Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014

3.3

248 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Phone Interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I filled out an application on the company website and was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview. This took place two or three weeks after applying. Eight days later I had the interview.

The interview was technical, consisting of story problems to solve. Some of the questions had multiple parts. Because the interview was meant to last 45 minutes, there was time pressure and the recruiter would not move on to the next question until I had answered the current question to his satisfaction. When I suggested a less efficient solution for a problem, he would not move on until I found his solution. If I struggled with a question hints or clarification would be given.

Interview Questions
    • You have 25 horses and a racetrack where you can only race 5 horses at a time. You can only get qualitative comparisons of horses (e.g. horse A is faster than horse B), not actual race times. How can you determine the three fastest horses with the fewest races?   View Answers (5)

Financial Software Developer Interview

Phone interview asking basic C++ questions and some HR ones (why do you want to work for Bloomberg) followed by an on-site interview at their London office. On-site interview consisted of 2 technical interviews where they asked some simple algorithmic problems and asked to write some code on paper, plus a few questions on C++.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2013.

on campus face to face interview: why bloomberg? some IQ questions.
    Then phone interview: how to find duplicate number in an array.

Financial Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Applied at career fair, got a response after a couple weeks for an in-person interview. Interviewer asked about linked-lists and basic details about what I was interested in. I wrote my answer in Java but the position was for a C++ position. Another person I know was asked questions about bit-shifting and C programming.

Financial Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Met them at the college career fair. called in for an on-campus interview the next day and another the day after that.
    Got a reject email a week later

Interview Questions
    • Regular programming type questions. Delete a node from a linked list, sort 2 sorted arrays, reverse the words in a string.
      Another was to find the longest word (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) in an
      n x n matrix of letters
        Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Met someone at a campus career fair and left them my resume. Was contacted after a few months via email asking if I wanted an on campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • Write code for a C program that takes in roman numerals and outputs decimal numbers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Scheduled oncampus interview and two ppl interviewed for one hour.

No introduction of themselves,no introduction of the position for which I was being interviewed and looked uninterested.

Asked two coding questions and were continously emphasizing on lowering down the complexity.

Interview Questions
    • Remove consecutive duplicates in a string inplace and less than O(n)   Answer Question

Not interested in profile

Financial Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

First off there was a phone interview where I was asked about object oriented principles, and then a couple of specific questions about my favourite language. Then the second interview was a video conference during which I had to answer computer science type questions and write some bits of code for them.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the easiest but one that I hadn't even thought of - why do you want to work for Bloomberg? Things that popped into my head were 'because I want a job'. Thankfully I blagged something about their open office environment.   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Met the company reps during the university career fair and was immediately scheduled for on campus interviews. There were three rounds of interviews with the standard set of data structure questions. The third round was mix of HR and tech. I did well in all the three (at least I thought so from my answers and their responses), but got a reject mail 3 days later.