Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Getting the Interview

1,598 candidate interviews

GLOBAL DATA PLACEMENT Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – The first round interview is phone interview,I received a phone interview 3 months after my application.The hr ask me to go through my CV in phone interview, the whole process takes around 30 minutes, I received notification to next round interview in a months' time.

Customer Financial Service Representative Interview

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – Metrics, How do you multi task (very important to know how to answer this question), customer experience, and things on resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Entry Level Interview

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – Dont remember when and where I have applied. Got an email for a position and they have scheduled a phone interview and later cancelled it and scheduled a phone interview for a more apt position.

Interview Question – The interviewer was very patient and helpful. He guided me through the though process but was very fastidious and kept asking till he heard what he wanted to hear. Asked me to write the code for the hash function when the key is a string of 2 characters between a and z.   View Answer

Syndicated Loans Analyst Interview

Interview Details – Phone Interview with HR
F2F Interview with line manager

Interview Question – How to deal with difficult people   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacts me. It took 2 weeks.Interview questions are not hard.

Interview Question – Do I have experience with memory leaks?   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Took over a week to receive a technical phone interview invitation, I wrote I am best in Java in my CL so the questions are mostly general questions about Java. The interviewer is really nice and guide me through the thinking process when I cannot give an answer immediately. After two days I received an invite to in-house interview. Have not been to the in-house interview yet.

Interview Question – Quite simple questions, just basic understanding of some of the most common programming language (C, Java, C++)   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – The process was rather surprising because it was a group interview, unlike what I had previously expected. I was told to discuss with four other participants on how to penetrate Bloomberg product to the universities, and contribute a business idea of selling a $3 orange in different regions of Hong Kong.

Interview Question – Suppose you have imported an orange for $3 from elsewhere, and want to make a profit in Hong Kong. How would you sell oranges in different parts in Hong Kong? Why?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – were a panel of two people and asked basic c and some logical quesitions as i was a non computer science major. was not very difficult.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer/Research Scientist Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – The worst interview experience ever. The interviewer called my several minutes late, which I guess is fine. There were two interviewers, a lady and a guy. They first started out asking me about my resume, but none of them showed any interests in it. The lady asked me one question and we moved on to a online coding session. The question is a standard one, reverse an integer. e.g. 123 -> 321. The lady actually thought about using pow()... Then I asked about their work, the guy told me that they are working on some classification methods. I then asked how accurate their method is. The guy thought I was challenging their product and became impatient, saying 'our product is accurate enough so people will buy it...'

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – First telephone interview was pretty basic- why bloomberg, why this role, what do I know about the products offered etc.
Next round I believe was a bit harder. They asked me to pitch the terminal to a reuters user.

Interview Question – why would a researcher buy terminal over fact set ( which is super cheap in comparison )
How can a corporation hedge currency risk using bbg?
  Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. interview questions and advice. All 1,598 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.