Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York Mls, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York Mls, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

I applied the position about 1 month ago and they called me after about three weeks to give me a phone interview. The questions are quite typical, like why bloomberg, how much do u know about bloomberg, talked about your curent company, what is ur biggest success, etc. They called me back in the same day and offered me an onsite interview. Let's see...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Global Data Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by email regarding an interview, one for each of the following weeks. They were pretty standard phone interviews, running through my resume and then asking me about myself and why I was interested in Bloomberg.

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

First round: telephone interview
    Second round: one interview with two Bloomberg employees (one team leader) , 1 presentation and one test.
    Final round: interview with the head of the European department (for London office)

first round was very easy, competency based interview, all about yourself.
    Second round: they will ask you several times why you want to join Bloomberg and why Global data?

Final round is with the head of the EMEA department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

First round interview was over the phone. I was contacted by a campus recruiter and I was schedule in for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of the following questions:
    1) Why Bloomberg?
    2) Tell me about yourself?
    3) Who are Bloomberg's competitors and customers? What are some of Bloomberg's products?
    4) What do you know about the company?
    5) What are your career aspirations?

After a week, I was contacted by the same recruiter and scheduled for an on-site interview in Skillman, NJ. Initially, I was told that I would have two back to back interviewers with two managers in each interview. When I arrived at the interview, I was informed that the first two back to back interviews would determine whether I received a third interview with a higher-up manager. I was told by a previous employee that Bloomberg likes to throw curveballs at interviewees, so this didn't surprise me. All three interviews were mildly difficult. I was asked the following questions:
    1) Tell me about yourself?
    2) Why Bloomberg?
    3) What are your career aspirations? Short term and long term?
    4) Impact of housing market on bond and equity markets?
    5) What's the difference between a stock and a bond? Give me a definition for both?
    6) Give me an example of a derivative?
    7) What is the difference between futures and forward contracts?
    8) Tell me about some recent financial stories you have been following?
    9) Give me an example of a time you failed at something?
    10) How did you work with a team in your previous jobs?
    11) Why did you not receive offers from your previous internships?
    12) I was asked a number of questions about my background and previous job experience.
    13) What's going to set you apart from all the other candidates? (They really didn't want a generic answer on this one. Saying you're a hard-worker or a team-player was not going to cut it.)
    Overall, the interviewers were very clear about the type of person they were trying to recruit. They were very stern, but respectful. They definitely tried to intimidate me by giving no facial expressions on whether my answers were acceptable or not. I had a good experience and would recommend that if people are looking to work in a fast-paced environment with high intensity, Bloomberg is a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Impact of housing market on bond and equity markets?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting salaries for entry-level global data analysts are non-negotiable. I tried anyway, but they did not budget on the number.

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

A HR rep contacted me with times that work for me. She called me in the beginning of the time window that worked for me. The interviewer had little personality and took no time to actually get to know me beyond the few questions she had to ask.

Interview Questions

• What will your legacy be at your college five years from now?   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2013.

Interview

1 day after application, HR called me and offered a phone-interview next day. Basic questions (like why bloomberg?) were asked based on my resume. Two days later I was invited to in-house interview and I had video conference intervwiew with team members. Questions were like :how would you react in certain situations? I think they wanted to check whether I am the right person and can fit to their team.

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Sent in an application online and got an email to schedule a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      What type of interns are we looking for?
      What do you know about Bloomberg?

Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Online application. Telephone Interview 3 rounds of office interviews.
    Telephone interview was more technical than I expected (not just CV questions). First-round office interview was a bit stressful, the interviewer pushed with a lot of technical questions and questions about the company. All interviews are average difficulty. Just make sure you know a lot about the company and about Global Data.

Interview Questions

• If someone in your team does not work well, what will you do?   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Interview

They ask why you're interested, who is your ideal boss. Work culture is flat gender-wise, professional and passionate about stocks and media.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think is Bloomberg's competitor?   1 Answer

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Started with an on campus interview, followed by phone interview, and final round interview was on-site.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you want to intern for a bank on Wall St instead?   1 Answer