Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process took 1 week. Apply online, got a phone interview two days later. I was expecting a lot more data analysis questions, but the interviewer did not ask any. No tough questions. Basically all behavioral questions. Also, you will be expected to answer if you have read any econ or finance related magazines such as the economist or wsj.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have to deal with conflicts.   Answer Question

Global Data

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – A HR rep contacted me with times that work for me. She called me in the beginning of the time window that worked for me. The interviewer had little personality and took no time to actually get to know me beyond the few questions she had to ask.

Interview Question – What will your legacy be at your college five years from now?   Answer Question

Princeton, NJ

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

Interview Details – First Round Phone interview

Interview Question – The typical questions such as tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Global Data

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then 3 more rounds after that.
They mostly asked behavioral questions and what I know about the company.

Interview Question – Why not banks or other financial companies?   Answer Question

Global Data

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Started with an on campus interview, followed by phone interview, and final round interview was on-site.

Interview Question – Why don't you want to intern for a bank on Wall St instead?   View Answer

Global Data

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – They ask why you're interested, who is your ideal boss. Work culture is flat gender-wise, professional and passionate about stocks and media.

Interview Question – Who do you think is Bloomberg's competitor?   View Answer

Princeton, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Interview Details – Photo Interview

Interview Question – The questions are very straightforward. They asked me about my resume and my excel skills. Also asked like: Do you prefer teamwork or work by myself?   Answer Question

Skillman, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online in first week of October, had a phone interview 2 weeks later, and the invited for on site interview. Mostly behavior questions and past work experiences. The office was very interesting and met a lot of great people. Be prepared to answer questions in regards to the current economy as well as how you fit into the bloomberg culture.

Interview Question – 1. Tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume.
2. Why should we hire you?
3. Briefly explain the financial crisis of 2008.
4. Can it happen again?
5. How does current event from other countries affect the U.S. economy?
6. What are your career aspirations?
7. Why Bloomberg? Why not Investment Bank?
8. What makes Bloomberg different from its competitors?

The day before I interviewed, there was an article about FactSet (Bloomberg competitor) cutting about 3000 jobs. I think that definitely helped. Also remember that past work experiences are greatly valued. Make sure you can relate each experience to the job at Bloomberg.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Since it was an entry level, no negotiations.

Skillman, NJ

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email the same day to setup a phone interview. Had the phone interview a week later with an HR rep from Skillman NJ. The entire conversation was more of a monologue, as she asked me to tell her about myself and then she didn't say anything for 10 minutes, even when I left obvious pauses for her to say something. Maybe she stepped out for the time I was on the phone and then came back later... I was not impressed.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. What do you know about Bloomberg? What do you know about this position?   Answer Question

Global Data

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – First interview with a recruiter on campus. Asked regular behavioral questions (What do you know about Bloomberg, Why hire you, Walk me through your resume, A time you showed leadership/worked on a team, How would you apply your background/skills here, Tell me about an event in the market, etc).

Took them about 2 months to respond and invited me to Skillman, NJ for a second round interview. (I had about a week to prepare). 2 rounds of interviews, each with two managers at a time. Also asked behavioral questions (except a little more intense) and then got some lunch and a tour of the office. Very nice, but not nearly like the one in NYC.

A week later I got a call for an offer to intern in NJ.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you? (And if you say a buzzword or cliches, you're cut off)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not what I expected. Great experience but company is all news and data. Different aspect from banking world.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!