Bloomberg L.P.

Updated Nov 19, 2014
1,954 Interview Reviews

3.1

Global Data Training Program Interview

Submitted resume, take 3 weeks to process. Scheduled interview, 7-9 questions about 20- 30 minutes... sounds like the HR was recording only and you feel like no one was on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about bloomberg? Why Bloomberg? What do you know about global data? Tell me about yourself. etc...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

On campus Career fair - submitted resume. got a call the next day for on campus interview. There were 4 technical rounds. all on campus. after 5 days got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • mostly all questions were based on data structures and algorithms. expect atleast on brain teaser if you clear the first round of the interviews.
      Questions to me were- sorting an arraylist containing 1's and 0's. how to implement LRU cache. How would you implement an auto-complete feature. encoding a word file to save space- any ideas?
        View Answers (2)

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Typical behavorial questions. Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work at Bloomberg, What in particular made you want to work here, where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Intern Interview

Applied through school and had a few rounds of interviews. Each interviewer had a different approach, one would test my thinking skills , another coding skills and language skills. It was along process.

Interview Questions
    • Code up the collision management system you used in your project. Tell em more about your past projects   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

If you apply through an on campus recruiter, you will first go through an on campus interview most probably. If not then a phone interview. There are a total of about 3 interview, before you get called on site for the final interviews. You get your decision pretty soon after.

Interview Questions
    • Given two arrays of sorted integers, how would you find the minimum difference in O(n) time.   View Answers (3)

Sales and Data Analytics Summer Bootcamp (London) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Process took a couple of weeks. applied online, got a email scheduling a phone interview. phone interview lasted around a half hour. several tricky questions that were made to stump you.

Interview Questions
    • what is a CDS, who is ceo, where is our stock trading at, main revenue streams of the firm.   Answer Question
    none

Global Data Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by an in-house interview which consisted of two half hour interviews both of which were 2 interviewers and me. They are really friendly at Bloomberg. No drug test at any point.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions. I think I was only asked one question related to the markets.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Don't even try because they would probably revoke your offer.

Software Developer Interview

phone interview first, then on-site, if you have campus interview, just go for it. It is very helpful and useful .Besides, please remember to dress code to the interview. Phone call is about some behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • i am not familiar with writing code on the hackrank   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Got a first round interview through school career fair. First round interview was technical from the start, asked for a brief introduction about myself and then went straight to coding. Given a piece of paper and asked to code live. Mostly data structures questions and anything you said to have known on your resume. So hopped from topic to topic based on what you had down as knowing. Second round also very technical was almost 3 hours in nature and very intensive.

Interview Questions
    • Define an algorithm that given a string of words will be able to sort and find most common occurrences of subsequent characters.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

2 to 1 on-campus interview. They first let me explained projects I did, and then get right to the point---write code on paper. Two interviewers, each of them gave me one problem. The first one is to reverse a singly linked list. The other is copy a block of memory to destination (I don't think the problem was well defined, although I tried to make it clear). I was not satisfied with my performance, though the interviewers are helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Copy a block of memory from source to destination. You need to consider the overlapping cases. Yet I don't think copy from behind will solve the problem. Because the memory may overlap at the beginning. So a pre-check of overlapping region is necessary. In my view, for a typical copy operation the source should not be overwritten, but the answer allows for that. I was pretty confused...   View Answers (2)