Bloomberg L.P.

Getting the Interview

241 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process was pretty straightforward, I applied through their career link and few days later had a phone interview consisiting of just one technical question and they kept digging into the solution.

Interview Question – US football teams and ranks based on them? Display the top 10 teams?   Answer Question

Duluth, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through a career fair. Was contacted in two weeks and finally had a phone interview two weeks later.

Interview Question – Given four arrays containing any number of random intergers, find the intersection of the four arrays. Asked to improve the time complexity till they were satisfied.   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – I filled out an application on the company website and was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview. This took place two or three weeks after applying. Eight days later I had the interview.

The interview was technical, consisting of story problems to solve. Some of the questions had multiple parts. Because the interview was meant to last 45 minutes, there was time pressure and the recruiter would not move on to the next question until I had answered the current question to his satisfaction. When I suggested a less efficient solution for a problem, he would not move on until I found his solution. If I struggled with a question hints or clarification would be given.

Interview Question – You have 25 horses and a racetrack where you can only race 5 horses at a time. You can only get qualitative comparisons of horses (e.g. horse A is faster than horse B), not actual race times. How can you determine the three fastest horses with the fewest races?   View Answers (5)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – famous top-k questions and ask about my resume   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2013.

Interview Details – on campus face to face interview: why bloomberg? some IQ questions.
Then phone interview: how to find duplicate number in an array.

Interview Question – IQ questions   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Met them at the college career fair. called in for an on-campus interview the next day and another the day after that.
Got a reject email a week later

Interview Question – Regular programming type questions. Delete a node from a linked list, sort 2 sorted arrays, reverse the words in a string.
Another was to find the longest word (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) in an
n x n matrix of letters
  Answer Question

Financial Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied at career fair, got a response after a couple weeks for an in-person interview. Interviewer asked about linked-lists and basic details about what I was interested in. I wrote my answer in Java but the position was for a C++ position. Another person I know was asked questions about bit-shifting and C programming.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Met someone at a campus career fair and left them my resume. Was contacted after a few months via email asking if I wanted an on campus interview.

Interview Question – Write code for a C program that takes in roman numerals and outputs decimal numbers.   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met the company reps during the university career fair and was immediately scheduled for on campus interviews. There were three rounds of interviews with the standard set of data structure questions. The third round was mix of HR and tech. I did well in all the three (at least I thought so from my answers and their responses), but got a reject mail 3 days later.

Interview Question – Find the first non-repeated number in an array.   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Interview Details – Scheduled oncampus interview and two ppl interviewed for one hour.

No introduction of themselves,no introduction of the position for which I was being interviewed and looked uninterested.

Asked two coding questions and were continously emphasizing on lowering down the complexity.

Interview Question – Remove consecutive duplicates in a string inplace and less than O(n)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not interested in profile

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.