Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

3.1

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

30 minutes phone call asking basic questions e.g. why Bloomberg? and what do you know about the role? Also asked some questions about Bloomberg's competitors like the Thomson Reuter Eikon.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer that is happy using their current Thomson Reuter Eikon?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in May 2015.

Interview

Position was in Beijing, China, but interviewer was from Hong Kong. Phone interview was conducted in English, and took about 20minutes -with 1 question in Chinese. Told to expect a response in two days.

Interview Questions

• Q: Introduce yourself.
      Q: Why are you interested in this position, and why Beijing?
      Q: What is leadership? Example of yours?
      Q: Tell me about a time you were innovative.
      Q: Sell me something in Chinese.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email telling me that I had got through to the telephone interview, and took it from there. They were very flexible when it came to availability, and worked around my schedule. The interview was very pleasant, but there was much more of a heavy focus on specialist terminology than I had anticipated.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I would do if a company was closing down its department that utilised hundreds of Bloomberg terminals. What I would do with the sudden influx of terminals that had no owner.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durban (South Africa)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Durban (South Africa)) in May 2015.

Interview

Was a 30 minute interview. The lady introduced me and asked me about my CV. And then questions about Bloomberg: why Bloomberg? Why finance? Bloomberg's competitors? Recent financial news story I've been following. Why do I want to work in sales?

Interview Questions

• If a client called and said that they wanted to close 30 Bloomberg terminals, how would you convince them not to?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Mumbai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call in 4 days. this was from an HR in Singapore. She asked general questions and asked me to come in for an interview at the Mumbai office.
    The interview was ok. awaiting a call for the next round.

Interview Questions

• run through the CV. Asked about the projects etc
      why bloomberg?
      why sales?
      what would be your dream job? (answer in context to the job applied, nothing else)
      Situational and behavioural questions. (such as how will you handle 3 queries at the same time)

1 Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online process was 4 rounds of interview, took 2 months+

First round: Phone, general resume walk through

Second round: 2 team leaders, took about 45mins. Nothing out of the blue, basic financial knowledge, scenario questions and emphasis on WHY BLOOMBERG

Third round: 2 managers, took an hour, more scenarios, resume in depth

Final round: Regional managers, more scenarios, took 30mins.

Make sure you know the product and the company very well. Feel free to ask HR for any general questions and tips.

Everyone was super lovely and willing to help, make sure you use the opportunity to ask questions.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Interview

Interview with the HR on the telephone. First, the HR sent me an email to schedule for a phone interview. I told him my availability which was also OK with him. As scheduled but a little bit late, he called me. Fist, I went through my experiences and then he asked some routine questions.

Anonymous Employee in London, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an invitation to a phone interview a few days later. Interviewer was a team leader in the department. The interview was meant to last 20 minutes (so I was told), though we may have used up a bit more time. Interviewer run through her professional background and then I was asked to do the same. I was then asked about my reasons for wanting to work in financial data, following my work experience outside the sector. She then proceeded to assessing what I know of the company itself, its products and services. Then, the role itself. Finally, the interviewer gauged my knowledge and interest in the financial sector, with reference to current financial news. I was given the chance to ask questions, but was also cautioned that there really was not enough time (almost like prompting me not to ask questions). I knew it before then, but at this point I was sure she was not keen on my application. Fair enough. I did quite badly that I would not have hired myself. So, only got past the phone interview. It wasn't particularly difficult. I was just neither prepared nor motivated enough.

Interview Questions

• What is the reasoning behind your decision to establish a career in the sector?
      What do you intend to do with the role after gaining the required skills and completing the training?

Answer Question
    • What can you tell me about Bloomberg?
      Have you used the Terminal?

Answer Question
    • Explain an ancillary Bloomberg service? (it was not worded this way, but that was the idea)   Answer Question
    • Who are Bloomberg's customers? How is Bloomberg helpful to them?   Answer Question
    • Who are Bloomberg's competitors?
      Have you used the products/services of Bloomberg's competitors?

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview: I prepared for this phone interview in one weeks based on the questions on this websites. However, HR who was calling from HK interrupted my answers. I felt very stressful and also she thought that I was doing wrong way since the role is sales rather than analysis.

Interview Questions

• Walk through your resume? This is not about finance career, why you apply?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2015.

Interview

Sent application. Got quick answer and interview time. The person interviewing me via phone did not seem very excited and gave no feedback. No conversation just question after question. Easy questions. Seems like they really want to make sure you are committed and really want to work at Bloomberg instead of bank. This is not really a finance job. It is customer service role and maybe someday in the future you will be able to sell the bloomberg terminal or do something related to finance and analytics.