Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.9

Global Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

First there was a 30 min phone interview. Then I got invited to interview on-site. I had 3 one-on-one interviews that lasted 30 minutes each. Pretty typical questions, nothing that really caught me off guard. Walk me through your resume, what do you know about Bloomberg, why do you want to work for Bloomberg, would be able to live in the Northeast, give me one last pitch at why we should hire you?

Interview Questions
  • There was nothing that took my surprise. It was a pretty typical job interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Global Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I just had a phone interview with the HR. For the second round interview there will be a 2 on 1 interview and I'm not sure what it's going to be like...

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the position. Where do you see yourself in the next couple of years. Why bloomberg. Basically are those really typical questions.   Answer Question
    I made it through and phone interview and now preparing for the second round.

Global Data Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

It is a very tough interview process with 3 people interviewing you each for 30 minutes and they let you know if you got the job after a week of interviewing

Interview Questions
    Very easy and straight forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

Process took about 3 weeks. Interviewed on campus first. Basic behavioral questions, asked about what you knew about the position, markets. Got invited to their skillman office. Office was really cool and had a great atmosphere. Had 3 interviews there with HR and senior people. This was more about fit and asking questions about my resume. Easy process with nice, personable people. The fact that I was bloomberg certified helped a lot.

Interview Questions
    • Can you talk about a company that you have been following?   View Answer

Global Data Analyst Interview

Initial contact set up through the school. Two rounds of phone interviews followed, and an all expenses paid trip to Princeton, NJ. Two in person interviews, two on one. The interviews were not bad, but you compete against at least eight other candidates if you make it to the in-person round. The recruiter was nice and we exchanged follow up emails, but after Bloomberg decides you are not the right candidate, it is impossible to get back in touch with them.

Anonymous Employee in Skillman, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Skillman, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through website, was emailed a few days later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about a half hour. Interviewer had set list of questions, ran through them then encouraged questions.

Interview Questions
    • General questions, asked to go through resume, why interested in company/ position. What previous experience/ leadership makes you a good fit for the role   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst Interview

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Submitted application and heard back within a few days. After a few emails back and forth, we set up a phone interview date/time. Interview was brief, started by describing the position and the company, ended with a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are all really basic, run of the mill behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst Interview

Applied online and received email to schedule phone interview.
    Basic all behavior questions:
    Go through resume;
    What's your career goal/path?
    Any specific area interested?
    Why bloomberg?

Do prepare experiences on your resume and show how it could related to data analyzing, try to tell good stories. They're very specific on the data part if you mentioned on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing quite new. Go through the Glassdoor. It helped a lot.   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Initially contacted by email and scheduled for a phone screening. The interview was only about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Why did the stocks go up immediately after the news about the end of government shutdown?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Met at a career fair. They reached out to me shortly after and asked for me to apply online then followed up with a 30 minute phone interview with basic questions:
    What do you know about Bloomberg?
    Who are our competitors?
    What are your career goals?
    When have you used data analysis in a project or at work to solve a problem?

They like answers that incorporate a data analysis component or show sometime of added efficiency or cost savings.

Other than that, just normal behavioral interview questions such as your biggest weakness, your greatest strengths, time you displayed leadership, time you dealt with conflict, time you worked in a group, etc.

Then had interview at the company a few days later that were set up round robin style (took several hours total). They start with an informal lunch in their cafeteria and everyone introduces themselves and meets the recruiters. Next, each recruiter takes one candidate into a private room for a 30 minute interview. My first interview round had 2 analysts interview me and ask some technical questions about basic financial industry knowledge then behavioral questions like I described above. Next round I interviewed with a low level manager for 30 minutes who asked more interviews. Final round was with an upper-level manager who wanted to meet me and asked questions like why do you want to work for Bloomberg? Do you see this as a job or as a career? What do you like the most and least about the company? What did you think of the interviews you had so far and how have your experiences been here? What do you think about the office environment from what you've observed today?

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to accept an offer from Bloomberg instead of another firm? And would you accept our offer if we offered less money than another firm?   Answer Question
    Entry-level position. No negotiation. emailed me the day after my interview to let me know I got the job and contacted me a few days later with a formal offer.