Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

192 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Singapore office - first round interview through internal referral - questions focused on a particular assignment in my CV rather than my strengths and weaknesses followed by role playing.
Speak confidently, concisely and be relaxed. Ended on a positive note but didn't receive the offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

I applied online and received an email for the phone interview after about a week. Phone interview went well. It was about 15 minutes, and my interviewer asked me questions like tell me about yourself, why bloomberg, why this position, strengths and weakness, etc. It was nothing unexpected.
    I again received an email in about a month for their office visit. Office visit went well too. I had two, one - one interviews, one with someone from Analytics and other from Sales. Questions were all relevant.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

1st online application. 2nd HR Phone interview after online application. Duration 30mis: walk thru your CV, talk about a current topic from finance, why Bloomberg? why analytics? which add-ons are there for the terminal? which competitors are there for the terminal? etc...

Interview Questions
    • you are in sales resp. for 200 clients, one of your clients decides to cancel their terminals, what do you do?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

1st round:
    (nothing about the position)
    It was a group interview on campus. There was a case and the HR head asked for a group discussion. Since that was a random story, you have nothing to prepare. But make sure you show your best discussion skills and show your team work to the manager.

Then, 3 people from my group had been selected to see the manager right after.

2nd round: Meeting with the manager.
     He asked me about details from my work and volunteer experiences.
    Why Bloomberg?
    Which sector do I like the most? (I said Fixed income)
    Why is it more risky to hold you asset to a longer time horizon?
    Why Finance?
    Competitors?

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

First Round - Phone Interview
    Very standard and friendly. I was asked to walk the interviewer through my resume and then answer why I want to work for Bloomberg. A week later I received an email inviting me to the HQ for an interview.

Second Round - In-house Interview
    The in-house interview consists of a demonstration of the terminal, 2, one on one interviews (30 mins each) and a tour of the headquarters. Again, the interview questions are pretty standard:

Tell me about yourself.
    Why finance?
    Why sales?
    Tell me about a time when you were bold.
    Sell me your favorite sport
    How does the terminal benefit oil companies?

Exactly one month later I got an email stating that I had one more interview in-house.

Third Round - Inhouse Interview
    This round is the final and toughest round so you better bring your A game. It consists of shadowing a current employee for half hour. So ask a lot of questions about what he/she is doing. Then two rounds of interviews. The first with 2 team leaders and the last with a manager. The interviews with the team leaders and managers are a mixture of standard fit questions but they can get very technical.They'll ask you questions like:

What's going in the markets?
    How do you think that affects Bloomberg?
    What would you do if you didn't have to worry about money?

Interview Questions
    • What do you look for in a company that is about to IPO?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, standard offer which is competitive and the benefits are good.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

Applied online, was contacted a few days later for phone interview. Was then asked to come in for an interview and tour of the building with about 50 other candidates. Emailed a few days later to come in for a final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Which asset class would you most like to work in for Terminal Sales team and why   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

After applying online I was invited to a telephone interview. The guy I spoke to seemed to be quite uninterested (I assume he had spoken to a number of applicants before me). He asked me why I wanted to come work at Bloomberg and why I had chosen to apply for sales. He also asked me if I had any questions of my own; I had several which I believe was what got me invited to a second interview, i.e. the fact that I showed interest. There were no technical questions.

The second interview was at their head-office in London. We were given a presentation of the terminal and the position in question. We were then divided into smaller groups in which we "shadowed" people working in analytics for about 30 minutes. Before the day ended we each had an individual interview with two employees, one from analytics and one from sales. The questions were somewhat the same, I was asked to talk about my experiences and answer a bit more technical finance questions. We were roughly 25 people there and half of us went through to the final round.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2014.

4 Stages to the interview

Quick 15 minute phone call
    Face to face with a member from the analytics and the sales department,
    Another interview with more senior managers from each department,
    Finally an interview with a department head from the Sales or Analytics department.

The main theme that came across through all the stages was was what sets Bloomberg apart from its competitors in terms of the company and also the terminal. I would say you are almost certain to be asked to do a role play - either selling the BBG terminal or an interest/something they have picked from your CV. Do make sure you know the financial basics and knowledge of current events.

Interview Questions
    • Could you give me a summary of the sub-prime mortgage crash of 2008 and the reasons for why Greece was severely impacted.   Answer Question

Role appears to be little more than a help-desk

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I was contacted by HR a couple days after I applied for a phone interview. Just basic questions. Then I was invited for a 2nd round interview in NY. Included tour of the building, shadowing an analyst, then interview.

Interview Questions
    • tell me something thats not on your resume, talk about a current even being covered in the news right now   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

went through phone interview process.

was contacted a few days later asking me to come in for interviews and to see the offices.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview: Q. recent financial new that you are following in the markets? Whats the position? why sales? why finance?   View Answer