Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions

2,268 Interview Reviews

3.1

Global Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2015.

I received an email from a recruiter notifying me that I was chosen for a phone call interview and was asked what days that week worked for me. I had applied a few months before I received the email. After scheduling the phone call, the recruiter called me on the later date that I set up. The phone call was less than 10 minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2015.

There are 4 rounds in total. The first two were technical rounds. The third round was with team manager, I guess and last round was with HR. The technical rounds were 2-1. I liked the whole interview process. There were many instances, where I got, but interviews helped me out.

Interview Questions
    • priority queue implementation
      print a matrix in some specified in manner
      Linked list questions

Answer Question

C++ FX Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2015.

Hands on phone screen dealing with code and how to modify binary search to skip for empty strings, etc. Then how cache works using hashmap and how to optimize and prune based on oldest entires. In addition make sure you know how to iteratate over hm, how to update and delete, and overall complexity of using a hashmap.

Interview Questions
    • You have 5 horses all racing. There are 10 sensors that measure each time the horse crosses the line. The client wants to be able to ask the question, what are the fastest horses in order based on time stamp. What data structures would you use, and how would you update them so that you can easily ask: give me top 5 horses as of now and return those in the proper time stamp order, fastest to slowest. Which data structures to use, and how to optimize for both updates and the question asked earlier?   View Answer

Legal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skillman, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Skillman, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

After submitting an application on their website, you will be contacted first by someone from HR. They will ask general questions about why you are interested in the position and try to determine if you are qualified for the position. If you pass, you will get a second phone call from a team member of the group you are applying to. This person will ask you why you are seeking a non-legal job and what your plans are for the future, etc. If they like you, you will then be invited to come in for an in-person interview with more members of the team, including the team manager. The interviews are pretty intense. You will be interviewed by two people at each stage of the interview in a glass room surrounded by employees at their work desks (Bloomberg's open workplace concept). This isn't your typical legal job interview because most likely, they won't care about your prior legal experience (if you have any). They will ask questions like why you went to law school, why you are interested in the position, have you applied to any of their competitors, why or why not, what three adjectives would you use to describe yourself, etc. Expect the interviews to last all day, mine took approx. 3 hours (I went through 3 rounds with 6 people).

The company is impressive but I wasn't so impressed by my interviewers. Some of them had no legal experience and Bloomberg was their first and only job out of law school. I would be okay with that except I felt at times that they were very snooty. There were stages of the interviews where it felt very awkward, where it seemed as though they weren't trying to get to know me as a person but wanted to know if I could be robotic in performing my job (the job, as it was described, is repetitive, i.e. boring). Anyway, I didn't receive an offer but I'm okay with that.

Interview Questions
    • Have you applied to any of our competitors? Why or why not?   Answer Question
    • Have you used our competitors' products? Have you used our product? Do you have any suggestions for improvement with regard to our competitors' products? What about ours?   Answer Question
    • What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Senior SAP Security Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

It was just a phone interview followed by an in-house interview. They ask more about my CV. They also discussed some technical issues related to cyber security. It was not tough at all.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

The interview process was through a phone call. It was very technical. The interviewer asked me several questions about probability, stochastic calculus, and what level I would rate my coding skills.
    The interviewer expected a nearly perfect answer for the questions he asked and he was kindly critic about my answers.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied online ,during phone interview they asked general questions about the company,why I wanted job at Bloomberg, why finance etc.... waited for email...did not make it.
    Guess i wasn't enthusiastic enough about the job.

Quantitative Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Briefly asked some questions about my resume, then asked 2 technical questions. Prior to the interview they told me to prepare for the live coding on hackerank but the interviewer said he had his style so he would just ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • 1. how to stole a sequence of integer then get the median?
      2. what is the big O of this algorithem

Answer Question

Financial Product Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I applied online and received an email requesting for a 15 to 20 minute phone interview. I heard back a day later asking me to attend a super day in which I participated in two one-on-one interviews and got a tour of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe yourself in 3 words, examples of good and bad customer service, tell me something that's not on your resume   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Simply go through the resume and basic c++ questions. After about 30 min, I was asked to write a small program in C++. Also the company care about C version 11. Pay attention to the new features in C version 11. Right now still waiting for response for the next round.