Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

192 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

I applied through my university's career website. I was contacted a few days later as to what time I would be able to talk for 30 minutes. It was fairly basic. Asked me about my past experience, what I did. I spoke to a guy and he seemed genuinely interested with what I said. The conversation didn't last long. I more or less knew by the end that I was moved on to the next round, which was the next week. I had to arrive at 7:45 am, and more or less than were 40 people there. We were segmented into 3 groups, with different schedules: interview, terminal tutorial, floor tour in different orders. The interview is 1 hour long but is segmented into two 30 minute interviews with different people: one in sales and the other in analytics. I had read on previous glassdoor interview reviews that they tell you around midday who should stay or leave; that is how you know if you move on to the next round. We were all surprised when they told us to all go home and that they would let us know in a few days if we would go on to the final round. The final round was an individual interview. I first shadowed an employee who had been there for 1 year. It lasted about half another. I later had another interview with a team leader. He asked more specific questions about my resume and on sales. Apparently we hit it off because I had another interview with a team leader in sales. This was harder. There are not many meeting rooms available, so it wasn't too personal. It was noisy, the light made me feel sleepy, and sometimes we got kicked out of the room because someone had it reserved. Also, the meeting rooms had clear windows so everyone can see inside. Could be a bit distracting. In the end, they told me they would let me know in 24-48 hours if I got an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me what is something you wish you could have changed from your last job?   Answer Question
  • What is your favorite app right now? Try to sell me that app.   Answer Question
  • What do you want to get into in a few years?
    Why sales?

Answer Question
  • How do you keep up with the news? How do you think that current event will affect Bloomberg in sales?
    What is something in the market that you are interested in?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

had a phone interview, and after 2 weeks was contacted for super day. the phone interview was really short and the interviewer talked most of the time so I wasn't sure

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Bloomberg instead of go into Banking?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Applied online. Started with a very short 10min phone screening with HR, and quick online personality test.

Next round was an onsite interview at their NYC HQ, which included a terminal demonstration, tour of the building, and back to back interviews with two people from Sales & Analytics - 30min each. Standard questions - i.e. Why Bloomberg x100, why finance, basic behavioral questions, tell me recent news story, Bloomberg's competitors, etc.

Last round was a job shadow with a current analytics member (be sure to ask a lot of questions to show your interest) and a one-hour interview with two managers. Similar questions as the previous round + a sales role play for a phone app.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

Apply by the website.
    Was contacted by email for a first interview by phone with one person of the team. Questions about Bloomberg. Work situations ...
    2nd interview with 2 managers for 1 hour. Same question that everybody (technical and sales, why bloomberg, play role ...).
    Short process but don't really understood what they really wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about financial instruments and how they works. Position of Bloomberg on the market.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

The phone interview was last about 15 mins at around 11:30am in a morning. The lady who interviewed me talked like a "robot voice" in a very fast pace. The volume of her voices was low such that I have to ask her to repeat the questions. She gave a long description and statement ( in a really fast pace) before she asked every single question. Honestly, I can barely heard and got what she said. She sounded like in a hurry (maybe because she was really hungry). I was really surprised that Bloombery actually hired people like this as a recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about our competitor and their business strategies.
      Share me your opinions on News that your are following on our webpage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Step 1: Personality Test: Gives you 60 character traits and you have to rank which ones are most like you, kind of like you, slightly like you, and then the same for not like you.
    Step 2: Phone Interview: Simple questions about resume, why bloomberg, and the position. make sure you know about the position, and that it is about interfacing with clients/sales in addition to the finance aspect. They're trying to see if you're a good fit/that you really want Bloomberg
    Step 3: In person: 1 hour tour of facilities, terminal demonstration, and then two 1 on 1 interviews. show your interest throughout. one on one is with someone from sales/ someone from analytics. Sales will ask you about sales experience/sales based questions, and analytics will ask you about the "why finance" side of things and some questions about motivations for the job.
    Step 4: 2 on 1 with 2 managers in the analytics department. Much more difficult. Ask some critical thinking questions, are constantly on their phones trying to throw you off, and somewhat rude. Don't be phased by this; stay positive and polite and answer everything.

Interview Questions
    • why bloomberg?
      what's more important in sales? the client or the product?
      what do you know about the position?
      why finance?
      what is one story you have been following in the markets?
      what is the biggest misconception about you?
      how many terminals does bloomberg have internally?
      how would an airline company use the terminal?
      sell me something (could be college, iphone app, pen, etc.)

View Answer
    Didn't try negotiating because it's a set program. if you're coming out of college, fantastic benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

3 interviews

Initial phone interview
    2 one-on-one interviews- 30 min
    1 two-on-one interviews

HR was very disorganized. I initially was suppose to have the final interview the friday I had the 2 one-on-ones, but they completely ignored it and scheduled 3 weeks later during finals week. I had 2 40 min presentations and 2 finals. They really screwed me. I absolutely killed the first 2 interviews, I was not prepared for the final. My advice: Know about the company and the position well, and the difference between buy and sell side.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

the hiring process is long., lack of communication from HR. Interviewers seems disinterested, asked the same questions over and over. The job seems boring and basically it's a customers service job, not related to finance field. However, the office is nice and some employees are really friendly ( not all ,though).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Had an initial phone interview with HR. Very quick and easy. Go over resume. What do you know about the role? Why do you want to work at Bloomberg? Then I got contacted to go up to New York for second round interview. Shadowed an analyst for an hour, had an hour interview with two people, then toured the building for an hour. During interview had to sell a new iPhone app I just bought, answer some what if scenarios about time management and prioritizing. Overall not bad. Got asked to come back in the afternoon for final round. Interviewed with one senior director. Much tougher than the previous interviews. Had to make another sales pitch. Asked how many computers do you think Bloomberg owns around the world.

Interview Questions
    • How many computers do you think Bloomberg owns globally?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

This was 4 years ago, keep this in mind:
    3 round interview:
    1 phone
    1 panel (1 with sales rep, 1 with analytics rep)
    1 in person with regional manager

You go in, get an idea of the culture in the department. You get to shadow other HELP DESK reps. You have to be super enthusiastic at all times, they like this.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a current event that you were interested in, why?   View Answer
    • Why Bloomberg?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation as a new hire, you get an offer that is standardized.