Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process from the time that my resume was submitted until the time I received an offer was approximately 4-5 months. The majority of that time was the gap between submission and the initial point of contact for a phone screening. Once I had that first contact, the rest took about a month and a half in total. - Phone Screen - In Person (meet with 3 people separately) - Offer 1.5 weeks later

Interview Questions

• They asked many different questions, standard interview questions. Most of the content comes from your own individual experiences, and they play off of what you say. Make sure not to talk yourself into a circle!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

First there was a 30 min phone interview. Then I got invited to interview on-site. I had 3 one-on-one interviews that lasted 30 minutes each. Pretty typical questions, nothing that really caught me off guard. Walk me through your resume, what do you know about Bloomberg, why do you want to work for Bloomberg, would be able to live in the Northeast, give me one last pitch at why we should hire you?

Interview Questions

• There was nothing that took my surprise. It was a pretty typical job interview.   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I just had a phone interview with the HR. For the second round interview there will be a 2 on 1 interview and I'm not sure what it's going to be like...

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position. Where do you see yourself in the next couple of years. Why bloomberg. Basically are those really typical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I made it through and phone interview and now preparing for the second round.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

It is a very tough interview process with 3 people interviewing you each for 30 minutes and they let you know if you got the job after a week of interviewing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy and straight forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Interviewed on campus first. Basic behavioral questions, asked about what you knew about the position, markets. Got invited to their skillman office. Office was really cool and had a great atmosphere. Had 3 interviews there with HR and senior people. This was more about fit and asking questions about my resume. Easy process with nice, personable people. The fact that I was bloomberg certified helped a lot.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a company that you have been following?   1 Answer

Global Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial contact set up through the school. Two rounds of phone interviews followed, and an all expenses paid trip to Princeton, NJ. Two in person interviews, two on one. The interviews were not bad, but you compete against at least eight other candidates if you make it to the in-person round. The recruiter was nice and we exchanged follow up emails, but after Bloomberg decides you are not the right candidate, it is impossible to get back in touch with them.

Anonymous Employee in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ).

Interview

Applied through website, was emailed a few days later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about a half hour. Interviewer had set list of questions, ran through them then encouraged questions.

Interview Questions

• General questions, asked to go through resume, why interested in company/ position. What previous experience/ leadership makes you a good fit for the role   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Interview

Submitted application and heard back within a few days. After a few emails back and forth, we set up a phone interview date/time. Interview was brief, started by describing the position and the company, ended with a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all really basic, run of the mill behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Edison, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

1 Phone Interview and a full day of interviewing with managers. HR on the phone seemed really nice and wanted you to get the position. The Superday was just a full day on site seeing what they do. After a free lunch, they split you up and go around interviewing you in 2. After 2 rounds of interviews with different managers, you are basically told to come back if they like you for a 3rd possible interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. 3 rounds of interviews in one day. Senior management conducted all 3 interviews. Questions were mostly behavioral and centered around your resume. They look for people who fit the culture and really want to be at Bloomberg, so you can be a genius but if you want to be an investment banker it may not be a good fit.