Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Oct 25, 2014

3.2

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Applied through school and had a few rounds of interviews. Each interviewer had a different approach, one would test my thinking skills , another coding skills and language skills. It was along process.

Interview Questions
  • Code up the collision management system you used in your project. Tell em more about your past projects   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Two senior engineers interviewed me. One person first looked through my resume and asked some questions about it. Then he gave me a binary tree problem which I spent most of the time solving it. The other person didn't speak totally. After I finished the problem they answered my questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied through my campus career fair. They called me for an on campus interview. The first interview went well so they called me in for an interview the next day. After a month, I was invited to do an on-site interview. They asked me a question about linked-list reversal which I answered correctly. Then HR sent me a rejection email the same week.

Intern Interview

I applied and heard back from them pretty quick (around 4 days). The phone interview was mostly fit questions, why Bloomberg, tell me about yourself, talk about your experiences etc. The interview was about 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward, the recruiter wants to see if you fit the culture of Bloomberg.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I had 2 levels of interviews, one technical phone interview, followed by an on site interview; for the on site interview we were given stay in the city if need be, and on the day of the interview, we were given a tour of the building followed by a series of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • For my phone interview I was given an unorthodox question which was meant to flex my knowledge of C; a question regarding the implementation of dynamic memory utilities from stdlib   View Answer

Intern Interview

Set up a telephonic interview within a week of application.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly about data structures and memory management problems.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

I applied through career fair and heard back from them after 2 weeks. 2:1 interview about C++.

Interview Questions
    • How would you find the minimum length of a path between 2 points in a maze of 2D array?
      How would you parse string by a space?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

met at a campus career fair. had a couple of on campus interviews. not too hard. then i got asked to come into NYC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Telephonic interview

Interview Questions
    • Explain how the virtual memory works.
      Simple questions were asked. But I was not selected :-(
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Just a phone interview conducted by the human resources department. It was short maybe only a half an hour. I was given a time I was supposed to talk to her and I blocked out about a hour. The next process of the interview would have been a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you improved a process.   View Answer