Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
138 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2012.

Interview Details – Basic behavioral questions. Answer WHY Bloomberg and WHY you at Bloomberg

Answer the basics

Tell me about
 a time when you worked in a team
 a time when you needed to convince others
 a time when you failed
 a time when you overcame a challenge
 a time when you dealt with someone who would not get back to you

Interview Question – What makes you a good sales person?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by an HR representative for a phone interview. The representative was not super friendly and somewhat hard to read over the phone. I thought I did well but did not get invited for any further interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

Interview Details – Basic questions like why you want to work for Bloomberg, why sales, why are you leaving your current job, etc. They then called two days later and set up an in person interview. A week after that they cancelled it saying "we are reviewing our headcount". Never even got in the door.

Interview Question – Can you tell me what you know about Bloomberg?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview went well, answered questions well. The interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was directed to apply online through my university career website. A couple weeks after I applied, I received an email asking me when I was free for a 15 min phone interview. I set it up for a week later, and it consisted of a few basic questions such as Why Bloomberg? That night itself I received an email inviting me to a regional final round interview event a week later. They took care of flights and put me in a really nice hotel. The event had around 25-30 kids there. All the event consisted of was a presentation on the company and terminal and a 30 minute interview with two people. The questions were basic such as Why sales? and What makes a good salesmen? They also asked about what financial news I was following, so be prepared for that. I received a phone call with an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at the internship level

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of personality questions, followed by a run-down of sales and financial experiences on my resume. The position was for a job in San Francisco, for their sales and analytics internship position. It sounded like Bloomberg is looking for sales experience related to finance. Toward the end of the interviewing process, the interviewer asked me what I knew about Bloomberg and any of the divisions I am interested in. Make sure you study the company's history and current investment tools for investing. Bloomberg, L.P. has a great name in the finance industry, so I found the internship process to be competitive.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about Bloomberg L.P.?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2011.

Interview Details – First phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Questions were mostly situational (i.e. name a time at work where you came across a problem and solved it, how do you think customer service should be handled, why Bloomberg?) No technical questions, or really about finance whatsoever. Mostly WHY Bloomberg, what intrigued you about the position, and why sales/analytics? Got offered a second round interview, which is in a few days at the main office in NYC.

Interview Question – Tell me about a problem and a creative solution you came up with to fix it?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

Interview Details – First received a phone call from HR Rep wanting to talk for 15 min. Very basic questions - why bloomberg? what do they do? why sales? who are there competition? what's a financial news story you've been keeping up with? Really only on the phone for 10-15 min. Next round was in person on campus, very similar questions. Why Bloomberg? Why sales? What could you bring to the position? Where else are you interviewing? Most important skills for sales? and then some resume questions. Again, entirely behavioral. Since it's a client relationship position, I think they're just looking to see if you're sociable and easy to talk to. About two weeks later, get an email where they fly you up to NY for an on-site interview. Morning consists of touring around office building and shadowing someone on the help desk. makes it seem like not such a great job because you're literally spending your all day every day at a computer answering questions as fast as you can on the bloomberg messaging system. after that, you go for quick 30 min 2 on 1 interview and that's it. totally behavioral. if they like you, they keep you the rest of the day for more interviews, but if they don't they send you home after that one interview.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview was very brief. It can catch you off guard. They introduce themselves and ask right off the bat, walk me through your resume and why Bloomberg. Only lasts about five minutes. Moving on to second round 1:1 interviews this week.

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview of very basic questions, then flown out for 3 one on one interviews. Mostly personality/fit, but wanted to know opinions of markets based on my past experience.

Interview Question – Do you see the economy picking up at all in the next 6 months?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a later start date but only when offered. Don't negotiate here- they pay all entry levels the same, and if you don't want it they can very easily find another who will accept offer. Very competitive positions.