Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Average Difficulty
245 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – Very professional and they are very quick in announcing their results

Interview Question – Questions covered basic algorithms and data structures   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews. 2 very technical interviews asking questions on algorithm complexity.

Interview Question – Sorting complexity.   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Campus 2:1 interview. It took one hour. Asked about SQL and Linux commands. Some questions about pipe and redirects. One question asked me to write a code to implement "echo".

Interview Question – Programming question: given a m by n grade, how many possible paths are there from (0, 0) to (m, n). Can only move in two directions, right and down.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – Campus job interview was a streamlined version of actual interview. So it helped me land in a job quickly

Financial Software Developer

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – Questions about resume then 1 Prog Question on Data structures   View Answer

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – Basic algorithm questions, linked list, find prime numbers, number of zeros in the end of n!. Need to code with paper and pencil. Not very hard comparing to other IT companies.
Object oriented design problem. Not hard, just apply the ood principle and proper design patterns.
Many behavior question such as why bloomberg, what is 5yrs goal, 10yrs goal, how to be a leader.

Interview Question – Josephus problem. Not easy to get the trick if see it for the first time.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – Applied at Senior year at the career fair. They called me after 2 weeks and invited me to New York and had interview and I was offered.

Interview Question – What is the greatest challenge of providing financial information to customers?   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – One online test, picking from C/C++/Java/C#, not so easy.
Then one phone interview, asked a lot of questions, not hard, but need to be well prepared.
Then onsite interview. 3 arounds. Most of the time is solving basic algorithm problems.

Interview Question – reverse a string by words, find the only duplicates in the range of [1-n]   View Answer

Financial Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – 1 online test, 1 phone interview, and followed by an onsite interview

Interview Question – Questions about multithread   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – One technical phone interview. Basic topics covered. Java, unix, C/C++, OO Design etc.

In house interview consisted of two interviews. Both were technical. First consisted of small programming tasks. A method implementation, and error troubleshooting.

The second was to develop an algorithm. My question was to find the first unique 8bit element in an array.

Interview Question – An algorithm to find the first unique element in an array of 8 bit values.   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!