Bloomberg L.P.

1,727 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details – submit resume online. Get a phone interview and I failed.The phone interview question is not hard, but you should be communicate with your interviewer enoughly. I failed on the first round of phone interview screening. It's very pity because the question is not hard. If this company is your dream company, remember don't start coidng at first, try to communicate with the interviewer.

Interview Question – The questions are basic,such as find whether two trees is subtree of each other.   View Answer

Mobile UI Visual Designer Interview

Mobile UI Visual Designer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – I got the 1st email from HR personnel that invites me into the 2nd Panel/Group interview via phone conference.
In the panel/Group interview, I went over 2-3 projects from my portfolio and explained typical process.

Interview Question – They asked if I have worked on any projects that implemented heavy financial data.   View Answer

Sales and Analytics Interview

Sales and Analytics

I applied online and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – Got a phone interview after one week sending out resume. The interview questions were behavioral and hey valued the leadership and ability to group of the candidate slightly more than other qualities for this position. The interviewer were nice. But the response was quite slow, had to waited a few weeks for the notification. Overall, it was a moderate experience but Bloomberg was definitely a reputational company to work for.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Senior Web Developer
Princeton, NJ

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details – Sub mitted appli cation online. HR resp onses very quickly and made app ointment for phone inter view by a team leader. After phone inter view, HR sent follow up email imm ediately for next app ointment.

Interview Question – database engine   Answer Question

Equity Fundamentals Analyst Interview

Equity Fundamentals Analyst
Skillman, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Interview Details – Apply, Interview, Test, Interview with Managment. This was spaced out quite a bit which is apparently standard proceedure for Bloomberg. Big companies tend to move slow. Interviews were mostly question related to the open position and how it could relate to previous exp.

Interview Question – Test is a text book financial quiz any decent University graduate will ace. The wording is pretty terrible, and providing a calc would have been nice, but it was not really difficult. The interviewers are clearly stressed and the interviews seem like a bother to them. I was interviewed by 2 twenty somethings, followed by a mid thirties Indian woman manager(with her knees up against the table, who was too busy on her iphone to actually listen to my answers), and finally by the managers bosses. They did not seem interested in what I could do as much as how easily i delt with stress and time managment. RED FLAGS to under staffed and over worked.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I ended up turning down the job as the pay to work expected was horrible. I have read a couple dozen reviews online of people simply walking out on this position.

Senior Developer/Engineer/Architect Interview

Senior Developer/Engineer/Architect

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me based off of my profile on LinkedIn. Told me that my skills were of great interest and if I was looking for a new opportunity to be in touch and offered me four different times over the next 48 hours to talk and coordinate an in person interview in NYC.

I emailed and didn't hear back until 2 minutes prior to the second time they had offered that they would be in touch.

They immediately demanded current salary information and said they were going to base any offer off my current salary. They were insistent that I provide this information and that the interview would not continue until I disclosed. They refused to tell me about the position or the work itself. They refused to accept my expected salary range. The conversation was about three minutes long.

I refuse to be bullied by a company that doesn't respect it's applicants and refuses to pay people based on their experience, skills, and what they bring to the table. Disappointed and surprised at their hard ball tactics.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on the Website, then got a phone interview after two weeks. Asked two easy coding questions.
After three weeks invited to NY to take the onsite interview.
Two rounds technique interview, both talked about something on your resume and two coding questions (not hard)
Third round talks with a manager, design software about stocks. After this round, I was asked to leave :(
Onsite is not hard, prepare the basic algorithms and data structures well.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. But I'm not sure about the third round's question (because this is the round I was asked to leave)
design a system about stocks: lots of stock info go into system, customers are waiting the other side for the stock system, how to design the system.
  Answer Question

Financial Products Sales&Analytics Interview

Financial Products Sales&Analytics

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied a position in Beijing office. Hong Kong office HR interviewed me. All basic behavior questions: Why Bloomberg? Why you? Then followed up with a role play - giving a cold call and sell a product to him. Last was Q&A section. He did not give much information on my questions, and said "that's so far you need to know" . Got the second round offer, but somehow didn't proceed in the end. The HR was a bit mean and unprofessional, which ruined my good impression about Bloomberg.

Interview Question – Role play   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details – started with a phone interview. Was asked the standard BBerg questions. Why Bloomberg? what do you like about our culture etc.

2 weeks later was brought into NY office. Did the standard shadowing of two differnt people working on the terminals. Then had the interview with 3 "Account Managers".

Did not ask anything overly difficult. Had a list of of very standard and marginally relevant interview questions. Like how many terminals are in the world?

Interview Question – How many bloomberg terminals are in the world?   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Financial Sales and Analytics
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Interview Details – Step 1: Personality Test: Gives you 60 character traits and you have to rank which ones are most like you, kind of like you, slightly like you, and then the same for not like you.
Step 2: Phone Interview: Simple questions about resume, why bloomberg, and the position. make sure you know about the position, and that it is about interfacing with clients/sales in addition to the finance aspect. They're trying to see if you're a good fit/that you really want Bloomberg
Step 3: In person: 1 hour tour of facilities, terminal demonstration, and then two 1 on 1 interviews. show your interest throughout. one on one is with someone from sales/ someone from analytics. Sales will ask you about sales experience/sales based questions, and analytics will ask you about the "why finance" side of things and some questions about motivations for the job.
Step 4: 2 on 1 with 2 managers in the analytics department. Much more difficult. Ask some critical thinking questions, are constantly on their phones trying to throw you off, and somewhat rude. Don't be phased by this; stay positive and polite and answer everything.

Interview Question – why bloomberg?
what's more important in sales? the client or the product?
what do you know about the position?
why finance?
what is one story you have been following in the markets?
what is the biggest misconception about you?
how many terminals does bloomberg have internally?
how would an airline company use the terminal?
sell me something (could be college, iphone app, pen, etc.)
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't try negotiating because it's a set program. if you're coming out of college, fantastic benefits.