Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014

3.1

155 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

I applied online and after 1-2 months I received an invitation for a phone interview. It was easy, lasted about 20 minutes. Questions included: why Bloomberg, why this position, what do you know about the company.
The next day I received an invitation to attend an in-house interview in their HQ in NYC. They put me in a nice hotel and the interviewers were very nice. First, I shadowed 2 employees on the Analytics team and then the interview, which was very short, 30 minutes at most. It was a 2:1 interview and they asked mostly competency-based questions. I really liked the atmosphere at the office and I thought I did well, they were smiling and nodding all the time, but obviously wasn't good enough.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

Rather typical interview process. Good for entry level

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of personality questions, followed by a run-down of sales and financial experiences on my resume. The position was for a job in San Francisco, for their sales and analytics internship position. It sounded like Bloomberg is looking for sales experience related to finance. Toward the end of the interviewing process, the interviewer asked me what I knew about Bloomberg and any of the divisions I am interested in. Make sure you study the company's history and current investment tools for investing. Bloomberg, L.P. has a great name in the finance industry, so I found the internship process to be competitive.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about Bloomberg L.P.?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2010.

The interview process starts via a phone interview or on-campus interview. The first conversation gives the HR a chance to screen you. If you pass the first you have in-person interviews with individuals from various roles on the Helpdesk or in Sales.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate since this was my first job out of college and it seemed very in line with the market considering I had a similar offer from Factset

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2010.

Phone interview of very basic questions, then flown out for 3 one on one interviews. Mostly personality/fit, but wanted to know opinions of markets based on my past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see the economy picking up at all in the next 6 months?   View Answer
    Negotiated a later start date but only when offered. Don't negotiate here- they pay all entry levels the same, and if you don't want it they can very easily find another who will accept offer. Very competitive positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2009.

Interviewed on the phone once then interviewed in person with two different people. Behavioral questions with few technical ones.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Went through an employee referral scheme - phone interview within 2 days, followed by an interview at the offices the following week. Very efficient process. The interview was with two employees and it lasted just over an hour. They asked motivation questions, why Bloomberg and not an investment bank? There was also a sales scenario with regards to the Bloomberg Terminal.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a terminal to an insurance underwriter?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

apply on their official website
    after a week, got the telephone interview. Then get the vedio conference interview in next week
    First run:telephone interview (15 mins) - common questions, like go through your resume, why bloomberg, what this position about, any other products of bloomberg
    Second run: vedio-conference interview (1 hour)

Interview Questions
    • do you think some large corporation will buy the terminal   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

The recruiter got back to me quickly after submitting my application. I was surprised that it only took 3 or 4 days. It was a very basic interview, she called me on the phone and asked the usual questions like "Could you walk me through your resume?" and "Why do you want to work for Bloomberg?" She wasn't an animated interviewer at all, and I heard it in her voice that she already done a whole bunch of interviews earlier that day. Other than that, the whole thing lasted around 20-30 minutes.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2014.

- online application
    - they got back to me the next day and arrange a telephone interview for 4 days later
    - telephone interview conducted by HR about 20 mins basic motivations and skill questions
    1. Why Bloomberg?
    2. What skills do you think you can offer?
    3. What does Bloomberg have over their competitors?
    4. When are you available to start if you are successful?
    5. Do you have experience of customer service?

- a week later invited to the 1st in house interview
    (30 min shadowing [use this time to your benefit to ask as many qu's as you can before the main interview as it is not a test!] + 1hr interview with 2 interviewers)
    1. Why Bloomberg?
    2. What products do Bloomberg offer?
    3. Who are Bloomberg's competitors?
    4. Have you ever experienced a time you could not please a customer?
    5. How has your past experience in customer service relate to what your position entails?
    6. What career path would you like to go down in the future?
    7. Why this position?
    8. What have you gathered the analytics team does from the shadowing you had?

- didn't make it to the 2nd in house interview :'(

The people were nice in general. Interviewers were nice, the man was a bit poker face and drills deeper into the answers you give, the woman was a bit more open, having more of a conversation with you.

Interview Questions
    • 1. How is the Ukraine crises affecting the Mumbai economy?
      2. What effect is the Scottish independence likely to have in China?
        Answer Question