Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
148 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Interview Details – After applying, I was contacted and given three possible dates to choose from for a phone interview. Next I was invited to an in person interview, tour, and terminal demonstration.

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Applied through BBG website. Got an email from HR 2 days later and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview is basically behavioral questions: walk me through your resume, why this position, 5 words describing the company and why. Passed the first round got notification via email in 3 days. The second round is a Skype interview with Analytics department team leader. Similar behavior questions and a little bit more finance related questions. What is options, difference between features and forwards.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through Bloomberg's career site. I had a first round phone interview where they asked me mostly basic questions like "what do you know about Bloomberg?", "What are some characteristics of a good salesperson?" along with the obvious "tell me about yourself". The interview only lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – What are the characteristics of a good salesperson?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a career fair and then applied through their website. I was then invited for a phone interview in a very informal manner it seem a sit was the same e-mail for everyone. The follow up e-mail to schedule a time for an interview didn't even state my name it started right at the body of the e-mail.

Interview Question – What do you do to follow the markets?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – Signed up for an interview through university career center and got an email from company recruiter for a phone interview. they set up a 3 hour period and the 15 minute call is sometime between that. most questions revolve around why bloomberg, why this position, why analytics, why sales? etc.

Interview Question – what financial news have you been following recently?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Applied through my school, had a phone interview and then was flown up to New York for their final round. Phone interview just consisted of asking what I knew about Bloomberg, my background, and what newspapers/magazines I read on a regular basis. Final round consisted of all of the candidates sitting in a room where they gave us a demo of the Bloomberg system. During the interview, asked some more behavioral questions and asked a few situation questions about stuff that could come up on the job. If you say that you've used the terminal before, they will follow up with questions about it, so be honest.

Interview Question – How would you make a sales pitch for the Bloomberg terminal?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

Interview Details – All the interviews conducted were not very technical but rather based on why you like Bloomberg and why you want to work here. Encouraged to want to go to sales as your career progression to become a revenue earner for the company.

Interview Question – No question was to difficult, especially if you know your resume and are somewhat interested in finance   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Applied through my school's network. About two weeks later I received an email saying I was selected for a phone interview. My original scheduled time for my phone interview I was not contacted. The HR contact told me she had to leave early but she did not notify me before hand. The next day I had my phone interview and it was a generic 15 minute personality interview. I was then contacted through my school that I had an on campus interview. It was a 2:1 interview where I was asked about my sales experience and my financial knowledge. Also gave me a situational question where I was asked which client I would help first and why.

Interview Question – Describe Fed Tapering and the current government shut down to a seven year old   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Process is very straightforward.

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

New York, NY

Interview Details – Applied on the university career website, phone interview, then interview superday at NY headquarters with two analysts.

Interview Question – Sales pitch   Answer Question