge in finance 1 to 10?
    In 15 minutes I got invitation to Face to face interview

3. Interview with Manager of Sales and one manager of Analytics: Questions: Why BBG? Tell about yourself? Sell terminal to a country where they do not have presence? a lot of technical questions/If I ended up talking about options,they would follow up and ask about it- so you can set your own interview :)

4. Interview face to face with Head of Sales and Head of Analytics: No technical questions at all/ Again, why BBG? Who would you contact in order to sell terminal to a Russian bank? What would you change about the way they work? what did I not liken during shadowing etc....Lasted longer than 1 hour- we ended up talking about everything. Very friendly!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do as a manager at BBG if you were me? (Question from Head of Analytics)   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

Apply by the website.
    Was contacted by email for a first interview by phone with one person of the team. Questions about Bloomberg. Work situations ...
    2nd interview with 2 managers for 1 hour. Same question that everybody (technical and sales, why bloomberg, play role ...).
    Short process but don't really understood what they really wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about financial instruments and how they works. Position of Bloomberg on the market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Step 1: Personality Test: Gives you 60 character traits and you have to rank which ones are most like you, kind of like you, slightly like you, and then the same for not like you.
    Step 2: Phone Interview: Simple questions about resume, why bloomberg, and the position. make sure you know about the position, and that it is about interfacing with clients/sales in addition to the finance aspect. They're trying to see if you're a good fit/that you really want Bloomberg
    Step 3: In person: 1 hour tour of facilities, terminal demonstration, and then two 1 on 1 interviews. show your interest throughout. one on one is with someone from sales/ someone from analytics. Sales will ask you about sales experience/sales based questions, and analytics will ask you about the "why finance" side of things and some questions about motivations for the job.
    Step 4: 2 on 1 with 2 managers in the analytics department. Much more difficult. Ask some critical thinking questions, are constantly on their phones trying to throw you off, and somewhat rude. Don't be phased by this; stay positive and polite and answer everything.

Interview Questions
    • why bloomberg?
      what's more important in sales? the client or the product?
      what do you know about the position?
      why finance?
      what is one story you have been following in the markets?
      what is the biggest misconception about you?
      how many terminals does bloomberg have internally?
      how would an airline company use the terminal?
      sell me something (could be college, iphone app, pen, etc.)
        View Answer
    Didn't try negotiating because it's a set program. if you're coming out of college, fantastic benefits.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Presentation, 3 rounds of interviews including business case studies, financial market opinions, personal experiences and motivation. Interviews were done professionally and results were quick.

Requirements to know the Bloomberg is an incentive but not a requirement, focus were more on attitude and personality

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

It was three interviews that had to be taken. First a phone call with a team member; basic questions like why Bloomberg, why this role, CV walkthrough, could non-financial companies use a Terminal and give some examples of those. 2nd round interview was a video-call conference out of Frankfurt(GER) to London, because I applied for a German speaker position. More difficult questions; interviewers were two team leaders: one out of Analytics and one out of Sales. A lot of the same questions as in the first interview, but much more in depth. Questions like what are Bloombergs biggest markets, BBGs biggest 5 customers in Germany, ratio of financial companies in client pool. Interview was 75% in English and 25% in German. Third round interview was a phone-conference with two Managers based in London. One Sales and one analytics manager. Way more difficult questions. They constantly try to get you out of your comfort zone by digging really deep in your skill and motivation profile. Just do your thing and they'll be happy. E.g. the manager asked me why I was the ideal candidate for the role, no matter what I told him he just kept saying "great, but everyone here has those skills". Stay cool in such situations, they'll try to get you super-nervous. I personally had the feeling that my third interview was horrible, but I got an offer anyway. Little joke at the end: my interviewer did some simple numeracy at the end like 1,5² or whats bigger: 40% of 20 or 20% of 40 (it's the same), he said he could hear me tapping one the calculator, I told him it was my brain that made such sounds while thinking (helps ease the inner nervousness). If you try to call sales or customer service to get infos, they won't tell you. Responses from HR always came within one or two days,

Interview Questions
    • 5 biggest Bloomberg Markets and 5 biggest German customers   View Answer
    • How would you service a very very angry client who complains about wrong info displayed on the Terminal?   View Answer
    • If you were responsible for acquiring new clients in Hamburg(GER), which companies would you go to?   View Answer
    No negotiation, because it was a Entry Level role.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online through BBG website and within 2 days got an email invitation to phone interview 20 minutes, walk me through your CV, questions like why BBG, who are competitors, why not investment bank, question about bonds, generally pleasant experience, 30 min later invited via email to in-house interview.

Interview Questions
    • How conflict in Ukraine / Russia influences financial markets.   View Answer

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!