Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

3.1

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Quite fast and professional, apply online and receive email and phone interview later, then got first and second round interview, the office environment is good since we are having an office tour, HR manager is polite and professional,

Interview Questions

• Whats a bond, personal vision and mission, strength and weaknesses   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on the Bloomberg website and it took a couple of weeks to hear back from them. Once I did hear back from them, I received an e-mail asking to schedule a phone interview. After that, I received the phone call from New York at the scheduled time. It was all straight forward, but I did not hear back for another two weeks after the initial phone interview. The process was very slow.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions mostly related to job and its functions: What you knew about it? Potential scenarios in sales and how you would address it. Also questioned on current market events and what stories you are following.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after few days I received an email, asking me when I am available for a telephone interview. The telephone interview was a pleasant experience, the topics were:
    1.Walk through my resume
    2. Why Bloomberg? sales? analytics?
    3. Bloomberg products
    4. Which newspapers am I reading? current topics and my opinion
    5. Who are the competitors of Bloomberg?Why is Bloomberg better then competitors?
    6.What makes good customer service?
    At the end she told me that she will put me in the next round, and one hour later I received an email inviting me to next interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Know products that Bloomberg is offering.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Quite quick, less than 3 months - 1st round with HR and then 3 rounds of interview ending with Head of Sales. Repetitive questions about background and why Bloomberg. Tested knowledge of financial markets and skills

Interview Questions

• Which company that could benefit from the terminal and which department would use it and how to sell it to them   1 Answer

Negotiation

Great pay and benefits. No need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

A phone interview for first round and in house meeting for second round. pretty much was prepared for it based on the questions found here. the interviewer asks a lot of scenario questions - i.e. how would you convince a non financial firm that bloomberg would benefit them

Interview Questions

• 1. why bloomberg
      2. why this role
      3. why not a bank
      4. some finance terms - difference between stocks and bonds
      5. relevant finance news

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Submitted Resume. They took a while to get back to me. About 3 weeks. Had an initial phone screening interview which was basic questions and interest in Bloomberg. Went to the office for Round 2. Was interviewed by 2 individuals. They ask about your interest in Sales and Bloomberg and what the terminal, products, and competitors are. You have to show that you are interested in economics, sales, business (i.e. took courses in college, follow business news and stats). Have to be enthusiastic about Bloomberg as well. Interview was over at 12pm so i knew i didn't make the next round. Also got to briefly shadow workers. You to engage with them and seem interested.

Interview Questions

• What is the Bloomberg terminal? It's competitiors   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Process was fairly typical. Started with a phone screen and then progressed to an in person with a couple of the employees - both in analytics and sales. There is then a video conference with the head of analytics on NYC. Process is fairly quick and efficient and you hear back quickly.

Interview Questions

• What kind of recent news have you been following in the world of finance?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions about the sales role? (Caught me off guard since I was concerned about the analytics role primarily)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Seems to be a set entry level salary for the role, adjusted for your location

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Ask very basic questions like why Bloomberg and etc. Make sure you have a lot of questions about Bloomberg because they want you too do most of the asking. Furthermore, they are very accurate with the time of the interview. If they tell you that they will call you between 11-12, they will call at 11 on the dot.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2015.

Interview

Many step process. Four interview rounds in total. Theme of each round seems to be different: in the phone interview they ask you basic concepts in finance. Quite an easy one. On the second round they emphasized different scenarios and tested your way of thinking. They helped a lot when I didn't give them the answer they were looking for right away but I believe the reason for that was to see how fast can I figure out what they're looking for. On the third round they really drilled into my knowledge in finance with bank-specific questions. Waiting for the fourth and last round interview.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of you working hard outside work and studies.
      Give us an example of you giving superb customer service.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through Application online. Then I got an offer for Phone interview which was 2 weeks later. I got invited for in- house interview the day I had phone interview. Then I went to the office for in-house. It has been 5 days since, but I did not get any e-mail, so I guess I may got rejected...

Interview Questions

• Typical Questions why Bloomberg, Why this role
      Understanding on the markets.
      Some situational questions... I can't remember but they read a paragraph and asked me what I remembered.
      They would ask your interest in certain area and if you answer, they you ask further questions.