Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014

3.1

155 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

This was 4 years ago, keep this in mind:
3 round interview:
1 phone
1 panel (1 with sales rep, 1 with analytics rep)
1 in person with regional manager

You go in, get an idea of the culture in the department. You get to shadow other HELP DESK reps. You have to be super enthusiastic at all times, they like this.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a current event that you were interested in, why?   View Answer
  • Why Bloomberg?   View Answer
There is no negotiation as a new hire, you get an offer that is standardized.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

applied online, heard back within a day, scheduled phone interview, HR was several minutes late for initial phone interview but it was very easy to talk with them. they also responded very promptly to all follow up emails. made it to final round in NY. impressed by culture and atmosphere

Interview Questions
    • role playing questions where asked to sell favorite iphone app   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Contacted by HR via phone, quick resume-based phone interview, followed by a "super-day" at HQ, including "speed dating"-style interviews, a tour, and Bloomberg tutorial. Lastly, final round with manager. Most interviews pivot around your willingness, ability to learn, work ethic, strengths in customer service, penchant for servicing clients, etc Mostly resume based throughout all stages.

Interview Questions
    • Questions change on a consistent basis, but are typically work ethic, integrety, etc based vs. detailed market knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

I applied online and approx 2 weeks later I got an email for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted around 10-15 minutes. Asked questions like Why Bloomberg, Go through your Resume, what news story are you following, why are you interested in sales, and what you know about the position you're applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

1 phone interview and then invited for superday where I interviewed with 2 managers.

No negotiation.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

There was an initial 15 minute phone interview and then I was invited to an on campus interview two weeks later. That interview was mainly based off of behaviorial questions and was conducted by two members of the Sales and Analytics team. Two weeks after that, I was invited to a final round interview in New York.

Interview Questions
    • Understand what the position is about and why you are a good fit for this sales position.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through BBG website. Got an email from HR 2 days later and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview is basically behavioral questions: walk me through your resume, why this position, 5 words describing the company and why. Passed the first round got notification via email in 3 days. The second round is a Skype interview with Analytics department team leader. Similar behavior questions and a little bit more finance related questions. What is options, difference between features and forwards.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

interview was pretty simple, I did not get the offer because I did not wanted it. So was not prepared at all for the interview. Why bloomberg? got to show some enthusiasm and sincere desire. I was discouraged also because the recruiter was kind of irresponsible and forgot to call me in the appointed date.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through my school, had a phone interview and then was flown up to New York for their final round. Phone interview just consisted of asking what I knew about Bloomberg, my background, and what newspapers/magazines I read on a regular basis. Final round consisted of all of the candidates sitting in a room where they gave us a demo of the Bloomberg system. During the interview, asked some more behavioral questions and asked a few situation questions about stuff that could come up on the job. If you say that you've used the terminal before, they will follow up with questions about it, so be honest.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a sales pitch for the Bloomberg terminal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

I applied through Bloomberg's career site. I had a first round phone interview where they asked me mostly basic questions like "what do you know about Bloomberg?", "What are some characteristics of a good salesperson?" along with the obvious "tell me about yourself". The interview only lasted about 20 minutes.