Bloomberg L.P. Global Customer Support Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

Global Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I interned there and got an interview towards the end of that process a few years ago. I had 2 interviews

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Global Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview followed by in house interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it is either you take it or leave it.

Application

Interview

Application is a simple resume submitted online and an answer to a question regarding customer support. Was first contacted by someone in HR securing an interview. The next stage is a phone interview with a manager in the Customer Support Department. Finally is an in-person interview with two managers. The questions are very centered upon customer support, how you would handle specific situations with irate customers, why customer support is important. The Team is trying to evaluate whether you are able to communicate with clients in a "human" way, while being extremely effective and efficient and problem solving on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure metrics for success in Customer Support?
      What's the difference between good Customer Support and excellent Customer Support?

1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was possible with HR but I did not negotiate.

Global Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview that went very well. I was asked to come in for a second interview which didn't go as well as I had hoped. I was interviewed by two people, both of which acted as though they didn't have any desire to be there at the time. Horrible experience!

Interview Questions

• Why Global Customer Support and not something else?   1 Answer

Global Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

I emailed my CV to the New York office and the very same day I received an email for a phone interview for the following day. I was successful for the first interview and received another email for another interview the following week. I was in England at the time and was not able to come in for the second in-person interview, this may have been the reason why I did not receive an offer.

The first and second interview asked simple questions like these:

Tell me about yourself?

Why Bloomberg?

What do you know about Bloomberg and what it does?

How do you handle an irate customer?

What if a customer is asking you for something that goes against company policies?

What is a weakness of yours? What is a strength?

What can you bring to Bloomberg?

What do you see in a manager?

Global Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online on a Monday and received a request for a phone interview on Wednesday, the interview took place on Friday. I spoke to two team members, one who had been in the Global Customer Support department for a year and worked in training and one who worked in the shadowing program. They were both friendly, engaging, and adept at the screening process. They asked questions concerning my background, strengths/weaknesses, interest in the position, and knowledge of Bloomberg and customer service. While I felt our conversation went well, I received an email from HR later in the day informing me that I was not the best person for the role.

Interview Questions

• Why are you pursuing a career in customer service?   Answer Question
    • In your opinion, what are three key aspects of providing good customer service?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an irate caller?   Answer Question
    • What kind of management style do you prefer? What is the kind of work environment in which you work best?   Answer Question

Global Customer Support Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Process started off well enough. Got contacted for a phone interview, which consisted of many of the same questions listed on this site. Both interviewers were friendly, engaging, and seemed very knowledgable. Thought interview went well and was invited in via email for an in house interview the following week. Met with a current GCUS rep and shadowed him for about 20 min before the interview. Interviewers asked the same questions as the phone interview, yet interviewers were very unprofessional. As mentioned by an earlier review, both seemed like they didn't want to be there. They were playing on their phones, checking time, and constantly looking out the window. Any questions asked to them consisted of one or two word answers. Following interview, both got up without thanking me to come in and left quickly. Emailed HR the following week with no response. Called in and HR said no decision made. Repeated process the following week, and found out I wasn't selected, not surprising. Received validation of this the next day in a rejection email. Process started very well and ended on a sour note due to two young, unprofessional interviewers

Global Customer Support Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the Human Resources department and set up a time for a phone interview within the week. Asked basic background questions and why I was interested in the job. A few days later was contacted again by HR via email to schedule an in-person interview. Went, shadowed for half an hour, then met with 2 higher ups. They asked similar standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What's a situation you were put in where things changed. How did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Global Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

First I received an email regarding a phone interview. The phone interview occurred a week later, and it was conducted by a team leader. It lasted 20-30 minutes and general questions were asked such as, "Tell me about yourself," "What do you know about Bloomberg," "Why customer service," etc. It was just to get a basic feel of you so they can determine if you're worthy enough for an in-person interview. A few days later I was invited to an in-house interview for the following week. Upon arriving, I shadowed a current rep. for about 15 minutes to get a feel of the job requirements. (The office space has a beautiful, modern atmosphere with a very transparent culture.) Then I was called into an office where I was interviewed by two different team leaders. One team leader did not seem too happy to be there. I noticed signs of disinterest and annoyance before and throughout the interview process. This team leader's body language, disgruntled facial expressions, and constant fidgeting was extremely distracting. Maybe this person was having a bad day or something. It was unprofessional nonetheless. The other team leader behaved like any other leader should have. The questions asked were basic, general questions similar to the phone interview along with some behavioral questions related to my past customer service experience. Unfortunately a few days later I received the dreaded rejection email. I was surprised considering I thought the entire process proceeded fairly well (minus the disgruntled team leader's jaded attitude). Enthusiasm, a positive attitude, and a strong customer service background are pertinent traits to possess.

Global Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview. I think this is just a screening to make sure that you aren't a totally clueless person and are enthusiastic about the company. That evening I was scheduled for an in house interview for the following week. Their office is great. Very modern, beautiful set up, lots of energy. I was interviewed by a manager and global customer support team leader. I looked over this website before going in and thankfully they asked exact questions that people had listed. ie- why bloomberg? what are your strengths/weaknesses? what is the difference between good customer service & great customer service...

Things went well and I got an email that evening that I will be interviewed by the head director a few days later via phone call since she was located in London. Well, I guess things didn't go so well with her because a week later I got a rejection email! Ohhhh the joys of job hunting! But just staying 100% enthusiastic and pro excellent customer service is key!! good luck.