Bloomberg L.P. Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I stopped by my university's career fair with the assumption that talking to Bloomberg would be more informational, but it was a mini interview. They began asking programming questions and reviewing data structures that I had learned about.

Interview Questions
  • Specific programming questions about scope, validity of an argument.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied through college/university. First round was a technical phone interview. The interview was for about 50 minutes long. HackerRank was used writing code. The interviewer was specifically interested in c++ even when I told him that I was comfortable with java. The interviewer focused on Data Structures and Algorithms specifically.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

Applied at a career fair in the fall and was called for an on-campus interview in the spring. After the first round, they called me for a second but as they had no slots left, they said they will schedule it in a couple of weeks when they come to campus again. I did not hear from them since. When they came to campus again, I asked about scheduling the second round. I was told that they were done with interns for the summer. Overall, communication, even within themselves, was very poor.

Interview Questions
    • General resume based questions and a couple of generic programs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

First round interview for internship was pretty good. They seemed like they really wanted to know that you knew a thing or two about Bloomberg Terminal and their other products.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have lunch with one of the most important figures from the financial markets who would you choose?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Applied through school and had a few rounds of interviews. Each interviewer had a different approach, one would test my thinking skills , another coding skills and language skills. It was along process.

Interview Questions
    • Code up the collision management system you used in your project. Tell em more about your past projects   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Two senior engineers interviewed me. One person first looked through my resume and asked some questions about it. Then he gave me a binary tree problem which I spent most of the time solving it. The other person didn't speak totally. After I finished the problem they answered my questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2014.

Met a few company reps at a career fair at my school and a reception the night before. Had an interview on campus (my school) which was a 1-hour long tech interview. My interviewers unfortunately were very rude and disrespectful. There weren't any soft or behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given an unsorted array of integers that represents the prices of a given stock at the closing bell, how would you find the minimum and maximum values that would give you the maximum profit?   Answer Question
    • Given a server with multiple clients, find the following values for all of the data held in the clients with minimal data transmission between the server and the clients: minimum, maximum, mean, median.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

This is a phone interview, it lasted about 25 minutes. First, they just go through your resume and ask you about your past experiences. The most difficult part always comes last. They will ask a little financial equation questions and some really technical questions, one by one. It is too technical for me then.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied through my campus career fair. They called me for an on campus interview. The first interview went well so they called me in for an interview the next day. After a month, I was invited to do an on-site interview. They asked me a question about linked-list reversal which I answered correctly. Then HR sent me a rejection email the same week.

Intern Interview

I applied and heard back from them pretty quick (around 4 days). The phone interview was mostly fit questions, why Bloomberg, tell me about yourself, talk about your experiences etc. The interview was about 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward, the recruiter wants to see if you fit the culture of Bloomberg.   Answer Question