Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.9

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2015.

Interview

Step 1: Applied online with CV and CV screening
Step 2: Participated in the assessment centre (time counted written quiz including mc questions, group interview, presentation) (dont be too aggressive and too talkative, do perform co-operative and show your kindness)
Step 3: Selected candidates will be invited for individual interview

I am still waiting for the last round individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: How to balance between timeliness and accuracy when handling the financial information?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am still waiting for the last round interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in October 2014.

Interview

3 interviews:
    1st with analysts which ask you a Excel test, a logic test, and part in English
    2nd with a manager that asks about you, life, college, where worked and skills, and few Economics stats too.
    3rd with US manager that asks about you and CV issues.

OBS: excel test is not hard, but you have to know specific text formulas and dummy formulas as VLOOKUP, RIGHT, LEFT, ROUND, SUMIF, etc

Interview Questions

• BOVESPA Index; Inflation rate; Interest tax rate, prices, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by an in-house interview which consisted of two half hour interviews both of which were 2 interviewers and me. They are really friendly at Bloomberg. No drug test at any point.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. I think I was only asked one question related to the markets.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Don't even try because they would probably revoke your offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process took 1 week. Apply online, got a phone interview two days later. I was expecting a lot more data analysis questions, but the interviewer did not ask any. No tough questions. Basically all behavioral questions. Also, you will be expected to answer if you have read any econ or finance related magazines such as the economist or wsj.

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied on the company website and got the Email from the agent in 2 days.

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

A HR rep contacted me with times that work for me. She called me in the beginning of the time window that worked for me. The interviewer had little personality and took no time to actually get to know me beyond the few questions she had to ask.

Interview Questions

• What will your legacy be at your college five years from now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

First Round Phone interview

Interview Questions

• The typical questions such as tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Telephone Interview - pretty basic and very friendly.

Global Data Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then 3 more rounds after that.
    They mostly asked behavioral questions and what I know about the company.

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

Got an first interview at the Carrier forum, and went through 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th round. All interviews asked about motivation, behavioral questions, not the technical one. I am now expecting to have the final round- 6th round. First they said 5th was the final but changed it somehow.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important three elements in the Bloomberg business model   Answer Question