Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

182 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied on the university career website, phone interview, then interview superday at NY headquarters with two analysts.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2013.

Phone interview. Process is very straightforward.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Was asked to come into New York offices after initial phone interview, a few days later they canceled it without meeting me because they had already hired enough people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

They asked me to walk through my resume quickly then moved on to standard Sales questions. How did I overcome a specific sales scenario, what was the most difficult sale, why do I like Finance, discuss a current event in finance. I don't think it was too difficult but you still need to be prepared for those questions because they're practical and similar to real life examples.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a current event in the past 24 hours.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

All the interviews conducted were not very technical but rather based on why you like Bloomberg and why you want to work here. Encouraged to want to go to sales as your career progression to become a revenue earner for the company.

Interview Questions
    • No question was to difficult, especially if you know your resume and are somewhat interested in finance   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

I applied online, was contacted by HR, and had a phone interview several days earlier. It was a very basic interview - i.e. "tell me about your resume, why sales, why Bloomberg." There was not much more to it than that. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview, but declined as I was interviewing elsewhere, and was not very interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult/unexpected questions. Just be able to explain why/how you may be successful in sales, and how this position fits into your career aspirations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied online and was contacted by an HR representative for a phone interview. The representative was not super friendly and somewhat hard to read over the phone. I thought I did well but did not get invited for any further interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2012.

Basic behavioral questions. Answer WHY Bloomberg and WHY you at Bloomberg

Answer the basics

Tell me about
     a time when you worked in a team
     a time when you needed to convince others
     a time when you failed
     a time when you overcame a challenge
     a time when you dealt with someone who would not get back to you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

Basic questions like why you want to work for Bloomberg, why sales, why are you leaving your current job, etc. They then called two days later and set up an in person interview. A week after that they cancelled it saying "we are reviewing our headcount". Never even got in the door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2012.

I was directed to apply online through my university career website. A couple weeks after I applied, I received an email asking me when I was free for a 15 min phone interview. I set it up for a week later, and it consisted of a few basic questions such as Why Bloomberg? That night itself I received an email inviting me to a regional final round interview event a week later. They took care of flights and put me in a really nice hotel. The event had around 25-30 kids there. All the event consisted of was a presentation on the company and terminal and a 30 minute interview with two people. The questions were basic such as Why sales? and What makes a good salesmen? They also asked about what financial news I was following, so be prepared for that. I received a phone call with an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at the internship level