Bloomberg L.P.

2.9

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York Mls, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York Mls, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2009.

I applied the position about 1 month ago and they called me after about three weeks to give me a phone interview. The questions are quite typical, like why bloomberg, how much do u know about bloomberg, talked about your curent company, what is ur biggest success, etc. They called me back in the same day and offered me an onsite interview. Let's see...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Global Data Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2012.

I was contacted by email regarding an interview, one for each of the following weeks. They were pretty standard phone interviews, running through my resume and then asking me about myself and why I was interested in Bloomberg.

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2012.

First round: telephone interview
    Second round: one interview with two Bloomberg employees (one team leader) , 1 presentation and one test.
    Final round: interview with the head of the European department (for London office)

first round was very easy, competency based interview, all about yourself.
    Second round: they will ask you several times why you want to join Bloomberg and why Global data?

Final round is with the head of the EMEA department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2013.

First round interview was over the phone. I was contacted by a campus recruiter and I was schedule in for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of the following questions:
    1) Why Bloomberg?
    2) Tell me about yourself?
    3) Who are Bloomberg's competitors and customers? What are some of Bloomberg's products?
    4) What do you know about the company?
    5) What are your career aspirations?

After a week, I was contacted by the same recruiter and scheduled for an on-site interview in Skillman, NJ. Initially, I was told that I would have two back to back interviewers with two managers in each interview. When I arrived at the interview, I was informed that the first two back to back interviews would determine whether I received a third interview with a higher-up manager. I was told by a previous employee that Bloomberg likes to throw curveballs at interviewees, so this didn't surprise me. All three interviews were mildly difficult. I was asked the following questions:
    1) Tell me about yourself?
    2) Why Bloomberg?
    3) What are your career aspirations? Short term and long term?
    4) Impact of housing market on bond and equity markets?
    5) What's the difference between a stock and a bond? Give me a definition for both?
    6) Give me an example of a derivative?
    7) What is the difference between futures and forward contracts?
    8) Tell me about some recent financial stories you have been following?
    9) Give me an example of a time you failed at something?
    10) How did you work with a team in your previous jobs?
    11) Why did you not receive offers from your previous internships?
    12) I was asked a number of questions about my background and previous job experience.
    13) What's going to set you apart from all the other candidates? (They really didn't want a generic answer on this one. Saying you're a hard-worker or a team-player was not going to cut it.)
    Overall, the interviewers were very clear about the type of person they were trying to recruit. They were very stern, but respectful. They definitely tried to intimidate me by giving no facial expressions on whether my answers were acceptable or not. I had a good experience and would recommend that if people are looking to work in a fast-paced environment with high intensity, Bloomberg is a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Impact of housing market on bond and equity markets?   View Answer
    Starting salaries for entry-level global data analysts are non-negotiable. I tried anyway, but they did not budget on the number.

Global Data Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

A HR rep contacted me with times that work for me. She called me in the beginning of the time window that worked for me. The interviewer had little personality and took no time to actually get to know me beyond the few questions she had to ask.

Interview Questions
    • What will your legacy be at your college five years from now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

The interview process took 1 week. Apply online, got a phone interview two days later. I was expecting a lot more data analysis questions, but the interviewer did not ask any. No tough questions. Basically all behavioral questions. Also, you will be expected to answer if you have read any econ or finance related magazines such as the economist or wsj.

Global Data Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Phone interview with HR followed by an in-house interview which consisted of two half hour interviews both of which were 2 interviewers and me. They are really friendly at Bloomberg. No drug test at any point.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions. I think I was only asked one question related to the markets.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Don't even try because they would probably revoke your offer.

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

3 interviews:
    1st with analysts which ask you a Excel test, a logic test, and part in English
    2nd with a manager that asks about you, life, college, where worked and skills, and few Economics stats too.
    3rd with US manager that asks about you and CV issues.

OBS: excel test is not hard, but you have to know specific text formulas and dummy formulas as VLOOKUP, RIGHT, LEFT, ROUND, SUMIF, etc

Interview Questions
    • BOVESPA Index; Inflation rate; Interest tax rate, prices, etc   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skillman, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Applied online in first week of October, had a phone interview 2 weeks later, and the invited for on site interview. Mostly behavior questions and past work experiences. The office was very interesting and met a lot of great people. Be prepared to answer questions in regards to the current economy as well as how you fit into the bloomberg culture.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume.
      2. Why should we hire you?
      3. Briefly explain the financial crisis of 2008.
      4. Can it happen again?
      5. How does current event from other countries affect the U.S. economy?
      6. What are your career aspirations?
      7. Why Bloomberg? Why not Investment Bank?
      8. What makes Bloomberg different from its competitors?

The day before I interviewed, there was an article about FactSet (Bloomberg competitor) cutting about 3000 jobs. I think that definitely helped. Also remember that past work experiences are greatly valued. Make sure you can relate each experience to the job at Bloomberg.

Answer Question
    No. Since it was an entry level, no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

First Round Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • The typical questions such as tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume   Answer Question