Bloomberg L.P. Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014

3.2

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Two senior engineers interviewed me. One person first looked through my resume and asked some questions about it. Then he gave me a binary tree problem which I spent most of the time solving it. The other person didn't speak totally. After I finished the problem they answered my questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied through my campus career fair. They called me for an on campus interview. The first interview went well so they called me in for an interview the next day. After a month, I was invited to do an on-site interview. They asked me a question about linked-list reversal which I answered correctly. Then HR sent me a rejection email the same week.

Intern Interview

I applied and heard back from them pretty quick (around 4 days). The phone interview was mostly fit questions, why Bloomberg, tell me about yourself, talk about your experiences etc. The interview was about 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward, the recruiter wants to see if you fit the culture of Bloomberg.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I had 2 levels of interviews, one technical phone interview, followed by an on site interview; for the on site interview we were given stay in the city if need be, and on the day of the interview, we were given a tour of the building followed by a series of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • For my phone interview I was given an unorthodox question which was meant to flex my knowledge of C; a question regarding the implementation of dynamic memory utilities from stdlib   View Answer

Intern Interview

Set up a telephonic interview within a week of application.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly about data structures and memory management problems.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

I applied through career fair and heard back from them after 2 weeks. 2:1 interview about C++.

Interview Questions
    • How would you find the minimum length of a path between 2 points in a maze of 2D array?
      How would you parse string by a space?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

met at a campus career fair. had a couple of on campus interviews. not too hard. then i got asked to come into NYC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Telephonic interview

Interview Questions
    • Explain how the virtual memory works.
      Simple questions were asked. But I was not selected :-(
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Just a phone interview conducted by the human resources department. It was short maybe only a half an hour. I was given a time I was supposed to talk to her and I blocked out about a hour. The next process of the interview would have been a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you improved a process.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2013.

I had three successive phone interviews terminating with my hiring superior. I first spoke with the HR person in New York, then they had me talk to my direct superior in San Francisco. They asked both personality and technical questions about economic events and indicators.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at BLoomberg instead of investment banking.   Answer Question
    It was for an intern job, so since it was good pay and a good program. I accepted it.