Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
135 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Contacted by HR via phone, quick resume-based phone interview, followed by a "super-day" at HQ, including "speed dating"-style interviews, a tour, and Bloomberg tutorial. Lastly, final round with manager. Most interviews pivot around your willingness, ability to learn, work ethic, strengths in customer service, penchant for servicing clients, etc Mostly resume based throughout all stages.

Interview Question – Questions change on a consistent basis, but are typically work ethic, integrety, etc based vs. detailed market knowledge.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had one phone interview with someone from New York office. She was totally uninterested and extremely curt. Would ask a question like "Why Sales?" or "Why Bloomberg?" and then after I responded, would follow up with something like "But why do you want to do that?" or "Why is that?". She never said more than 10 words at a time, and could not have had a more indifferent attitude regarding the interview. It was like talking to a brick wall. Literally hearing echoes as she pried for me to repeat myself or explain what I had just said in different words. Brutal interview.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected -- all exactly what I would have guess: Why Bloomberg? Why this role? What is your understanding of the role? Why sales? What sales experience do you have? What does Bloomberg do?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – There was an initial 15 minute phone interview and then I was invited to an on campus interview two weeks later. That interview was mainly based off of behaviorial questions and was conducted by two members of the Sales and Analytics team. Two weeks after that, I was invited to a final round interview in New York.

Interview Question – Understand what the position is about and why you are a good fit for this sales position.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Interview Details – interview was pretty simple, I did not get the offer because I did not wanted it. So was not prepared at all for the interview. Why bloomberg? got to show some enthusiasm and sincere desire. I was discouraged also because the recruiter was kind of irresponsible and forgot to call me in the appointed date.

Interview Question – first round behavioral questions- nothing hard   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Interview Details – After applying, I was contacted and given three possible dates to choose from for a phone interview. Next I was invited to an in person interview, tour, and terminal demonstration.

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Applied through BBG website. Got an email from HR 2 days later and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview is basically behavioral questions: walk me through your resume, why this position, 5 words describing the company and why. Passed the first round got notification via email in 3 days. The second round is a Skype interview with Analytics department team leader. Similar behavior questions and a little bit more finance related questions. What is options, difference between features and forwards.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through Bloomberg's career site. I had a first round phone interview where they asked me mostly basic questions like "what do you know about Bloomberg?", "What are some characteristics of a good salesperson?" along with the obvious "tell me about yourself". The interview only lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – What are the characteristics of a good salesperson?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a career fair and then applied through their website. I was then invited for a phone interview in a very informal manner it seem a sit was the same e-mail for everyone. The follow up e-mail to schedule a time for an interview didn't even state my name it started right at the body of the e-mail.

Interview Question – What do you do to follow the markets?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – Signed up for an interview through university career center and got an email from company recruiter for a phone interview. they set up a 3 hour period and the 15 minute call is sometime between that. most questions revolve around why bloomberg, why this position, why analytics, why sales? etc.

Interview Question – what financial news have you been following recently?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Applied through my school, had a phone interview and then was flown up to New York for their final round. Phone interview just consisted of asking what I knew about Bloomberg, my background, and what newspapers/magazines I read on a regular basis. Final round consisted of all of the candidates sitting in a room where they gave us a demo of the Bloomberg system. During the interview, asked some more behavioral questions and asked a few situation questions about stuff that could come up on the job. If you say that you've used the terminal before, they will follow up with questions about it, so be honest.

Interview Question – How would you make a sales pitch for the Bloomberg terminal?   Answer Question