Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Nov 11, 2014

3.1

175 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2011.

First phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Questions were mostly situational (i.e. name a time at work where you came across a problem and solved it, how do you think customer service should be handled, why Bloomberg?) No technical questions, or really about finance whatsoever. Mostly WHY Bloomberg, what intrigued you about the position, and why sales/analytics? Got offered a second round interview, which is in a few days at the main office in NYC.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a problem and a creative solution you came up with to fix it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

First received a phone call from HR Rep wanting to talk for 15 min. Very basic questions - why bloomberg? what do they do? why sales? who are there competition? what's a financial news story you've been keeping up with? Really only on the phone for 10-15 min. Next round was in person on campus, very similar questions. Why Bloomberg? Why sales? What could you bring to the position? Where else are you interviewing? Most important skills for sales? and then some resume questions. Again, entirely behavioral. Since it's a client relationship position, I think they're just looking to see if you're sociable and easy to talk to. About two weeks later, get an email where they fly you up to NY for an on-site interview. Morning consists of touring around office building and shadowing someone on the help desk. makes it seem like not such a great job because you're literally spending your all day every day at a computer answering questions as fast as you can on the bloomberg messaging system. after that, you go for quick 30 min 2 on 1 interview and that's it. totally behavioral. if they like you, they keep you the rest of the day for more interviews, but if they don't they send you home after that one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2011.

The phone interview was very brief. It can catch you off guard. They introduce themselves and ask right off the bat, walk me through your resume and why Bloomberg. Only lasts about five minutes. Moving on to second round 1:1 interviews this week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2011.

The interview went well, answered questions well. The interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

I applied online and after 1-2 months I received an invitation for a phone interview. It was easy, lasted about 20 minutes. Questions included: why Bloomberg, why this position, what do you know about the company.
    The next day I received an invitation to attend an in-house interview in their HQ in NYC. They put me in a nice hotel and the interviewers were very nice. First, I shadowed 2 employees on the Analytics team and then the interview, which was very short, 30 minutes at most. It was a 2:1 interview and they asked mostly competency-based questions. I really liked the atmosphere at the office and I thought I did well, they were smiling and nodding all the time, but obviously wasn't good enough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2011.

Rather typical interview process. Good for entry level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of personality questions, followed by a run-down of sales and financial experiences on my resume. The position was for a job in San Francisco, for their sales and analytics internship position. It sounded like Bloomberg is looking for sales experience related to finance. Toward the end of the interviewing process, the interviewer asked me what I knew about Bloomberg and any of the divisions I am interested in. Make sure you study the company's history and current investment tools for investing. Bloomberg, L.P. has a great name in the finance industry, so I found the internship process to be competitive.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about Bloomberg L.P.?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2010.

The interview process starts via a phone interview or on-campus interview. The first conversation gives the HR a chance to screen you. If you pass the first you have in-person interviews with individuals from various roles on the Helpdesk or in Sales.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate since this was my first job out of college and it seemed very in line with the market considering I had a similar offer from Factset

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2010.

Phone interview of very basic questions, then flown out for 3 one on one interviews. Mostly personality/fit, but wanted to know opinions of markets based on my past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see the economy picking up at all in the next 6 months?   View Answer
    Negotiated a later start date but only when offered. Don't negotiate here- they pay all entry levels the same, and if you don't want it they can very easily find another who will accept offer. Very competitive positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2009.

Interviewed on the phone once then interviewed in person with two different people. Behavioral questions with few technical ones.