Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
133 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

Interview Details – All the interviews conducted were not very technical but rather based on why you like Bloomberg and why you want to work here. Encouraged to want to go to sales as your career progression to become a revenue earner for the company.

Interview Question – No question was to difficult, especially if you know your resume and are somewhat interested in finance   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Applied through my school's network. About two weeks later I received an email saying I was selected for a phone interview. My original scheduled time for my phone interview I was not contacted. The HR contact told me she had to leave early but she did not notify me before hand. The next day I had my phone interview and it was a generic 15 minute personality interview. I was then contacted through my school that I had an on campus interview. It was a 2:1 interview where I was asked about my sales experience and my financial knowledge. Also gave me a situational question where I was asked which client I would help first and why.

Interview Question – Describe Fed Tapering and the current government shut down to a seven year old   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Process is very straightforward.

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Applied on the university career website, phone interview, then interview superday at NY headquarters with two analysts.

Interview Question – Sales pitch   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed on the phone once then interviewed in person with two different people. Behavioral questions with few technical ones.

Interview Question – Asked to sell products on the spot.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Interview Details – They asked me to walk through my resume quickly then moved on to standard Sales questions. How did I overcome a specific sales scenario, what was the most difficult sale, why do I like Finance, discuss a current event in finance. I don't think it was too difficult but you still need to be prepared for those questions because they're practical and similar to real life examples.

Interview Question – Discuss a current event in the past 24 hours.   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Was asked to come into New York offices after initial phone interview, a few days later they canceled it without meeting me because they had already hired enough people.

Interview Question – What financial story are you following in the news?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

Interview Details – Rather typical interview process. Good for entry level

Interview Question – Why Bloomberg over and over again   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, was contacted by HR, and had a phone interview several days earlier. It was a very basic interview - i.e. "tell me about your resume, why sales, why Bloomberg." There was not much more to it than that. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview, but declined as I was interviewing elsewhere, and was not very interested in the position.

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult/unexpected questions. Just be able to explain why/how you may be successful in sales, and how this position fits into your career aspirations.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2012.

Interview Details – Basic behavioral questions. Answer WHY Bloomberg and WHY you at Bloomberg

Answer the basics

Tell me about
 a time when you worked in a team
 a time when you needed to convince others
 a time when you failed
 a time when you overcame a challenge
 a time when you dealt with someone who would not get back to you

Interview Question – What makes you a good sales person?   View Answer