Bloomberg L.P.

Getting the Interview

111 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Was asked to come into New York offices after initial phone interview, a few days later they canceled it without meeting me because they had already hired enough people.

Interview Question – What financial story are you following in the news?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

Interview Details – Rather typical interview process. Good for entry level

Interview Question – Why Bloomberg over and over again   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, was contacted by HR, and had a phone interview several days earlier. It was a very basic interview - i.e. "tell me about your resume, why sales, why Bloomberg." There was not much more to it than that. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview, but declined as I was interviewing elsewhere, and was not very interested in the position.

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult/unexpected questions. Just be able to explain why/how you may be successful in sales, and how this position fits into your career aspirations.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2012.

Interview Details – Basic behavioral questions. Answer WHY Bloomberg and WHY you at Bloomberg

Answer the basics

Tell me about
 a time when you worked in a team
 a time when you needed to convince others
 a time when you failed
 a time when you overcame a challenge
 a time when you dealt with someone who would not get back to you

Interview Question – What makes you a good sales person?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by an HR representative for a phone interview. The representative was not super friendly and somewhat hard to read over the phone. I thought I did well but did not get invited for any further interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

Interview Details – Basic questions like why you want to work for Bloomberg, why sales, why are you leaving your current job, etc. They then called two days later and set up an in person interview. A week after that they cancelled it saying "we are reviewing our headcount". Never even got in the door.

Interview Question – Can you tell me what you know about Bloomberg?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview went well, answered questions well. The interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was directed to apply online through my university career website. A couple weeks after I applied, I received an email asking me when I was free for a 15 min phone interview. I set it up for a week later, and it consisted of a few basic questions such as Why Bloomberg? That night itself I received an email inviting me to a regional final round interview event a week later. They took care of flights and put me in a really nice hotel. The event had around 25-30 kids there. All the event consisted of was a presentation on the company and terminal and a 30 minute interview with two people. The questions were basic such as Why sales? and What makes a good salesmen? They also asked about what financial news I was following, so be prepared for that. I received a phone call with an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at the internship level

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of personality questions, followed by a run-down of sales and financial experiences on my resume. The position was for a job in San Francisco, for their sales and analytics internship position. It sounded like Bloomberg is looking for sales experience related to finance. Toward the end of the interviewing process, the interviewer asked me what I knew about Bloomberg and any of the divisions I am interested in. Make sure you study the company's history and current investment tools for investing. Bloomberg, L.P. has a great name in the finance industry, so I found the internship process to be competitive.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about Bloomberg L.P.?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2011.

Interview Details – First phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Questions were mostly situational (i.e. name a time at work where you came across a problem and solved it, how do you think customer service should be handled, why Bloomberg?) No technical questions, or really about finance whatsoever. Mostly WHY Bloomberg, what intrigued you about the position, and why sales/analytics? Got offered a second round interview, which is in a few days at the main office in NYC.

Interview Question – Tell me about a problem and a creative solution you came up with to fix it?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.