Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
37 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – apply on campus fair, set up an interview immediately. There are 3 rounds , but I stopped at the first round. The questions are not quiet basic algorithm questions and c++.

Interview Question – linked list, array, search....   Answer Question

Rutgers, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – I got the on-campus interview from on-campus career fair. The two interviewers are both Phds in science, and working in this position currently. They are super nice to me. All the questions are about algorithms. They asked me write code on a paper at times. If you don't know the answer they'll give you hints. But you still need to know the basics of algorithm and data structures.

Interview Question – Print the first 9 non-duplicate characters from a string.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very efficient. Starts with one online test including details about C and C++, and a behavior test. Then two phone interviews with their engineers. No on-site.

Interview Question – 1. For the first phone interview, most of them can be searched online.
2. For the second phone interview, multithreading related questions are asked.
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – I got the reference and schedule and phone interview which is nearly 1 hour. Asked about programming problems and also financial questions

Interview Question – what is bisection method   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume on campus and got a call next day. I had an HR round on phone in which they tested my personality and then flew me off to New York.
In new york they took a 1:1 technical interview.Questions started from easy to difficult.
After that there was a round with the Hiring manager who offere me the salary package which i accepted.

Interview Question – Explain the Hidden Markov Model?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was simple salary offer which i accepted.

Very Difficult Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1) Met the Bloomberg reps at career fair, handed resume
2) Got a call a few hours later to schedule an on campus interview two weeks later
3) Went into the on campus interview expecting a standard 1 hour session. (Started at 3 PM, expected to end at 4)
4) Had 4 rounds of interviews, each about a 45 minutes long. First interview was with two software devs, second interview was with 1 software dev, third interview was with a HR, and fourth interview was with a senior programming manager.

Each interview focused heavily on data structures and OOP.

I ended up leaving at around 7 PM, so the interview was four hours long. I think they generally try to keep you for longer if they like you, or they kick you out after the first interview.

Interview Question:
In the first two interviews, the questions were heavily focused on data structures and string manipulations. There was also a lot of pointer/reference trick questions.
The third interview was a HR interview, so very standard HR questions. I.E. Why Bloomberg? What don't you like a Bloomberg?

The fourth interview was the hardest. When I had went in, he said that only one person had made it so far before me. (I came at 3 PM, so atleast 8 people have come and only one made it) The interview questions were very difficult. The interviewer gave me examples of codes and told me to find the most subtle errors and then to optimize the code. It had to do with OOP. The final question he asked me was how I would solve a specific problem in the company. (Not allowed to say)

Overall, I had a good time! Hope to interview with them again in the future.

Interview Question – The final interviewer gave me a page long example of C code and told me to find one subtle error and optimize the code... Had no idea. It had to with OOP.   Answer Question

Financial Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – phone interview: 45 mins

You have a string which stores a number with commas. For example, a string that has the number 345,000,000. How will you manipulate this string in-place [without using any extra memory] so that the output is the original string without any commas in O(n) ?

Interview Question – worst case to find a specific number in 0-99.   View Answers (2)

Financial Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2013.

Interview Details – University recruiting - Got interview call at career fair.

Interview Question – 1) Create Binary Search tree
2) Fibonnaci Series
  Answer Question

Financial Software Engineer

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2012.

Interview Details – Sent out resume through career fair. Contacted by a recruiter to schedule an on-campus interview two weeks later. Had a one to two interview. Asked two questions: 1. database design 2. implement atoi() function in which programming language you are comfortable with. The interviewers are very nice. But I didn't get further interview opportunity.

Interview Question – 1. database design 2. atoi()   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – submit the resume, was contacted after 2 weeks to schedule a phone interview.

Interview Question – the difference between public, private and protected   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!