Bloomberg L.P.

Getting the Interview

110 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a career fair and then applied through their website. I was then invited for a phone interview in a very informal manner it seem a sit was the same e-mail for everyone. The follow up e-mail to schedule a time for an interview didn't even state my name it started right at the body of the e-mail.

Interview Question – What do you do to follow the markets?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through Bloomberg's career site. I had a first round phone interview where they asked me mostly basic questions like "what do you know about Bloomberg?", "What are some characteristics of a good salesperson?" along with the obvious "tell me about yourself". The interview only lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – What are the characteristics of a good salesperson?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – Signed up for an interview through university career center and got an email from company recruiter for a phone interview. they set up a 3 hour period and the 15 minute call is sometime between that. most questions revolve around why bloomberg, why this position, why analytics, why sales? etc.

Interview Question – what financial news have you been following recently?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Applied through my school, had a phone interview and then was flown up to New York for their final round. Phone interview just consisted of asking what I knew about Bloomberg, my background, and what newspapers/magazines I read on a regular basis. Final round consisted of all of the candidates sitting in a room where they gave us a demo of the Bloomberg system. During the interview, asked some more behavioral questions and asked a few situation questions about stuff that could come up on the job. If you say that you've used the terminal before, they will follow up with questions about it, so be honest.

Interview Question – How would you make a sales pitch for the Bloomberg terminal?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

Interview Details – All the interviews conducted were not very technical but rather based on why you like Bloomberg and why you want to work here. Encouraged to want to go to sales as your career progression to become a revenue earner for the company.

Interview Question – No question was to difficult, especially if you know your resume and are somewhat interested in finance   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Applied through my school's network. About two weeks later I received an email saying I was selected for a phone interview. My original scheduled time for my phone interview I was not contacted. The HR contact told me she had to leave early but she did not notify me before hand. The next day I had my phone interview and it was a generic 15 minute personality interview. I was then contacted through my school that I had an on campus interview. It was a 2:1 interview where I was asked about my sales experience and my financial knowledge. Also gave me a situational question where I was asked which client I would help first and why.

Interview Question – Describe Fed Tapering and the current government shut down to a seven year old   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Process is very straightforward.

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

New York, NY

Interview Details – Applied on the university career website, phone interview, then interview superday at NY headquarters with two analysts.

Interview Question – Sales pitch   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed on the phone once then interviewed in person with two different people. Behavioral questions with few technical ones.

Interview Question – Asked to sell products on the spot.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Interview Details – They asked me to walk through my resume quickly then moved on to standard Sales questions. How did I overcome a specific sales scenario, what was the most difficult sale, why do I like Finance, discuss a current event in finance. I don't think it was too difficult but you still need to be prepared for those questions because they're practical and similar to real life examples.

Interview Question – Discuss a current event in the past 24 hours.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.