Bloomberg L.P.

1,738 candidate interviews

Product Sales and Analytics Interview

Product Sales and Analytics

Interview Details – 1st stage phone interview: 20-30 mins
The questions are basic such as your team work experience, why BBG and main competitors.
Know your CV well and there are a lot of information of BBG on the official website, glassdoor and database.
All questions can be well prepared in advance through researches.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on line and was contacted very soon by email. Then I was set up a phone screen interview. They waited for me about a month, which was so nice. Then during the phone interview, the people I was talking to was so nice, he guided me through to solve the coding problem step by step. I really appreciate this opportunity, because it helped me a lot for my future interviews.

Interview Question – Not really, just Tree and LinkedList   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst Interview

Global Data Analyst

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – phone interview followed by on site interview. personality and behavioral questions.
walk me through your resume/tell me more about yourself.
what role do you usually undertake in a team?
what motivates you to work?
what do you look for in your career?
how will you contribute to BB?
many questions of the back of another.

Interview Question – Describe a past experience in school that you felt was the most rewarding.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2011.

Interview Details – analyst then moving to sales , financial sales and analytics program , 3 interviews , 1 phone then 2 face to face , mainjly questions about background , why BBG ? why this position ? financial updates on the market ? market players ? etc

Interview Question – how would you react if you boss took your idea and didn t givey ou credit for it ?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – 1st interview with HR - phone screening
2nd interview with direct manager - 45min via phone general questions
3rd interview with 2 team members - 1h30 talked about why you're interested in the role, why bloomberg, how you can contribute. Pretty straight forward. Do your research beforehand about the company.

Interview Question – Your knowledge of the financial industry and experience within it.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Financial Sales and Analytics

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – I applied online through BBG website and within 2 days got an email invitation to phone interview 20 minutes, walk me through your CV, questions like why BBG, who are competitors, why not investment bank, question about bonds, generally pleasant experience, 30 min later invited via email to in-house interview.

Interview Question – How conflict in Ukraine / Russia influences financial markets.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, via their website. I had applied to jobs with them before, but this was the first time I had gotten a response. I emailed to set up a phone interview. I missed the initial call from the interviewer and left a message. Did not hear back from him until two days later. We set up a time to talk on the following Monday. He was 10 minutes later. Had the phone screening interview, during which the interviewer said I had applied twice (not sure if it had been a software error on my end or if I had applied at separate times). He gave a great description of the position (much more in depth than the job posting) and we talked about what the job entailed, what were my qualifications and why did I feel I fit, etc.

I didn't think it had gone well and did not have contact information for the interviewer. But I was contacted to come in for an in-person interview and off I went. The DC office is nice--they have all sorts of snacks, tea, coffee, water, fruit, soy/almond milk available to eat (their kitchen area is right by the entrance).

The in-person interview was fairly boring. Much of it was cookie cutter questions, such as describe a time when you had a conflict that prevented you from proceeding with your work, how did I feel about long hours/working in an open office (it appears the staff all work in rows of desks. There is no privacy), what drew me to the position, did I have experiences in X, etc. I honestly felt that they were politely interviewing me, but there was not a strong interest in me as a candidate.

It was a nice visit but I suspected I would not get the job. They let me know that there would be one more round of interviews with their boss if I would be selected to advance. Neither interviewer had cards for me, so I had no way of thanking them (I actually forgot their names as soon as I walked out the door).

About a week later, I received a rejection email. I couldn't say I was surprised but I am actually relieved. Although I have worked in the open office plan before, their layout honestly seemed very cramped. And as the job requires long hours, I'm not sure I'd want to be in such a tight space surrounded by people working well beyond the end of the work day.

Interview Question – At the very end they asked me about gaps in my work history. I wonder if the placement of the question was meant to throw me off. I've gotten this question before elsewhere, so it wasn't totally shocking.   Answer Question

Tech Representative Interview

Tech Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – They were fast. It was fast indeed. Nothing hard, you can relax. They ask you typical questions like how did you find the job and etc. All you gotta do is to talk in a relaxed manner.

Interview Question – Not that really. It is basic.   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Financial Software Developer

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – Had two round interview... first round was very straightforward, asked typical data structure, graph search, and object oriented questions (linked lists, depth first search, memoization, classes). Second round was much harder, with algorithmically complicated coding problems (the naive solution was usually easy, but the interviewer would then press on for a much more difficult solution)

Interview Question – Counting the number of anagrams of one string in another string   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics (Client Services) Interview

Sales and Analytics (Client Services)
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received email few days later asking for availability for interview and one question: To your knowledge, what does analytics (client services) role mean to Bloomberg? Information found in job description of the opportunity that I have applied and similar opportunities offered by other locations.

First interview offer received few days after replying to the email. 4 parts: company intro. 2 group discussion questions. debate with another group. Led by one HR and one team lead. 22 people divided into 4 groups. 1 discussion question is to rank characters of a story (15 minutes including reading the story and discussion). Then debate your ranking with another group. (Few rounds, each round 3 minutes of preparation and about 30 seconds for group members to talk, sometimes all member, sometimes only one group representative, so be proactive.) After that is a financial awareness question for discussion: a client gives your group one million to invest. Explain how the money should be invested with the support of financial news and knowledge. It can be in any sectors and instruments. Advice: know your client, diversification, make sure you look at all sectors and instruments, not only you can pick choices you can also rule out the inappropriate ones, based on the latest market movement.

Receive offer for second interview right at the night of the first interview. One-to-one with the team lead in first interview. Standard question about your CV and behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging experience of serving customers that you have ever had?   Answer Question
  • There are many candidates that have come to this round of interview, why should I choose you over the others to further proceed into the next round?   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!