Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.9

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Global Data Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Phone interview with HR followed by an in-house interview which consisted of two half hour interviews both of which were 2 interviewers and me. They are really friendly at Bloomberg. No drug test at any point.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly behavioral questions. I think I was only asked one question related to the markets.   Answer Question
No negotiation. Don't even try because they would probably revoke your offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Global Data Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

A HR rep contacted me with times that work for me. She called me in the beginning of the time window that worked for me. The interviewer had little personality and took no time to actually get to know me beyond the few questions she had to ask.

Interview Questions
    • What will your legacy be at your college five years from now?   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Phone interview, then 3 more rounds after that.
    They mostly asked behavioral questions and what I know about the company.

Global Data Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Started with an on campus interview, followed by phone interview, and final round interview was on-site.

Interview Questions
    • Why don't you want to intern for a bank on Wall St instead?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

First Round Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • The typical questions such as tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

The interview process took 1 week. Apply online, got a phone interview two days later. I was expecting a lot more data analysis questions, but the interviewer did not ask any. No tough questions. Basically all behavioral questions. Also, you will be expected to answer if you have read any econ or finance related magazines such as the economist or wsj.

Global Data Interview

They ask why you're interested, who is your ideal boss. Work culture is flat gender-wise, professional and passionate about stocks and media.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you think is Bloomberg's competitor?   View Answer

Global Data Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

First interview with a recruiter on campus. Asked regular behavioral questions (What do you know about Bloomberg, Why hire you, Walk me through your resume, A time you showed leadership/worked on a team, How would you apply your background/skills here, Tell me about an event in the market, etc).

Took them about 2 months to respond and invited me to Skillman, NJ for a second round interview. (I had about a week to prepare). 2 rounds of interviews, each with two managers at a time. Also asked behavioral questions (except a little more intense) and then got some lunch and a tour of the office. Very nice, but not nearly like the one in NYC.

A week later I got a call for an offer to intern in NJ.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? (And if you say a buzzword or cliches, you're cut off)   Answer Question
    Not what I expected. Great experience but company is all news and data. Different aspect from banking world.

Intense, Several Rounds, Several ??s and several interviewers

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult if you are prepared. But they are trained to go all out and see how prepared are you!   Answer Question
    none