Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Skillman, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Interview Details – Met at a career fair. They reached out to me shortly after and asked for me to apply online then followed up with a 30 minute phone interview with basic questions:
What do you know about Bloomberg?
Who are our competitors?
What are your career goals?
When have you used data analysis in a project or at work to solve a problem?

They like answers that incorporate a data analysis component or show sometime of added efficiency or cost savings.

Other than that, just normal behavioral interview questions such as your biggest weakness, your greatest strengths, time you displayed leadership, time you dealt with conflict, time you worked in a group, etc.

Then had interview at the company a few days later that were set up round robin style (took several hours total). They start with an informal lunch in their cafeteria and everyone introduces themselves and meets the recruiters. Next, each recruiter takes one candidate into a private room for a 30 minute interview. My first interview round had 2 analysts interview me and ask some technical questions about basic financial industry knowledge then behavioral questions like I described above. Next round I interviewed with a low level manager for 30 minutes who asked more interviews. Final round was with an upper-level manager who wanted to meet me and asked questions like why do you want to work for Bloomberg? Do you see this as a job or as a career? What do you like the most and least about the company? What did you think of the interviews you had so far and how have your experiences been here? What do you think about the office environment from what you've observed today?

Interview Question – Why would you want to accept an offer from Bloomberg instead of another firm? And would you accept our offer if we offered less money than another firm?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Entry-level position. No negotiation. emailed me the day after my interview to let me know I got the job and contacted me a few days later with a formal offer.

Skillman, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Applied through website, was emailed a few days later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about a half hour. Interviewer had set list of questions, ran through them then encouraged questions.

Interview Question – General questions, asked to go through resume, why interested in company/ position. What previous experience/ leadership makes you a good fit for the role   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – Applied online and received email to schedule phone interview.
Basic all behavior questions:
Go through resume;
What's your career goal/path?
Any specific area interested?
Why bloomberg?

Do prepare experiences on your resume and show how it could related to data analyzing, try to tell good stories. They're very specific on the data part if you mentioned on your resume.

Interview Question – Nothing quite new. Go through the Glassdoor. It helped a lot.   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Initially contacted by email and scheduled for a phone screening. The interview was only about 15 minutes.

Interview Question – Why did the stocks go up immediately after the news about the end of government shutdown?   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds of telephone interviews, one with a recruiter and the other one is a team leader. Basic questions, such as why bloomberg, why global data ans some questions about resume. Both of the interviews continue about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – what's the internship you don't like most?   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – First, recruiting interview on University campus. Asked mostly behavioral questions, previous experience and ask interviewer questions.

Interview Question – Ask interview - what is your favorite part about Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – Went to the first interview through university recruiting.

Interview Question – If you could fix one thing about the Bloomberg Terminal, what would it be?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume with the career development center at my university. Got an email to set up an interview a few days later. The interview was 1 hour long. It was mostly questions about the industry and my knowledge of the markets in general. I was not asked any behavioral questions. I dressed appropriately, for the interview, a business suit, but the interview was in a skirt that came above her knees, a long sleeve plain shirt, and flats. She did not look as if she had taken much time into trying to make a good impression on the students interviewing.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the markets? What do you read? What sections of the WSJ do you read?   Answer Question
  • What is your best investment idea right now?   Answer Question
  • Tell me two things that have happened in the past week that have had an impact on the market.   Answer Question
  • Why do you like research? What about it interests you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – phone interview followed by on site interview. personality and behavioral questions.
walk me through your resume/tell me more about yourself.
what role do you usually undertake in a team?
what motivates you to work?
what do you look for in your career?
how will you contribute to BB?
many questions of the back of another.

Interview Question – Describe a past experience in school that you felt was the most rewarding.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then in-house interview,They got two interviewers . Questions are pretty straight forward.Most of them based on your CV. Most Difficult or Unexpected Questiont : tell me about your last manager ,both strength and weakness .

Interview Question – tell me about your last manager.   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!