Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014

3.1

169 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Was asked to come into New York offices after initial phone interview, a few days later they canceled it without meeting me because they had already hired enough people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

They asked me to walk through my resume quickly then moved on to standard Sales questions. How did I overcome a specific sales scenario, what was the most difficult sale, why do I like Finance, discuss a current event in finance. I don't think it was too difficult but you still need to be prepared for those questions because they're practical and similar to real life examples.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a current event in the past 24 hours.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

All the interviews conducted were not very technical but rather based on why you like Bloomberg and why you want to work here. Encouraged to want to go to sales as your career progression to become a revenue earner for the company.

Interview Questions
    • No question was to difficult, especially if you know your resume and are somewhat interested in finance   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

I applied online, was contacted by HR, and had a phone interview several days earlier. It was a very basic interview - i.e. "tell me about your resume, why sales, why Bloomberg." There was not much more to it than that. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview, but declined as I was interviewing elsewhere, and was not very interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult/unexpected questions. Just be able to explain why/how you may be successful in sales, and how this position fits into your career aspirations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied online and was contacted by an HR representative for a phone interview. The representative was not super friendly and somewhat hard to read over the phone. I thought I did well but did not get invited for any further interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2012.

Basic behavioral questions. Answer WHY Bloomberg and WHY you at Bloomberg

Answer the basics

Tell me about
     a time when you worked in a team
     a time when you needed to convince others
     a time when you failed
     a time when you overcame a challenge
     a time when you dealt with someone who would not get back to you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

Basic questions like why you want to work for Bloomberg, why sales, why are you leaving your current job, etc. They then called two days later and set up an in person interview. A week after that they cancelled it saying "we are reviewing our headcount". Never even got in the door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2012.

I was directed to apply online through my university career website. A couple weeks after I applied, I received an email asking me when I was free for a 15 min phone interview. I set it up for a week later, and it consisted of a few basic questions such as Why Bloomberg? That night itself I received an email inviting me to a regional final round interview event a week later. They took care of flights and put me in a really nice hotel. The event had around 25-30 kids there. All the event consisted of was a presentation on the company and terminal and a 30 minute interview with two people. The questions were basic such as Why sales? and What makes a good salesmen? They also asked about what financial news I was following, so be prepared for that. I received a phone call with an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at the internship level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2011.

First phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Questions were mostly situational (i.e. name a time at work where you came across a problem and solved it, how do you think customer service should be handled, why Bloomberg?) No technical questions, or really about finance whatsoever. Mostly WHY Bloomberg, what intrigued you about the position, and why sales/analytics? Got offered a second round interview, which is in a few days at the main office in NYC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a problem and a creative solution you came up with to fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

First received a phone call from HR Rep wanting to talk for 15 min. Very basic questions - why bloomberg? what do they do? why sales? who are there competition? what's a financial news story you've been keeping up with? Really only on the phone for 10-15 min. Next round was in person on campus, very similar questions. Why Bloomberg? Why sales? What could you bring to the position? Where else are you interviewing? Most important skills for sales? and then some resume questions. Again, entirely behavioral. Since it's a client relationship position, I think they're just looking to see if you're sociable and easy to talk to. About two weeks later, get an email where they fly you up to NY for an on-site interview. Morning consists of touring around office building and shadowing someone on the help desk. makes it seem like not such a great job because you're literally spending your all day every day at a computer answering questions as fast as you can on the bloomberg messaging system. after that, you go for quick 30 min 2 on 1 interview and that's it. totally behavioral. if they like you, they keep you the rest of the day for more interviews, but if they don't they send you home after that one interview.