Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
1,833 Interview Reviews

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Two senior engineers interviewed me. One person first looked through my resume and asked some questions about it. Then he gave me a binary tree problem which I spent most of the time solving it. The other person didn't speak totally. After I finished the problem they answered my questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I got an on campus interview through a career fair. The interview was 2 weeks after, and was a two on one technical interview. After doing well on this interview, they gave me a 2nd interview a day after, and it was very much the same. I got the offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Approximate the square root of a number using binary search.   Answer Question

Market Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied online and interviewed over the phone two days later. I was asked basic questions:
    -Why Bloomberg?
    -Why did I apply when I didn't have the background?
    -Career plans?
    I received an email about a week later.

Software Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through career fair, and did an on-campus interview. There were two interviewers in the room. The interviewers started to explain about several works being done at Bloomberg and about the work that the interns get to do. I got to ask some questions and got very nice answers to my questions. The interview questions were moderate with many Graph application questions.

Interview Questions
    • Assume there is a graph of API dependencies, a circular dependency would certainly be bad. Create an algorithm that would find any cycles in a graph.

Suppose you have checked for circular dependencies and managed to resolve it all, how will you create an order of how the APIs will be linked?
        View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Went through an employee referral scheme - phone interview within 2 days, followed by an interview at the offices the following week. Very efficient process. The interview was with two employees and it lasted just over an hour. They asked motivation questions, why Bloomberg and not an investment bank? There was also a sales scenario with regards to the Bloomberg Terminal.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a terminal to an insurance underwriter?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

apply on their official website
    after a week, got the telephone interview. Then get the vedio conference interview in next week
    First run:telephone interview (15 mins) - common questions, like go through your resume, why bloomberg, what this position about, any other products of bloomberg
    Second run: vedio-conference interview (1 hour)

Interview Questions
    • do you think some large corporation will buy the terminal   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

If you apply through an on campus recruiter, you will first go through an on campus interview most probably. If not then a phone interview. There are a total of about 3 interview, before you get called on site for the final interviews. You get your decision pretty soon after.

Interview Questions
    • Given two arrays of sorted integers, how would you find the minimum difference in O(n) time.   Answer Question

Financial Product Sales & Analytics - French Speaker - Entry-level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I) Online application: CV mandatory. Must answer two brief questions about your interest in joining BB and your skills for the position.
    Advisable to include cover letter and reference letter (if applicable).

II) Phone interview: a 30-min "speed-dating" style interview that will bombard you with questions in order to see how you can handle the pressure while at the same time showing your interest in joining BB and specifically the area & position as well as responding to some competitive market questions (why BB and not TH-RTRS, or FactSet...).
    Good advice: be succint and do not diverge from the topic of the question. Keep the calm in order to answer with clarity.

Interview Questions
    • Why should a client choose the BB terminal over a product from TH-RTRS or from FactSet? What is that makes it unique? (competitive analysis is helpful here)   Answer Question
    I have just passed this 2nd stage. Now waiting for the 3rd stage (1:1 interview). There can be 2nd 1:1 interview as well.

Earning Estimate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

After 2 days, I got the invitation to phone interview.
    Why Bloomberg?
    Tell me about this division and this position.
    Do you have this specific experience related to the position?
    Explain your previous work.
    How is it relevant to the position you applied?

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions asked during the phone interview   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

The recruiter got back to me quickly after submitting my application. I was surprised that it only took 3 or 4 days. It was a very basic interview, she called me on the phone and asked the usual questions like "Could you walk me through your resume?" and "Why do you want to work for Bloomberg?" She wasn't an animated interviewer at all, and I heard it in her voice that she already done a whole bunch of interviews earlier that day. Other than that, the whole thing lasted around 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!