Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.2

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Bloomberg came to my school career fair. I chatted with a representative, ended up getting an interview out of it. The first two interviews were both about an hour technical. The first one had a few questions about prior experience, while the second one was over an hour straight of writing code. The third interview was half technical and half behavioral. They were very timely in getting back to me about the interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you have two very large integers, how do you calculate the product if the product is too large to be represented by your computer program.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Orlando, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume at an on-campus career fair, and got a call several days later to schedule a on-campus interview the next morning. Talked with 6 recruiters the next day. After about five days, got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Not many, mostly technical questions focusing on coding, two or three behavioral questions such as why Bloomberg and what's most important for you other than money etc. I use Java though Bloomberg uses C++ most.   2 Answers

Negotiation

The package is generous for a new graduate, I didn't plan to negotiate....

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview

Met the company reps during the university career fair and was immediately scheduled for on campus interviews. There were three rounds of interviews with the standard set of data structure questions. The third round was mix of HR and tech. I did well in all the three (at least I thought so from my answers and their responses), but got a reject mail 3 days later.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Interview

First talked about my previous experience, meanly about a project I did last semester. The recruiter generate a problem about sorting and ask me to write the code on a piece of paper and then think of testing cases to test the program. A second question is about find the first duplicated digit in an integer.

Interview Questions

• I was not very confident to implement a sorting algorithm, so I just write a bubble sort.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

5 round of interviews. All face to face. They provide a bunch of courses about C++ and Equity. The instructors are great and have a whole lot of experience. Allow long enough time for you to make your own decision if you get an offer. Don't push people at all.

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus ( University of Maryland ,college park ) . I got a call through career fair . The first interview happened at the fair itself, I was asked a simple mathematical questions , and a simple programming questions . Then there were 2 back to back tech interview . Some of the questions that were asked : Given a list of exchange rates , between several currencies . Find out if it is possible to profit while moving through currency , exchanging , and ending up at the same currency you started with . There was a question about implementing vectors ( from STL ) . To implement a queue by using stacks . Third interview was a not really technical although person asked me about python , asked me to write some basic code in python .

Interview Questions

• The question about inner workings of templates in C++, syntax etc , was unexpected . I had coded and prepared from a more algorithm and data structure point of view . I knew some these c++ internals , but that was not the skill i was showcasing . I have given other interviews , and such software companies ,rarely ask these language specific questions . As a result whatever interviews i gave post this one , i claimed to know only C, lol.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not do much negotiation . I had only one offer back then .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Have phone interview. In that one, I was Asked CS fundamental questions and OOP concepts. Mainly about c++. Next week, I was invited to their company to have an IN-House interview. Have two rounds of tech interviews. And HR came in and told me they will reply me within 5 days.

Interview Questions

• Give a function called "fun" and imagine what does this function do.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I went to my school career fair, and I got an interview with Bloomberg by talking to them and solving their problems in place. There were 2 rounds; each round they asked me technical questions about hash tables, linked lists and also behavioral questions like "Have you ever imagined what you would do in our company?"

Financial Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Interview

Applied at career fair, got a response after a couple weeks for an in-person interview. Interviewer asked about linked-lists and basic details about what I was interested in. I wrote my answer in Java but the position was for a C++ position. Another person I know was asked questions about bit-shifting and C programming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I got the interview from a on-campus career fair. The first day was pretty easy. The interviewer started off asking me about what I knew about the company, what I would do in the company if I got a job offer. Then, he asked me a simple but required logic thinking + correct implementation on the spot problem that I have never seen. At the end of the interview, he set me up to the 2nd interview which was the day right after it. The second interviewer asked me the same behavioral questions, and he gave me a problem about hash table, another problem about linked list. I got a rejection a week after that.