Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

182 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

3 interviews

Initial phone interview
2 one-on-one interviews- 30 min
1 two-on-one interviews

HR was very disorganized. I initially was suppose to have the final interview the friday I had the 2 one-on-ones, but they completely ignored it and scheduled 3 weeks later during finals week. I had 2 40 min presentations and 2 finals. They really screwed me. I absolutely killed the first 2 interviews, I was not prepared for the final. My advice: Know about the company and the position well, and the difference between buy and sell side.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Step 1: Personality Test: Gives you 60 character traits and you have to rank which ones are most like you, kind of like you, slightly like you, and then the same for not like you.
    Step 2: Phone Interview: Simple questions about resume, why bloomberg, and the position. make sure you know about the position, and that it is about interfacing with clients/sales in addition to the finance aspect. They're trying to see if you're a good fit/that you really want Bloomberg
    Step 3: In person: 1 hour tour of facilities, terminal demonstration, and then two 1 on 1 interviews. show your interest throughout. one on one is with someone from sales/ someone from analytics. Sales will ask you about sales experience/sales based questions, and analytics will ask you about the "why finance" side of things and some questions about motivations for the job.
    Step 4: 2 on 1 with 2 managers in the analytics department. Much more difficult. Ask some critical thinking questions, are constantly on their phones trying to throw you off, and somewhat rude. Don't be phased by this; stay positive and polite and answer everything.

Interview Questions
    • why bloomberg?
      what's more important in sales? the client or the product?
      what do you know about the position?
      why finance?
      what is one story you have been following in the markets?
      what is the biggest misconception about you?
      how many terminals does bloomberg have internally?
      how would an airline company use the terminal?
      sell me something (could be college, iphone app, pen, etc.)

View Answer
    Didn't try negotiating because it's a set program. if you're coming out of college, fantastic benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

the hiring process is long., lack of communication from HR. Interviewers seems disinterested, asked the same questions over and over. The job seems boring and basically it's a customers service job, not related to finance field. However, the office is nice and some employees are really friendly ( not all ,though).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Had an initial phone interview with HR. Very quick and easy. Go over resume. What do you know about the role? Why do you want to work at Bloomberg? Then I got contacted to go up to New York for second round interview. Shadowed an analyst for an hour, had an hour interview with two people, then toured the building for an hour. During interview had to sell a new iPhone app I just bought, answer some what if scenarios about time management and prioritizing. Overall not bad. Got asked to come back in the afternoon for final round. Interviewed with one senior director. Much tougher than the previous interviews. Had to make another sales pitch. Asked how many computers do you think Bloomberg owns around the world.

Interview Questions
    • How many computers do you think Bloomberg owns globally?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

This was 4 years ago, keep this in mind:
    3 round interview:
    1 phone
    1 panel (1 with sales rep, 1 with analytics rep)
    1 in person with regional manager

You go in, get an idea of the culture in the department. You get to shadow other HELP DESK reps. You have to be super enthusiastic at all times, they like this.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a current event that you were interested in, why?   View Answer
    • Why Bloomberg?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation as a new hire, you get an offer that is standardized.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

applied online, heard back within a day, scheduled phone interview, HR was several minutes late for initial phone interview but it was very easy to talk with them. they also responded very promptly to all follow up emails. made it to final round in NY. impressed by culture and atmosphere

Interview Questions
    • role playing questions where asked to sell favorite iphone app   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Contacted by HR via phone, quick resume-based phone interview, followed by a "super-day" at HQ, including "speed dating"-style interviews, a tour, and Bloomberg tutorial. Lastly, final round with manager. Most interviews pivot around your willingness, ability to learn, work ethic, strengths in customer service, penchant for servicing clients, etc Mostly resume based throughout all stages.

Interview Questions
    • Questions change on a consistent basis, but are typically work ethic, integrety, etc based vs. detailed market knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

I applied online and approx 2 weeks later I got an email for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted around 10-15 minutes. Asked questions like Why Bloomberg, Go through your Resume, what news story are you following, why are you interested in sales, and what you know about the position you're applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

1 phone interview and then invited for superday where I interviewed with 2 managers.

No negotiation.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

There was an initial 15 minute phone interview and then I was invited to an on campus interview two weeks later. That interview was mainly based off of behaviorial questions and was conducted by two members of the Sales and Analytics team. Two weeks after that, I was invited to a final round interview in New York.

Interview Questions
    • Understand what the position is about and why you are a good fit for this sales position.   Answer Question