Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2014

3.1

169 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2011.

The phone interview was very brief. It can catch you off guard. They introduce themselves and ask right off the bat, walk me through your resume and why Bloomberg. Only lasts about five minutes. Moving on to second round 1:1 interviews this week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2011.

The interview went well, answered questions well. The interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

I applied online and after 1-2 months I received an invitation for a phone interview. It was easy, lasted about 20 minutes. Questions included: why Bloomberg, why this position, what do you know about the company.
    The next day I received an invitation to attend an in-house interview in their HQ in NYC. They put me in a nice hotel and the interviewers were very nice. First, I shadowed 2 employees on the Analytics team and then the interview, which was very short, 30 minutes at most. It was a 2:1 interview and they asked mostly competency-based questions. I really liked the atmosphere at the office and I thought I did well, they were smiling and nodding all the time, but obviously wasn't good enough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

Rather typical interview process. Good for entry level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of personality questions, followed by a run-down of sales and financial experiences on my resume. The position was for a job in San Francisco, for their sales and analytics internship position. It sounded like Bloomberg is looking for sales experience related to finance. Toward the end of the interviewing process, the interviewer asked me what I knew about Bloomberg and any of the divisions I am interested in. Make sure you study the company's history and current investment tools for investing. Bloomberg, L.P. has a great name in the finance industry, so I found the internship process to be competitive.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about Bloomberg L.P.?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2010.

The interview process starts via a phone interview or on-campus interview. The first conversation gives the HR a chance to screen you. If you pass the first you have in-person interviews with individuals from various roles on the Helpdesk or in Sales.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate since this was my first job out of college and it seemed very in line with the market considering I had a similar offer from Factset

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2010.

Phone interview of very basic questions, then flown out for 3 one on one interviews. Mostly personality/fit, but wanted to know opinions of markets based on my past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see the economy picking up at all in the next 6 months?   View Answer
    Negotiated a later start date but only when offered. Don't negotiate here- they pay all entry levels the same, and if you don't want it they can very easily find another who will accept offer. Very competitive positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2009.

Interviewed on the phone once then interviewed in person with two different people. Behavioral questions with few technical ones.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Phone interview was quite basic, as already described. Why do you want to work here? / Why Bloomberg??; What do you know about Bloomberg?;

Most questions are listed already, some others came from my cv and answers, so it's rather pointless to list them, but beware of what you say, if you lie it might fire back.

Interview Questions
    • How can you sell Bloomberg to a group of strangers in a room when you have no time to prepare at all?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Three rounds of interview: the first one was a phone interview, the second one was a panel interview, and the third one was an one-to-one. In general, the interview process was quite quick, I knew my interview result within 2 days. Interviewers were quite friendly. The interviews focused a lot on asking about my cv.

Interview Questions
    • Why you chose to study your current course, but not maths? Since you said you like to calculate.   Answer Question