Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

It was the standard procedure. First a phone interview and then interview at their headquarters in NYC. Not particularly difficult. I enjoyed the trip to NYC. They asked me brain teasers some programming questions in C++ and some algorithms questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I got an on campus interview and the recruiter ask me several technical questions. I think it is a basic algorithm and I answered it. The people are very nice and friendly.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I talked with representatives of Bloomberg at a career fair on campus. They had me do a quick coding test in person – how to find the character that occurred the most in an array. I handed them my resume and they said they’d look it over. After about a week or so of applying I was emailed about a phone interview. I was asked almost exclusively about C++, including questions about pointers, inheritance, and polymorphism.

Ultimately I was a bit too nervous and stumbled over some easy problems.

Interview Questions
    • How do you find the middle of a linked list, rounding up in the case of an odd number of items but with no differentiation between an even or odd number?   View Answers (2)

Financial Software Developer Interview

Applied online. Got a technical coding question on phone interview and a question on general data structures. After two days, heard back from them asking me to fly to NY for an in-house interview.

Interview Questions
    • Find repeating characters in string. Count occurrences of number in a stream of numbers. Print elements of a linked list in a particular order. Eg: 2-4-5-6-7-10-13 . output - "2,4-7,10,13". If the numbers are consecutive print the starting and ending number of the range, otherwise print the numbers as such in the form of string   View Answers (2)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Got an on-campus interview after talking to them at the career fair. First round technical with two people passed and the second round is the very next day, again with two other people. After that, its supposed to be another techinical interview with their manager. I just had the second round and not yet received any feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Reverse Integer, Two LinkedList intersects with each other, general question about heap, Buy and sell stock, Fabonacci, find the smallest common mutiples of two numbers.   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Applied online. Recruiter reached out to me about a phone screen. The phone screen involved a Hackerrank coding tool and the interviewer pasted code onto the editor window. After passing the phone screen, they flew me out to their headquarters in NYC for an on-site interview. For the on-site interview, I was asked to write code on a piece of paper. I believe there are three back-to-back technical interviews and then an interview with HR to indicate that you passed. If you fail any one of the interviews, you are issued out of the building. Bloomberg paid for my flight as well as a one night stay in a hotel.

Interview Questions
    • Implement a function to raise a number to an exponent using your language of choice.   View Answers (2)
    • Given a binary tree, find the maximum difference in depth between the nodes in the tree.   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I have applied online to Bloomberg L.P. Later I got an email Scheduling my Telephonic Interview.
    Total, One Telephonic Round and after that I was called for In house interview where I attended , two in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Telephonic Round was basically regarding my college projects, I was asked implement the logic on the project.
      In house interview, First round, 1) output of a/b in string format, incase it has recursion output that part between ( ). 2) First largest and second largest number in a series.
      Second Round 1) Logic to implement the feature Frequently used websites on a browser.
      2) How to find a cycle in a linked list and why use fast pointer that goes twice as fast as the slow one and not thrice it speed or four times its speed.

View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

On campus interview. I applied through career fair. They gave me an on campus the next day. Interview was with two people. Fairly direct and straightfoward. The interview itself was about 45 minutes. I assume if you continued they would have a back to back interview afterwards

Interview Questions
    • Find the smallest two values in an array   View Answer
    • How to tell if a series of parenthesis is valid   View Answer

Financial Software Developer Interview

Applied online through my schools job portal. A couple months later I received an email asking for a phone interview. My first interview was cancelled so I then had to reschedule to a couple weeks later. The interview was 45 minutes long and not to bad. Asked questions about past experience and related course work. Was a strictly technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that calculates the specific value in a tree.   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

1 phone screen and 1 on-site. At on-site, I had two interviews and was asked to leave after the second interview. It was a fairly standard technical interview, but I feel my answers in the on-site interview took me a little longer than it should have.

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of integers, all from 1 to n, except for 2 which are marked as "0", find the 2 values that are missing.
      For example, for n = 5: arr = [1,5,0,0,3] => the two missing values are 2 and 4.

View Answer