Bloomberg L.P.

Getting the Interview

25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – I applied through my campus career fair. They called me for an on campus interview. The first interview went well so they called me in for an interview the next day. After a month, I was invited to do an on-site interview. They asked me a question about linked-list reversal which I answered correctly. Then HR sent me a rejection email the same week.

Interview Question – They asked me to reverse a linked list.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through career fair and heard back from them after 2 weeks. 2:1 interview about C++.

Interview Question – How would you find the minimum length of a path between 2 points in a maze of 2D array?
How would you parse string by a space?
  Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Interview Details – The process took well over 3 months and interviews were done both in New York and San Francisco. It was a nail-biting process but in the end they treat all their interns like gold which was great.

Interview Question – Probably not difficult as a question but I had a very long answer to the question "Why would you want to come and work here". Often it's those easy questions that you really have to give enough thought to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations at all.

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – I applied and heard back from them pretty quick (around 4 days). The phone interview was mostly fit questions, why Bloomberg, tell me about yourself, talk about your experiences etc. The interview was about 30 minutes long.

Interview Question – Very straightforward, the recruiter wants to see if you fit the culture of Bloomberg.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – I had 2 levels of interviews, one technical phone interview, followed by an on site interview; for the on site interview we were given stay in the city if need be, and on the day of the interview, we were given a tour of the building followed by a series of interviews.

Interview Question – For my phone interview I was given an unorthodox question which was meant to flex my knowledge of C; a question regarding the implementation of dynamic memory utilities from stdlib   View Answer

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – Set up a telephonic interview within a week of application.

Interview Question – Questions were mostly about data structures and memory management problems.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – met at a campus career fair. had a couple of on campus interviews. not too hard. then i got asked to come into NYC.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had three successive phone interviews terminating with my hiring superior. I first spoke with the HR person in New York, then they had me talk to my direct superior in San Francisco. They asked both personality and technical questions about economic events and indicators.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at BLoomberg instead of investment banking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was for an intern job, so since it was good pay and a good program. I accepted it.

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Telephonic interview

Interview Question – Explain how the virtual memory works.
Simple questions were asked. But I was not selected :-(
  Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Just a phone interview conducted by the human resources department. It was short maybe only a half an hour. I was given a time I was supposed to talk to her and I blocked out about a hour. The next process of the interview would have been a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you improved a process.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. Intern interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.