Bloomberg L.P.

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then office interview few weeks later.

Interview Question – How would you go above and beyond for a client?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position, and about a week or so later I received a request for a telephone interview. The telephone interview consisted of the usual questions.

What do you know about Bloomberg?

A few days after the telephone interview, I was contacted to arrange a in house interview. The in house interview was carried out by two young guys. They asked mostly basic questions and went through my resume. The key part was they asked you to carry out a typing speed test while answering technical questions. This kind of threw me off, as the test is using the bloomberg keyboard, which i had never used before. I know my typing speed is better than the result i achieved and also did not see the point of this.

I was promised that i would hear something the following week. I still haven't heard anything. I think they should at least bother to contact you to let you know you have been unsuccessful, considering the effort you have put in to attend.

Interview Question – What do you know about Bloomberg   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview; approximately 15 minutes

Why Bloomberg? How did you hear about us?
What is your current compensation at your current position?

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? How did you hear about us?   Answer Question
  • What challenges do you foresee working as a technical support representative over the phone?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with two members of the team. Very straight forward.
How fast can I type.
Can I multitask, "yes, they did ask these two questions."
Why Bloomberg?
Talk about some of my experiences.
Shift possibilities.

What it boiled down to is that I wasn't their fit. Most likely over qualified, for the position and maybe intimidating.
Nothing technical, nothing challenging.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2009.

Interview Details – It was a two-hour interview. I met with a first set of two mangers, went through my resume, and was given more detail about the company and the position. Then I was placed with an employee and shadowed for about 15 minutes. It was very interesting and the employee was very helpful in explaining different situations and what each component is for. I then interviewed with another set of three people, going over the same information as before and then shadowed with another employee afterwards. This employee was very helpful in even informing one of the techs that I would be listening in and gaining his permission for such use. He would then explain certain terms that was commonplace in GTEC but not familiar to myself. I then interviewed with three more people and even had a small, brief Japanese conversation to show my proficiency.

Advice I would give is to be as calm as possible. If you plan to show off any language ability, if you are not fluent, definitely brush up and try to speak as calmly as possible.

The interview went very well and the deciding process was only a few days. A very pleasant process!

Negotiation Details – I informed I would take a 40k minimum due to my experience and what not, I was able to secure 8k more.

Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview
2. On-site interview

Interview Question – Not really
Normal questions related to windows
  Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. Global Technical Support interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.