Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions & Reviews

149 interviews

3.1

149 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

After applying, I was contacted and given three possible dates to choose from for a phone interview. Next I was invited to an in person interview, tour, and terminal demonstration.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through BBG website. Got an email from HR 2 days later and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview is basically behavioral questions: walk me through your resume, why this position, 5 words describing the company and why. Passed the first round got notification via email in 3 days. The second round is a Skype interview with Analytics department team leader. Similar behavior questions and a little bit more finance related questions. What is options, difference between features and forwards.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

I applied through Bloomberg's career site. I had a first round phone interview where they asked me mostly basic questions like "what do you know about Bloomberg?", "What are some characteristics of a good salesperson?" along with the obvious "tell me about yourself". The interview only lasted about 20 minutes.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

I met a recruiter at a career fair and then applied through their website. I was then invited for a phone interview in a very informal manner it seem a sit was the same e-mail for everyone. The follow up e-mail to schedule a time for an interview didn't even state my name it started right at the body of the e-mail.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Signed up for an interview through university career center and got an email from company recruiter for a phone interview. they set up a 3 hour period and the 15 minute call is sometime between that. most questions revolve around why bloomberg, why this position, why analytics, why sales? etc.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through my school, had a phone interview and then was flown up to New York for their final round. Phone interview just consisted of asking what I knew about Bloomberg, my background, and what newspapers/magazines I read on a regular basis. Final round consisted of all of the candidates sitting in a room where they gave us a demo of the Bloomberg system. During the interview, asked some more behavioral questions and asked a few situation questions about stuff that could come up on the job. If you say that you've used the terminal before, they will follow up with questions about it, so be honest.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a sales pitch for the Bloomberg terminal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

All the interviews conducted were not very technical but rather based on why you like Bloomberg and why you want to work here. Encouraged to want to go to sales as your career progression to become a revenue earner for the company.

Interview Questions
    • No question was to difficult, especially if you know your resume and are somewhat interested in finance   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through my school's network. About two weeks later I received an email saying I was selected for a phone interview. My original scheduled time for my phone interview I was not contacted. The HR contact told me she had to leave early but she did not notify me before hand. The next day I had my phone interview and it was a generic 15 minute personality interview. I was then contacted through my school that I had an on campus interview. It was a 2:1 interview where I was asked about my sales experience and my financial knowledge. Also gave me a situational question where I was asked which client I would help first and why.

Interview Questions
    • Describe Fed Tapering and the current government shut down to a seven year old   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2013.

Phone interview. Process is very straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Applied on the university career website, phone interview, then interview superday at NY headquarters with two analysts.