Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

3.2

254 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

Applied through a career fair. Was contacted in two weeks and finally had a phone interview two weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • Given four arrays containing any number of random intergers, find the intersection of the four arrays. Asked to improve the time complexity till they were satisfied.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

The process was pretty straightforward, I applied through their career link and few days later had a phone interview consisiting of just one technical question and they kept digging into the solution.

Interview Questions
    • US football teams and ranks based on them? Display the top 10 teams?   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Met them at the college career fair. called in for an on-campus interview the next day and another the day after that.
    Got a reject email a week later

Interview Questions
    • Regular programming type questions. Delete a node from a linked list, sort 2 sorted arrays, reverse the words in a string.
      Another was to find the longest word (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) in an
      n x n matrix of letters
        Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Met someone at a campus career fair and left them my resume. Was contacted after a few months via email asking if I wanted an on campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • Write code for a C program that takes in roman numerals and outputs decimal numbers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Scheduled oncampus interview and two ppl interviewed for one hour.

No introduction of themselves,no introduction of the position for which I was being interviewed and looked uninterested.

Asked two coding questions and were continously emphasizing on lowering down the complexity.

Interview Questions
    • Remove consecutive duplicates in a string inplace and less than O(n)   Answer Question

Not interested in profile

Financial Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Bloomberg came to my school career fair. I chatted with a representative, ended up getting an interview out of it. The first two interviews were both about an hour technical. The first one had a few questions about prior experience, while the second one was over an hour straight of writing code. The third interview was half technical and half behavioral. They were very timely in getting back to me about the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • If you have two very large integers, how do you calculate the product if the product is too large to be represented by your computer program.   View Answer

Financial Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Met the company reps during the university career fair and was immediately scheduled for on campus interviews. There were three rounds of interviews with the standard set of data structure questions. The third round was mix of HR and tech. I did well in all the three (at least I thought so from my answers and their responses), but got a reject mail 3 days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Submitted my resume at an on-campus career fair, and got a call several days later to schedule a on-campus interview the next morning. Talked with 6 recruiters the next day. After about five days, got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not many, mostly technical questions focusing on coding, two or three behavioral questions such as why Bloomberg and what's most important for you other than money etc. I use Java though Bloomberg uses C++ most.   View Answers (2)
    The package is generous for a new graduate, I didn't plan to negotiate....

Financial Software Developer Interview

First talked about my previous experience, meanly about a project I did last semester. The recruiter generate a problem about sorting and ask me to write the code on a piece of paper and then think of testing cases to test the program. A second question is about find the first duplicated digit in an integer.

Interview Questions
    • I was not very confident to implement a sorting algorithm, so I just write a bubble sort.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

5 round of interviews. All face to face.
    They provide a bunch of courses about C++ and Equity. The instructors are great and have a whole lot of experience.
    Allow long enough time for you to make your own decision if you get an offer. Don't push people at all.