Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.9

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Global Data Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

It is a very tough interview process with 3 people interviewing you each for 30 minutes and they let you know if you got the job after a week of interviewing

Interview Questions
Very easy and straight forward

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

Process took about 3 weeks. Interviewed on campus first. Basic behavioral questions, asked about what you knew about the position, markets. Got invited to their skillman office. Office was really cool and had a great atmosphere. Had 3 interviews there with HR and senior people. This was more about fit and asking questions about my resume. Easy process with nice, personable people. The fact that I was bloomberg certified helped a lot.

Interview Questions
    • Can you talk about a company that you have been following?   View Answer

Global Data Analyst Interview

Initial contact set up through the school. Two rounds of phone interviews followed, and an all expenses paid trip to Princeton, NJ. Two in person interviews, two on one. The interviews were not bad, but you compete against at least eight other candidates if you make it to the in-person round. The recruiter was nice and we exchanged follow up emails, but after Bloomberg decides you are not the right candidate, it is impossible to get back in touch with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through website, was emailed a few days later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about a half hour. Interviewer had set list of questions, ran through them then encouraged questions.

Interview Questions
    • General questions, asked to go through resume, why interested in company/ position. What previous experience/ leadership makes you a good fit for the role   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst Interview

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Submitted application and heard back within a few days. After a few emails back and forth, we set up a phone interview date/time. Interview was brief, started by describing the position and the company, ended with a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are all really basic, run of the mill behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst Interview

Applied online and received email to schedule phone interview.
    Basic all behavior questions:
    Go through resume;
    What's your career goal/path?
    Any specific area interested?
    Why bloomberg?

Do prepare experiences on your resume and show how it could related to data analyzing, try to tell good stories. They're very specific on the data part if you mentioned on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing quite new. Go through the Glassdoor. It helped a lot.   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Initially contacted by email and scheduled for a phone screening. The interview was only about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Why did the stocks go up immediately after the news about the end of government shutdown?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Met at a career fair. They reached out to me shortly after and asked for me to apply online then followed up with a 30 minute phone interview with basic questions:
    What do you know about Bloomberg?
    Who are our competitors?
    What are your career goals?
    When have you used data analysis in a project or at work to solve a problem?

They like answers that incorporate a data analysis component or show sometime of added efficiency or cost savings.

Other than that, just normal behavioral interview questions such as your biggest weakness, your greatest strengths, time you displayed leadership, time you dealt with conflict, time you worked in a group, etc.

Then had interview at the company a few days later that were set up round robin style (took several hours total). They start with an informal lunch in their cafeteria and everyone introduces themselves and meets the recruiters. Next, each recruiter takes one candidate into a private room for a 30 minute interview. My first interview round had 2 analysts interview me and ask some technical questions about basic financial industry knowledge then behavioral questions like I described above. Next round I interviewed with a low level manager for 30 minutes who asked more interviews. Final round was with an upper-level manager who wanted to meet me and asked questions like why do you want to work for Bloomberg? Do you see this as a job or as a career? What do you like the most and least about the company? What did you think of the interviews you had so far and how have your experiences been here? What do you think about the office environment from what you've observed today?

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to accept an offer from Bloomberg instead of another firm? And would you accept our offer if we offered less money than another firm?   Answer Question
    Entry-level position. No negotiation. emailed me the day after my interview to let me know I got the job and contacted me a few days later with a formal offer.

Global Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Two rounds of telephone interviews, one with a recruiter and the other one is a team leader. Basic questions, such as why bloomberg, why global data ans some questions about resume. Both of the interviews continue about 20 minutes.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Went to the first interview through university recruiting.

Interview Questions
    • If you could fix one thing about the Bloomberg Terminal, what would it be?   Answer Question