Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014

3.1

150 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2010.

The interview process starts via a phone interview or on-campus interview. The first conversation gives the HR a chance to screen you. If you pass the first you have in-person interviews with individuals from various roles on the Helpdesk or in Sales.

Interview Questions
I did not negotiate since this was my first job out of college and it seemed very in line with the market considering I had a similar offer from Factset

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Had an initial phone interview with HR. Very quick and easy. Go over resume. What do you know about the role? Why do you want to work at Bloomberg? Then I got contacted to go up to New York for second round interview. Shadowed an analyst for an hour, had an hour interview with two people, then toured the building for an hour. During interview had to sell a new iPhone app I just bought, answer some what if scenarios about time management and prioritizing. Overall not bad. Got asked to come back in the afternoon for final round. Interviewed with one senior director. Much tougher than the previous interviews. Had to make another sales pitch. Asked how many computers do you think Bloomberg owns around the world.

Interview Questions
    • How many computers do you think Bloomberg owns globally?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

1 phone interview and then invited for superday where I interviewed with 2 managers.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

This was 4 years ago, keep this in mind:
    3 round interview:
    1 phone
    1 panel (1 with sales rep, 1 with analytics rep)
    1 in person with regional manager

You go in, get an idea of the culture in the department. You get to shadow other HELP DESK reps. You have to be super enthusiastic at all times, they like this.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a current event that you were interested in, why?   View Answer
    • Why Bloomberg?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation as a new hire, you get an offer that is standardized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

I applied online and approx 2 weeks later I got an email for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted around 10-15 minutes. Asked questions like Why Bloomberg, Go through your Resume, what news story are you following, why are you interested in sales, and what you know about the position you're applying for.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

applied online, heard back within a day, scheduled phone interview, HR was several minutes late for initial phone interview but it was very easy to talk with them. they also responded very promptly to all follow up emails. made it to final round in NY. impressed by culture and atmosphere

Interview Questions
    • role playing questions where asked to sell favorite iphone app   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Contacted by HR via phone, quick resume-based phone interview, followed by a "super-day" at HQ, including "speed dating"-style interviews, a tour, and Bloomberg tutorial. Lastly, final round with manager. Most interviews pivot around your willingness, ability to learn, work ethic, strengths in customer service, penchant for servicing clients, etc Mostly resume based throughout all stages.

Interview Questions
    • Questions change on a consistent basis, but are typically work ethic, integrety, etc based vs. detailed market knowledge.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Had one phone interview with someone from New York office. She was totally uninterested and extremely curt. Would ask a question like "Why Sales?" or "Why Bloomberg?" and then after I responded, would follow up with something like "But why do you want to do that?" or "Why is that?". She never said more than 10 words at a time, and could not have had a more indifferent attitude regarding the interview. It was like talking to a brick wall. Literally hearing echoes as she pried for me to repeat myself or explain what I had just said in different words. Brutal interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected -- all exactly what I would have guess: Why Bloomberg? Why this role? What is your understanding of the role? Why sales? What sales experience do you have? What does Bloomberg do?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

There was an initial 15 minute phone interview and then I was invited to an on campus interview two weeks later. That interview was mainly based off of behaviorial questions and was conducted by two members of the Sales and Analytics team. Two weeks after that, I was invited to a final round interview in New York.

Interview Questions
    • Understand what the position is about and why you are a good fit for this sales position.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

interview was pretty simple, I did not get the offer because I did not wanted it. So was not prepared at all for the interview. Why bloomberg? got to show some enthusiasm and sincere desire. I was discouraged also because the recruiter was kind of irresponsible and forgot to call me in the appointed date.