Bloomberg L.P. Financial Sales and Analytics Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 4, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online app - phone interview (analytics team leader) - 1st In house (sales manager? + analytics team leader) - 2nd in house (uk sales manager + analytics specialist) - final round (european head of analytics)

Telephone interview was really really easy. About 10 min and it was basically the team leader telling me about the firm and introducing herself. 2 hours later I got an email saying I passed, arranged in work shadowing and house interview in a week.

I did not feel that good about my 1st in house interview, but I got really good feedback after that, and I heard back in 2,3 days with an email saying I got invited for another round of interview.

I definitely felt it went BAD for my 2nd house interview but I passed again - sometimes they just grill you a little to see how you react i guess. Got a phone call 2 days after confirming date for final round.

My final round with head of analytics was amazing, she was such an inspiring person and it felt like chatting instead of having an interview. In the end she asked me if I had any questions and my final question was when should I expect to hear back from them and she said Now, YOU GOT THE JOB.

Every single round focused on Why Bloomberg and Why Sales. Need to come across as really passionate about working with people, client management/client service, etc. and that you care about the firm and really passionate about the firm. Prepare these two questions and you got 50% of the interviews.

Other stuff:
- your experiences/ CV run down: this depends on your experience, they just wanna see what you have done that's going you help you contribute to the firm, what skills you developed - the normal stuff.

- Bloomberg products: I got asked in both in-house interviews how would Bloomberg help an industrial firm. Focus your answer on investor relations, as in, every public firm needs to publish their annual reports through somewhere for investors to see, AND every firm needs to keep track of how their competitors are performing, and Bloomberg provides that. Other than that, talk about risk control and cash management.

- current financial affair: very minimal, occasionally slip in one,two sentences in your answers and they won't ask more. For example, when I was talking about industrial firms can use Bloomberg to reduce foreign exchange risk, I mentioned that the Krona appreciate (that same week )a great deal so a european firm with debt in Krona just lost some money there.

- financial concept: I rated my finance knowledge 5 out of 10, so they asked me to differentiate bond and stock, which was a really easy one. Just be honest, if you don't know it's totally fine.

Interview Questions

• What makes you excited to sell Bloomberg? (I said I never thought about that, she did NOT like that...)
    You know sometimes you don't use FCF for DCF, what *do* you use then? (I said I don't know. He goes, fine.)

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the Bloomberg Career website. I was able to receive a reply within 3 weeks.

I took part in two interviews, first one was a HR phone interview and second interview was in-person interview at the London office.

The phone interview was a general personal question centered interview, questions included,
    1. Walk me through your resume.
    2. what is financial services.
    3. Why Bloomberg
    4. What are the key skills required to work at Bloomberg
    5. Why would coca-cola use the terminal.
    6. Who are the competitors of Bloomberg
    7. Pros and Cons of Bonds and shares
    8. Any questions?

The second interview which occurred at the London office included 30 minutes of shadowing. The people were extremely friendly and gave me many tips for the interview and information about the interviewers.

The questions were mostly similar to that of the phone interview, but they put extreme emphasis on why you wanted to join bloomberg. I think they wanted a very original answer.
    Also, the interview included a role-play.
    Second round was more challenging.

Interview Questions

• 1. Walk me through your resume.
      2. what is financial services.
      3. Why Bloomberg
      4. What are the key skills required to work at Bloomberg
      5. Why would coca-cola use the terminal.
      6. Who are the competitors of Bloomberg
      7. Pros and Cons of Bonds and shares
      8. Any questions?

Application

Interview

4 round interview. First by the phone, then I was invited for second round at the Finsbury square offices in London: I met a guy who made me the shadowing, then met an analytis team leader. Third round is 2 managers: one from Analytic one from sales - that's the most important interview
     If you make it through the last one - you got it

Interview Questions

• Why are you interesed in Bloomberg?
      Why Bloomberg and not a bank?
      What other products -a part from the Bloomberg terminal- do you know?
      Questions about the current economic situation

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email telling me that I had got through to the telephone interview, and took it from there. They were very flexible when it came to availability, and worked around my schedule. The interview was very pleasant, but there was much more of a heavy focus on specialist terminology than I had anticipated.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I would do if a company was closing down its department that utilised hundreds of Bloomberg terminals. What I would do with the sudden influx of terminals that had no owner.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

i was contacted by a recruiting agent and asked if i was interested in the job. they were looking for a candidate looking to relocate to dubai after a year or two. the process was easy although the questions weren't exactly what i was expecting, and the phone interview lasted 10 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

1. 1st Round Phone interview with the HR, 2. 1st In-house interview with two managers (Sales & Analytics), 3. 2nd In-house interview with two senior managers (Sales & Analytics), 4. Waiting on the last in-house interview! Make sure you know why you want to work at Bloomberg, why you want this role, what you can bring, and prepare lots of scenario questions!

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg, What do you know about Bloomberg, Why do you want to leave current company (as I am trying to change my career), Bloomberg's Products, Why Sales, Why Financial Analytics & Sales, What are the qualities do you have that make you suitable for this role, Current Events, Scenario Questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application through the Bloomberg website. A telephone interview conducted by HR a week later, and then a 2:1 interview three days after this. I did not get past this stage.

Interview Questions

• General competencies, but they expanded on your answers so the conversation often lead into different avenues.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied Online
    Most of the questions were motivational and competency based.
    It was a 40min phone interview and the interviewer was very friendly.
    After the interview she gave also tips for the next round, which was really nice.
    I could prepare for most the questions through glassdoor.
    So for everyone who is applying for Bloomberg,
    it is highly recommendable to read through the reviews here.
    I passed the phone interview, but still waiting for the next invitation email.

If a company wants to raise fund what options they have?
    What are pro/contras raising fund with shares/bonds?
    If there is an angry client what would you do?
    Essential traits/skills a sales person need
    What would a non-financial corporate do with Bloomberg Terminal?

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg
      What do you know about Bloomberg
      What is Bloomberg Tradebook
      Difference between Terminal and Tradebook
      An article you recently read

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

phone interview + 3 rounds in house interview. phone interview was easy, the interviewer had a list of questions and the whole process only lasted 30 mins. in house interviewers were nice. questions were basically focused on motivation, knowledge of the company, its products and competitors, basic financial knoledge and customer service and sales skills.

Interview Questions

• why BBG, why this role? what do you know about BBG and its competitors? finance news that you are interested in. tell a case that you sold something successfully and three key success factors. how to prioritize different customers when questions come in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview then face to face. Positive experience and team was really kind and helpful. The interviewer was really pleasant, friendly and knew her stuff. When she realised I had misunderstood a question she rephrased it and let me re-answer which was helpful. They said the turnaround would be 1-2 days and got back to me within 4 hours to let me know I'd passed.

Interview Questions

• Company info, motivational, wider market/finance knowledge.   Answer Question