Bloomberg L.P.
3.2 of 5 1,100 reviews
www.bloomberg.com New York, 061 5000+ Employees

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 2, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – It started with some questions about Bloomberg, why I choose this company. Then it went on with some personal details I had on my CV. Then asked about technical questions including C pointers, heap, stack, memory allocation and malloc. Also about Java JVM, garbage collector, inheritance. The interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Question – No difficult question...   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview(30 min) some hardcore questions about C++.
On site interview(with two engineers): basic C/C++ questions. Reverse string/ Reverse words order in a string.
On site interview with an engineering manager: design questions, why do you like Bloomberg?

Interview Question – I was asked to find errors in a piece of code which described two classes without any use case. This was a bit confusing since, the desired use case was not obvious.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2012.

Interview Details – questions in C about data types, analyse bit manipulation functions, and write a function that handled strings.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2011.

Interview Details – I initially had a do an online test in my choice of language (I chose C). I passed the test and I was invited to an interview one week later. The interview was split in three parts; first two developers then a senior developer and finally someone from HR.

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer-Financial Interview

Software Engineer-Financial
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2010.

Interview Details – very touch online technical interview... i applied for C developer role.. so have to take a C test.... passed this test.... was invited for face to face... any questions on array, pointers.... just basics.... but make sure u have a thorough understanding.....if sucessfull... u get an interview from senior developer... who gives u crazy puzzle....so be prepared for a puzzle..

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Engineer interview questions and advice in United Kingdom. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.