Bloomberg L.P. Global Technical Support Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

applied online and was invited for skype interview. There were two skype interviews for total, and they were not difficult, as long as you sound confident about what you are saying.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Bloomberg? Why this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, then office interview few weeks later.

Application

Interview

I applied for the position, and about a week or so later I received a request for a telephone interview. The telephone interview consisted of the usual questions. What do you know about Bloomberg? A few days after the telephone interview, I was contacted to arrange a in house interview. The in house interview was carried out by two young guys. They asked mostly basic questions and went through my resume. The key part was they asked you to carry out a typing speed test while answering technical questions. This kind of threw me off, as the test is using the bloomberg keyboard, which i had never used before. I know my typing speed is better than the result i achieved and also did not see the point of this. I was promised that i would hear something the following week. I still haven't heard anything. I think they should at least bother to contact you to let you know you have been unsuccessful, considering the effort you have put in to attend.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bloomberg   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview; approximately 15 minutes Why Bloomberg? How did you hear about us? What challenges do you foresee working as a technical support representative over the phone? What is your current compensation at your current position?

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? How did you hear about us?   Answer Question
    • What challenges do you foresee working as a technical support representative over the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with two members of the team. Very straight forward. How fast can I type. Can I multitask, "yes, they did ask these two questions." Why Bloomberg? Talk about some of my experiences. Shift possibilities. What it boiled down to is that I wasn't their fit. Most likely over qualified, for the position and maybe intimidating. Nothing technical, nothing challenging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

It was a two-hour interview. I met with a first set of two mangers, went through my resume, and was given more detail about the company and the position. Then I was placed with an employee and shadowed for about 15 minutes. It was very interesting and the employee was very helpful in explaining different situations and what each component is for. I then interviewed with another set of three people, going over the same information as before and then shadowed with another employee afterwards. This employee was very helpful in even informing one of the techs that I would be listening in and gaining his permission for such use. He would then explain certain terms that was commonplace in GTEC but not familiar to myself. I then interviewed with three more people and even had a small, brief Japanese conversation to show my proficiency. Advice I would give is to be as calm as possible. If you plan to show off any language ability, if you are not fluent, definitely brush up and try to speak as calmly as possible. The interview went very well and the deciding process was only a few days. A very pleasant process!

Negotiation

I informed I would take a 40k minimum due to my experience and what not, I was able to secure 8k more.

Global Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applying through an agent, I have gone through phone interview and group assessment. Phone interview was a general one, asking questions to look at your background, interest and motivation, and importantly, your linguistic ability. Group assessment was 2-hour long, consisting of greeting session, discussion and presentation. Basically throughout the recruitment process Bloomberg is looking for someone who has passion for technology, has good mannerism, has linguistic ability.

Interview Questions

• Self introduction in Eng and Mandarin, while I am native in Cantonese   Answer Question

Global Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2015.

Interview

I sent my application online, got an email from HR in 30 mins: asked when I would have been available for an interview. The first contact had to be by phone with a person from HR dpt but I actually got directly my first interview on the phone with a TL. Simple questions about my previous experience and my motivation about working at Bloomberg. Been told I had to wait 4-5 days to get a response but actually got an email after 30 mins with an invitation for a recruitment event in London. Waiting to go there.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself What kind of technical skills do you have? Previous work experience What do you know about Bloomberg? Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Global Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I had the first interview over the phone and then I was invited for a recruitment event. After the event I was invited for a final interview. They have amazing offices and most people were very nice and friendly. They did not call me back after the interview so I am expecting a rejection email any time soon.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Some technical stuff and a lot of questions about previous positions held.   Answer Question

Global Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview then video conference. Process takes only a few days. Nothing is difficult. Just simple interview questions. It seems like they were testing my language skills

Interview Questions

• Most straightforward questions about bloomberg and how r u going to be a good team player, how would you be an excellent customer service and how would you describe some technical problems in human language?   Answer Question