Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions & Reviews

245 interviews

3.2

245 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2011.

All interview questions are from the book "Cracking the Coding Interview" Chap 1,5, 6, 7.

Interview Questions
  • find the longest repeating char in a sorted string   Answer Question
  • There are one hundred closed lockers in a hallway. A man begins by opening all one hundred lockers. Next, he closes every second locker. Then he goes to every third locker and closes it if it is open or opens it if it is closed (e.g., he toggles every third locker). After his one hundredth pass in the hallway, in which he toggles only locker number one hundred, how many lockers are open?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Software Developer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

Applied online by mailing in a CV and Cover Letter. Had to take a test online and scored in the advanced category. Was invited in for an interview. The interview took about 3-4 hours and consisted of 3 stages. First a team lead and a senior developer asked basic questions concerning the items on my CV and skills. Also, i was given a few questions on C programming. The second interview focused more on problem solving, data structures and complexity. Finally, had a chat with HR and was given a tour of the office building.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Bloomberg and not for Google for example.   View Answer

Financial Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

I Have an interview and i need help to get answers of questions which are asked in the online previsor skills assesment test.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2010.

previsor online IQ TEST kind of hard , the key is to manage time . i probably wont get through lots of graph rotations and mathematical questions .

Anonymous Employee  in  Allen, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2010.

asked me Qs on Java and den gradually making it into c++, trees, datastructure,

Interview Questions
    • given array b find a[i] such tht a[i]=a[n]/a[i] <-- this is the ans   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2010.

More brain teaser problems than technical/skills based problem. The HR ask me to find a medium number for a group of given number, using a easy algorithm.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2010.

Read a lot of algorithms

Financial Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2010.

Spoke with Bloomberg at the university career fair and was asked for 1:1 interview the following week. Consisted of one question regarding dynamic arrays and was subsequently asked for followup interview week later. Was rejected via email following week.

Financial Software Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2010.

Received an e-mail one day after application asking to make an online test. Since I selected C++ as the language with which I feel more comfortable, the test consisted on few C++ hard questions, it was not an IQ test as I expected. Got Proficient level (3.23/5) at the test, about 25-30 questions and 3 minutes to answer each. Reading from other reviewers, I think they only contact you for the in-house interview when you get Proficient Level of Advanced (from 3.50 to 5), which seems to be the second filter after skill assessment. Next working day received an e-mail informing of refusal (good to know, anyway).

Interview Questions
    • Multiple choice questions on: Headers, Variable declarations, Functions...   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2010.

Talked with recruiter at College Career fair. Got a call a few days later about meeting them for an interview. First round interview was with two younger software developers. All technical questions--database page pinning, hash vs tree, design a phone book, and a couple coding questions. After the interview they left the room for a couple minutes to deliberate. Came back and asked if I could come back the next day for another interview. The second interview was very similar but with only one person. Once again technical questions, a little bit about my resume, and a coding question. He then told me that a senior R&D guy was coming for final rounds in a couple weeks and asked me if I was interested in scheduling my 3rd round right then. The third round consisted of a 30 min interview with an HR woman and 30 min with an R&D manager. HR interview was typical HR questions, the R&D interview seemed very casual. He Asked me if I was planning to go to grad school and what I thought about implementing patches and quick fixes. A week later I got a call and email with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Given a binary tree and a depth, print out all the nodes at that depth   Answer Question
    • Given an integer, print it in a string with proper comma placement. Ex. you're given the integer 1234567 you should print 1,234,567   Answer Question
    • Insert an element into a sorted linked list   Answer Question
    • How would you design a phone book if you didn't have enough memory to keep all the entries in RAM?   Answer Question
    Haven't tried negotiating. Not sure if i'm going to take the offer, but the salary is very competitive for an entry level grad position.