Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.1

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

started with a phone interview. Was asked the standard BBerg questions. Why Bloomberg? what do you like about our culture etc.

2 weeks later was brought into NY office. Did the standard shadowing of two differnt people working on the terminals. Then had the interview with 3 "Account Managers".

Did not ask anything overly difficult. Had a list of of very standard and marginally relevant interview questions. Like how many terminals are in the world?

Interview Questions
  • How many bloomberg terminals are in the world?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied on the university career website, phone interview, then interview superday at NY headquarters with two analysts.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2013.

Phone interview. Process is very straightforward.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Was asked to come into New York offices after initial phone interview, a few days later they canceled it without meeting me because they had already hired enough people.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

They asked me to walk through my resume quickly then moved on to standard Sales questions. How did I overcome a specific sales scenario, what was the most difficult sale, why do I like Finance, discuss a current event in finance. I don't think it was too difficult but you still need to be prepared for those questions because they're practical and similar to real life examples.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a current event in the past 24 hours.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

All the interviews conducted were not very technical but rather based on why you like Bloomberg and why you want to work here. Encouraged to want to go to sales as your career progression to become a revenue earner for the company.

Interview Questions
    • No question was to difficult, especially if you know your resume and are somewhat interested in finance   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

I applied online, was contacted by HR, and had a phone interview several days earlier. It was a very basic interview - i.e. "tell me about your resume, why sales, why Bloomberg." There was not much more to it than that. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview, but declined as I was interviewing elsewhere, and was not very interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult/unexpected questions. Just be able to explain why/how you may be successful in sales, and how this position fits into your career aspirations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied online and was contacted by an HR representative for a phone interview. The representative was not super friendly and somewhat hard to read over the phone. I thought I did well but did not get invited for any further interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2012.

Basic behavioral questions. Answer WHY Bloomberg and WHY you at Bloomberg

Answer the basics

Tell me about
     a time when you worked in a team
     a time when you needed to convince others
     a time when you failed
     a time when you overcame a challenge
     a time when you dealt with someone who would not get back to you

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

Basic questions like why you want to work for Bloomberg, why sales, why are you leaving your current job, etc. They then called two days later and set up an in person interview. A week after that they cancelled it saying "we are reviewing our headcount". Never even got in the door.