Bloomberg L.P. Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a series of three phone interviews with people within the division I was applying for. They questioned me on everything from my resume to situational questions. Everyone was really friendly to me over the phone, and often they would spend a while explaining the position to me and the dynamics of the team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied to an internship via university career center. I had spoken with several HR people before setting up an "official interview". I had a few rounds of phone interviews from entry level personnel to Senior level. Still waiting for offer or rejection. I spoke a lot about my knowledge of the bloomberg terminal, software, and their news network. I felt a strong connection with the first two people that interviewed me. What is the process usually?

Interview Questions

• - What do you know about Bloomberg? -How has your course work prepared you for this internship? -How will your global experience benefit you at bloomberg?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through university. Had a 30 minute interview with two employees. One being a recruiter, the other a recent grad from my school who was now a full time employee. Very short and easy interview. However, they didn't seem very interested in me at all. Didn't hear back from them until I reached out a second time after my follow up email, asking when I would hear back regarding another round. They emailed me right away letting me know that I didn't receive another interview. Overall bad experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I stopped by my university's career fair with the assumption that talking to Bloomberg would be more informational, but it was a mini interview. They began asking programming questions and reviewing data structures that I had learned about.

Interview Questions

• Specific programming questions about scope, validity of an argument.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume online and got contacted a week or so later to set up a phone screen, which ended up being a couple quick behavioral questions and a few simple technical problems in C++. I passed that, and they flew me out to New York a couple months later for an on-site interview. The on-site was rather strange, since I only had two rounds of technical interviews and none with HR, whereas my friend, who was there with me, had three rounds of technical interviews and one with HR. In any case, I screwed up my on-site pretty badly and didn't get an offer. Seems like a cool place though. I hear famous people walk into the office all the time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I applied through college/university. First round was a technical phone interview. The interview was for about 50 minutes long. HackerRank was used writing code. The interviewer was specifically interested in c++ even when I told him that I was comfortable with java. The interviewer focused on Data Structures and Algorithms specifically.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

Interview

Applied at a career fair in the fall and was called for an on-campus interview in the spring. After the first round, they called me for a second but as they had no slots left, they said they will schedule it in a couple of weeks when they come to campus again. I did not hear from them since. When they came to campus again, I asked about scheduling the second round. I was told that they were done with interns for the summer. Overall, communication, even within themselves, was very poor.

Interview Questions

• General resume based questions and a couple of generic programs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

First round interview for internship was pretty good. They seemed like they really wanted to know that you knew a thing or two about Bloomberg Terminal and their other products.

Interview Questions

• If you could have lunch with one of the most important figures from the financial markets who would you choose?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through school and had a few rounds of interviews. Each interviewer had a different approach, one would test my thinking skills , another coding skills and language skills. It was along process.

Interview Questions

• Code up the collision management system you used in your project. Tell em more about your past projects   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Two senior engineers interviewed me. One person first looked through my resume and asked some questions about it. Then he gave me a binary tree problem which I spent most of the time solving it. The other person didn't speak totally. After I finished the problem they answered my questions.