Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

182 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Submitted application online, got an instant reply to schedule phone interview. HR called me up and conducted a 40 minutes interview about my motivation, financial knowledge and news. Interviewer asked a lot of questions and threw a lot of unexpected information at you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2014.

Phone interview: Relatively easy, just ensure that you have done your due research on bloomberg. She asked who their competitors were, what do I really know about this role, Why this sector and not banking? Tell me about yourself, What traits would make a good analyst, what is my level of financial knowledge from 1-10( the next qn is a follow up on this!) What are some of the recent news that is happening in the world right now?

Face to face: Asked qns related to my CV, asked what experience I have had with sales. Tested me with my second language( be prepared to be tested whatever you put on your cv basically) Which other companies I have applied for.

Interview Questions
    • When they tested me about the market conditions and crisis in my second language.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2010.

Phone interview for 30 mins, basic resume walk through with general HR representative. Called back for on-site interview within a week. Two same day interviews on-site. Offer within 1 week. One month all in.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2014.

Applied onlines, received email about 4 weeks later. Interviewed on the phone, pretty basic interview. Went in for the second round interview a week later. Haven't heard back yet, it's been over a week.

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

1.Group interview: How would you invest 10 million HKD? / character ranking activity
    2. Individual Interview: About CV, why bloomberg, and sales role playing

Generally chill environment. There were no harsh questions, and interviewers seemed kind, and friendly. Just be yourself for the first round of interview, and prepare some story lines that you can pull off during sales role playing

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the difference between options and forwards in a simplest way   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

First round interview was actually asking some basic informations, like your previous work experiences and some personal preferences of workplace. Hr just basically went through the whole resume that you provided with you, and asked you to explain the particular work you have done before in detail.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

3 rounds - analytics team who is specialised in one of the fields of finance, sales team, head of region

More technical job as it helps clients to use the terminal

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2014.

Received interview invitation a week after I submitted my online application. They asked for my availability for interview at Hong Kong. Immediately after I replied them, I was being informed to attend the interview three days after. During the interview, we were divided into four groups with random seating. The interview was separated into few parts and lasted for one and a half hour. Firstly, everyone had a short 30seconds introduction of themselves. Then the current employees introduced the background of the company. Next we have group discussion on fishy tale ranking and current issue. At the end we conducted debate between each groups.

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interviews were fast and efficient. Why Bloomberg and why role was the most prominent. Talk about having sales or customer related experiences. Try to show you are passionate about the firm and know its history. Know competitors and be able to pitch why BBG is the better option. Also make sure you can tell them how you would convince corporates that the BBG terminal is a value add as opposed to a cost. Also have an idea of new markets for BBG to explore.

Interview Questions
    • Role play involving multiple requests for help while at the terminal. One from trader, one from Bank of England analyst and another from hedge fund.   View Answer

Glorified call centre

Telephone interview.
    Questions are mostly motivational, such as why you choose us? why this department? She also asked about recent news. I did not prepare too much on the news but she asked a number of questions in relation to the news, so make sure you are fully prepared on what you want to talk about. Then she asked me about my sales experience but unfortunately I don't have any. After that she asked me whether I am interviewed by other companies and asked me the names of them!!! She did not ask any further questions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you being interviewed by other companies? Who are they?   Answer Question