Bloomberg L.P.

111 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analytics and Sales Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details – Online application followed by a 20 minute phone interview and a face to face meeting ( if based in London ) or video conference. I was initially booked for f2f in London, however they have re-scheduled it for me so I could attend from Edinburgh office.
Phone interview was very generic/basic
• CV Walkthrough
• Why Bloomberg?
• What do you know about the company?
• What do you know about the role?
• What’s the difference between good and great customer service?
• How do you keep up to date with financial news?
• How would you rate your financial knowledge on a scale from 1 to 10
Also the interviewer mentioned that he’d normally ask questions about financial markets ( general knowledge ) however because I had a degree in Investments Analysis he said he’s not going to bother.
Face to face / video conference ( 1 hour )
Similar questions at the beginning– why Bloomberg , why this role, what do you know about the company, what do you know about this role.
• Then few more detailed questions
• What are Bloomberg products?
• How would you sell a Bloomberg terminal to a Turkish Airline?
This went into a bit more details. They were asking about the factors that influence FX rate flucation, how can you hedge a risk, how a company can use financial data.
• How would you convince a customer to switch from cheaper competitor product to Bloomberg?
• If you had customers requesting a meeting, one that wanted to cancel subscription and a new customer, which meeting would you attend first and why?
• What products could you use to hedge risk and how they work? ( futures, options etc )
• Tell me about an article / news story that have interested you in the last week?
Interviewers were very nice ( 15 minutes late though ) and it was a pleasant interview. Still waiting to hear back if I was successful ( they will let me know in the next 2/3 days )
The last stage is f2f interview in the London office. Overall very positive experience.

Interview Question – How would you sell a Bloomberg terminal to a Turkish Airline?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews. It was a bit strange as normally phone interview should be one.
Also questions were almost same...

Questions: why you want this position, what do you know about Bloomberg, what is your career plan etc...

It took more than 2 months to hear from feedback.

I sent e-mails to HR but they just ignored...although at first HR sent an e-mail to me through e-financial career website. Also I visited Bloomberg to know more about company.

It was disappointing and frustrating.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Interview Details – The process started with a phone interview. Very standard, with quick questions about the company, my profile/motivations (15min).
Then I had a 2-1 interview, with more detailed questions about the company (positioning, strenghs, competition), my motivations/abilities, how to sell bloom to a small company not using it, this job vs a banking job, interest in the financial markets. Now Im waiting for the final 2-1 interview.

Interview Question – How would you sell the terminal?   Answer Question

Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the Financial Sales and Analytics for the Tokyo office.
The interview only took about 15 minutes and the questions were very basic.
Why I want to work for Bloomberg?
What type of career interests you in the future?
What is a Financial Sales and Analytics position?

The first half of the interview was conducted in Japanese and then later half in English.
What are your strengths and how can you use them at Bloomberg.

Again very basic interview.
Took a week and a half from interview to get a email from them.

Interview Question – Make sure to practice your answers in both English and Japanese   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, half in English and half in Japanese, with the standard questions - why Bloomberg, why finance, what are your goals working at this company etc. Also simple finance questions e.g. what is the difference between a stock and a bond, explain what an option is. The Japanese questions were largely the same questions so seems to have been more a test of Japanese ability than further information finding.

Two one to one interviews on separate days. The first was sales focused and there were a number of questions asking how I would sell Bloomberg over a competitor. They also asked me to talk about current business and finance stories - reading the Financial Times or similar for a week beforehand would be adequate preparation.

The second one to one interview was more personality and skill based. This involved a number of mathematical questions, none difficult (what is 15 squared, what is 35% of 20), and further queries on recent financial news.

Interview Question – Who is the CEO of General Electric   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

Interview Details – Telephone interview questions: Focus around motivations for working at Bloomberg and in this particular role, your understanding of the role and your knowledge of the financial markets. Tell me about key skills that make you a suitable candidate for the role. Who are Bloomberg competitors and tell me about the recent news.

Interview Question – the interview last about 15 minutes and the HR was very nice and calm the nervous environment.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Interview Details – 4 interview rounds. 1 initial phone interview with HR, then 3 more with team members at the office I was applying for, all phone or conference call since office was overseas. Overall a pleasant experience, process was longer than I expected. Mostly behavioral questions. They really emphasize fit, both for the company and for the position. For FSA, make sure you prepare for a hypothetical sales / customer service call roleplay scenario - very likely will come up. I underprepared for that part and didn't get past the final round.

Interview Question – Hypothetical roleplay with you being a Bloomberg rep and interviewer being angry client wanting to cancel Bloomberg subscription.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – application was easy to file. the usual questions you would expect of any application.

quick response from HR following submission. had a brief phone interview with HR, then was invited for first round of face to face interview. interview questions were diverse. from personal experiences to more technical questions. very much catered to your own profile. interviewers basically out to grill you.

Interview Question – sell me <product name>.   Answer Question

London, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview and in house interview

Why finance
Why Bloomberg Is different
Latest new

In house interview:
Sell a bloomberg terminal that someone use reuters
Example of sales something
Example of problem solver
What is bloomberg tradebook and clients
What is asset management
Different between option and future
1 to 10 your finance knowledge please do not say 10
The las test iPo
  Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later, I received an email for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I received another invitation for the second round with two of their managers. The people were very nice and friendly, and I had a great time.

Interview Question – What can you propose to exceed the expectations for your position?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.