Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Nov 11, 2014

3.1

175 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2014.

Received interview invitation a week after I submitted my online application. They asked for my availability for interview at Hong Kong. Immediately after I replied them, I was being informed to attend the interview three days after. During the interview, we were divided into four groups with random seating. The interview was separated into few parts and lasted for one and a half hour. Firstly, everyone had a short 30seconds introduction of themselves. Then the current employees introduced the background of the company. Next we have group discussion on fishy tale ranking and current issue. At the end we conducted debate between each groups.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interviews were fast and efficient. Why Bloomberg and why role was the most prominent. Talk about having sales or customer related experiences. Try to show you are passionate about the firm and know its history. Know competitors and be able to pitch why BBG is the better option. Also make sure you can tell them how you would convince corporates that the BBG terminal is a value add as opposed to a cost. Also have an idea of new markets for BBG to explore.

Interview Questions
    • Role play involving multiple requests for help while at the terminal. One from trader, one from Bank of England analyst and another from hedge fund.   View Answer

Glorified call centre

Telephone interview.
    Questions are mostly motivational, such as why you choose us? why this department? She also asked about recent news. I did not prepare too much on the news but she asked a number of questions in relation to the news, so make sure you are fully prepared on what you want to talk about. Then she asked me about my sales experience but unfortunately I don't have any. After that she asked me whether I am interviewed by other companies and asked me the names of them!!! She did not ask any further questions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you being interviewed by other companies? Who are they?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

First round was a quick phone call, about 10 minutes long, basic questions just to make sure I was a human being. Made it through there, then, I had an interview on campus with 2 people, one from sales and the other from analytics. This was much harder, as they asked me questions pertaining to the Terminal and what makes it such a reliable product, and what I believe makes a product good, plus other questions concerning time management and prioritizing.

Made it past that round and had a final round. Shadowed a person working the job for about an hour, and then an interview with an analytics guy for about an hour, very financial intensive heavy, and one with a sales guy for 30 minutes, primarily behaviorial. Supposed to hear back in 2 weeks, so we'll see how things go.

Interview Questions
    • How do some of our end clients use Bloomberg? Give examples and a walk-through scenario   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2014.

Applied online (few basic questions of why Bloomberg, why me). Got an invitation for a telephone interview on the next day. An initial email communication was held with HR department, however I was interviewed by the manager of department. An interview lasted for 20 minutes and was generally pretty easy.
    I'm expected to hear from them within a week. Therefore no feedback on interview's success or failure.

Interview Questions
    • What non-financial companies would be interested in company's products and services?   Answer Question
    • Why Bloomberg?   Answer Question
    • What makes you want to work for Bloomberg rather for any other buy-side companies?
      As I'm doing a bit of spread trading the question was related to my strong choice and preference for Bloomberg rather then my desire of pursuing a career in trading.
        View Answer
    • What challenges do financial data providers face at the moment?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

The phone interview was last about 15 mins at around 11:30am in a morning. The lady who interviewed me talked like a "robot voice" in a very fast pace. The volume of her voices was low such that I have to ask her to repeat the questions. She gave a long description and statement ( in a really fast pace) before she asked every single question. Honestly, I can barely heard and got what she said. She sounded like in a hurry (maybe because she was really hungry). I was really surprised that Bloombery actually hired people like this as a recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about our competitor and their business strategies.
      Share me your opinions on News that your are following on our webpage.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Phone interview was quite basic, as already described. Why do you want to work here? / Why Bloomberg??; What do you know about Bloomberg?;

Most questions are listed already, some others came from my cv and answers, so it's rather pointless to list them, but beware of what you say, if you lie it might fire back.

Interview Questions
    • How can you sell Bloomberg to a group of strangers in a room when you have no time to prepare at all?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2014.

The process took a long time. I had to keep chasing them to let me know the status of the application. after 3 weeks of chasing, I got a mail from a recruiter inviting me to a telephone interview the following Monday. Based on the email I received, I was under the impression that the recruiter herself would carry out the telephone interview. But this was not the case. The guy who interviewed me seemed least interested and this created a sense of uncertainty and panic in my mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

first round was a phone call, very basic. Second round they flew me to nyc and I spent the morning at bloomberg, interviewed with two people and got a tour of the building. Haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch the bloomberg terminal to a class you took in college   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2014.

Applied online, they got back to me the next day arranging a phone interview. The phone interview included quite general questions: why Bloomberg, why this position, what makes Bloomberg different, who are the main competitors, what is the Bloomberg's range of products. The only more or less unexpected question was how to sell a Bloomberg terminal to a non-financial company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a Bloomberg terminal to a non-financial firm, e.g. BMW   Answer Question