Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Nov 11, 2014

3.1

175 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through BBG website. Got an email from HR 2 days later and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview is basically behavioral questions: walk me through your resume, why this position, 5 words describing the company and why. Passed the first round got notification via email in 3 days. The second round is a Skype interview with Analytics department team leader. Similar behavior questions and a little bit more finance related questions. What is options, difference between features and forwards.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

interview was pretty simple, I did not get the offer because I did not wanted it. So was not prepared at all for the interview. Why bloomberg? got to show some enthusiasm and sincere desire. I was discouraged also because the recruiter was kind of irresponsible and forgot to call me in the appointed date.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through my school, had a phone interview and then was flown up to New York for their final round. Phone interview just consisted of asking what I knew about Bloomberg, my background, and what newspapers/magazines I read on a regular basis. Final round consisted of all of the candidates sitting in a room where they gave us a demo of the Bloomberg system. During the interview, asked some more behavioral questions and asked a few situation questions about stuff that could come up on the job. If you say that you've used the terminal before, they will follow up with questions about it, so be honest.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a sales pitch for the Bloomberg terminal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

I applied through Bloomberg's career site. I had a first round phone interview where they asked me mostly basic questions like "what do you know about Bloomberg?", "What are some characteristics of a good salesperson?" along with the obvious "tell me about yourself". The interview only lasted about 20 minutes.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

After applying, I was contacted and given three possible dates to choose from for a phone interview. Next I was invited to an in person interview, tour, and terminal demonstration.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through my school's network. About two weeks later I received an email saying I was selected for a phone interview. My original scheduled time for my phone interview I was not contacted. The HR contact told me she had to leave early but she did not notify me before hand. The next day I had my phone interview and it was a generic 15 minute personality interview. I was then contacted through my school that I had an on campus interview. It was a 2:1 interview where I was asked about my sales experience and my financial knowledge. Also gave me a situational question where I was asked which client I would help first and why.

Interview Questions
    • Describe Fed Tapering and the current government shut down to a seven year old   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Had one phone interview with someone from New York office. She was totally uninterested and extremely curt. Would ask a question like "Why Sales?" or "Why Bloomberg?" and then after I responded, would follow up with something like "But why do you want to do that?" or "Why is that?". She never said more than 10 words at a time, and could not have had a more indifferent attitude regarding the interview. It was like talking to a brick wall. Literally hearing echoes as she pried for me to repeat myself or explain what I had just said in different words. Brutal interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected -- all exactly what I would have guess: Why Bloomberg? Why this role? What is your understanding of the role? Why sales? What sales experience do you have? What does Bloomberg do?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Signed up for an interview through university career center and got an email from company recruiter for a phone interview. they set up a 3 hour period and the 15 minute call is sometime between that. most questions revolve around why bloomberg, why this position, why analytics, why sales? etc.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

I met a recruiter at a career fair and then applied through their website. I was then invited for a phone interview in a very informal manner it seem a sit was the same e-mail for everyone. The follow up e-mail to schedule a time for an interview didn't even state my name it started right at the body of the e-mail.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

started with a phone interview. Was asked the standard BBerg questions. Why Bloomberg? what do you like about our culture etc.

2 weeks later was brought into NY office. Did the standard shadowing of two differnt people working on the terminals. Then had the interview with 3 "Account Managers".

Did not ask anything overly difficult. Had a list of of very standard and marginally relevant interview questions. Like how many terminals are in the world?

Interview Questions
    • How many bloomberg terminals are in the world?   View Answer